- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 179657, 6 pages
Research on Nonlinear Feature of Electrical Resistance of Acupuncture Points
1Laboratory of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1200 Cailun Road, Shanghai 201203, China
2Systemic Physiology Laboratory for Acupuncture and Meridian, Shanghai Research Center of Acupuncture and Meridians, 199 Guoshoujing Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Received 19 September 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Wolfgang Schwarz
Copyright © 2012 Jianzi Wei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Voll, “Twenty years of electroacupuncture diagnosis in Germany. A progress report,” American Journal of Acupuncture, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 7–17, 1975.
- E. F. Prokhorov, J. González-Hernández, Y. V. Vorobiev, E. Morales-Sánchez, T. E. Prokhorova, and G. Z. Lelo de Larrea, “In vivo electrical characteristics of human skin, including at biological active points,” Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 507–511, 2000.
- M. Reichmanis, A. A. Marino, and R. O. Becker, “Laplace plane analysis of impedance on the H meridian.,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 188–193, 1979.
- H. M. Johng, J. H. Cho, H. S. Shin et al., “Frequency dependence of impedances at the acupuncture point Quze (PC3),” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 33–36, 2002.
- M. Reichmanis and R. O. Becker, “Physiological effects of stimulation at acupuncture loci: a review,” Comparative Medicine East and West, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 67–73, 1978.
- M. Reichmanis, A. A. Marino, and R. O. Becker, “Electrical correlates of acupuncture points,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 533–535, 1975.
- J. Hyvarinen and M. Karlsson, “Low resistance skin points that may coincide with acupuncture loci,” Medical Biology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 88–94, 1977.
- T. F. Pei and H. L. Liu, “Test and preliminary analysis on electrical skin impedance in 6 patients with ulcers,” Haerbin Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 40–41, 1960.
- I. M. Korr, P. E. Thomas, and H. M. Wright, “Patterns of electrical skin resistance in man,” Acta Neurovegetativa, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 77–96, 1958.
- S. Pearson, A. P. Colbert, J. McNames, M. Baumgartner, and R. Hammerschlag, “Electrical skin impedance at acupuncture points,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 409–418, 2007.
- S. Kramer, K. Winterhalter, G. Schober et al., “Characteristics of electrical skin resistance at acupuncture points in healthy humans,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 495–500, 2009.
- A. C. Ahn and Ø. G. Martinsen, “Electrical characterization of acupuncture points: technical issues and challenges,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 817–824, 2007.
- J. Wei, X. Shen, and T. Wang, “The resistance of acupoint and its measurement,” Sheng wu yi xue gong cheng xue za zhi = Journal of biomedical engineering = Shengwu yixue gongchengxue zazhi, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 509–511, 2006.
- B. Wu, X. Hu, and J. Xu, “Effect of increase and decrease of measurement voltage on skin impedance,” Acupuncture Research, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 104–107, 1993.
- H. M. Langevin, D. L. Churchill, J. R. Fox, G. J. Badger, B. S. Garra, and M. H. Krag, “Biomechanical response to acupuncture needling in humans,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 2471–2478, 2001.
- T. Wang, X. Y. Shen, J. Z. Wei, and G. H. Ding, “Develop on computer-based detection system of volt-ampere characteristic of acucpoints.,” Chinese Archives of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1427–1429, 2008.
- J. Z. Wei, A. M. Zhang, X. Y. Shen, Y. Zhou, and L. Zhao, “Volt-ampere characteristics of Yuan points of three yin channels of hand in women before, during and after menstruation,” Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 260–264, 2006.
- C. P. Richter and B. G. Woodruff, “Changes produced by sympathectomy in the electrical resistance of the skin,” Surgery, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 957–970, 1941.
- J. Fraden and S. Gelman, “Investigation of nonlinear effects in surface electroacupuncture,” American Journal of Acupuncture, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 1979.
- T. Yamamoto and Y. Yamamoto, “Non-linear electrical properties of skin in the low frequency range,” Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 302–310, 1981.
- X. Y. Shen, J. Z. Wei, Y. H. Zhang et al., “Study on Volt-ampere (V-A) characteristics of human acupoints,” Zhongguo zhen jiu = Chinese acupuncture & moxibustion., vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 267–271, 2006.
- Z. P. Liu, T. Yin, X. G. Guan et al., “Primary study on objective evaluation parameter and method of acupuncture deqi and maneuver,” Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation, vol. 9, no. 29, pp. 119–121, 2005.
- D. Zhang, G. Ding, X. Shen et al., “Role of mast cells in acupuncture effect: a pilot study,” Explore, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 170–177, 2008.
- K. Cheng, X. Y. Shen, G. H. Ding, and F. Wu, “Relationship between laser acupuncture analgesia and the function of mast cells,” Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 478–483, 2009.
- Y. Zhou, J. Z. Wei, and X. Y. Shen, “Research on circadian rhythm of volt-ampere characteristic at Taiyuan(LU9),” China Journal of Basic Medicine in Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 54–56, 2003.
- J. Z. Wei, Y. Zhou, L. M. Hua, X. Y. Shen, C. H. Wan, and Y. B. Zhou, “Research on circadian rhythm of volt-ampere characteristic at six-yin-meridian yuan- primary points,” Chinese Archives of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 233–234, 2004.
- J. Z. Wei, X. Y. Shen, T. Wang, H. J. Mao, Y. Zhou, and L. X. Lao, “Circadian difference of volt-ampere characteristics of acupoints daling (PC7),” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 13, no. 8, article 903, 2007.
- C. Rixin, “Porter analyze on the electrical resistance of forearm area of heart meridian,” Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 26–28, 1987.