- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 241416, 11 pages
Comparative Effects of Er-Xian Decoction, Epimedium Herbs, and Icariin with Estrogen on Bone and Reproductive Tissue in Ovariectomized Rats
1School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, No. 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, China
2Department of Pharmaceutics, No. 455 Hospital of CPLA, Shanghai 200052, China
3Department of Pharmacy, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou 350108, China
Received 12 July 2012; Revised 27 August 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmad Nazrun Shuid
Copyright © 2012 Liming Xue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xin Zhang, Tie Liu, Yuanliang Huang, Daniel Wismeijer, and Yuelian Liu, “Icariin: Does It Have An Osteoinductive Potential for Bone Tissue Engineering?,” Phytotherapy Research, 2013.
- Yuhui Kou, Zhiyong Wang, Zhihong Wu, Peixun Zhang, Yu Zhang, Xiaofeng Yin, Xisheng Wong, Guixing Qiu, and Baoguo Jiang, “Epimedium Extract Promotes Peripheral Nerve Regeneration in Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Lijuan Yang, Zixu Yu, Haili Qu, and Minmin Li, “Comparative Effects of Hispidulin, Genistein, and Icariin with Estrogen on Bone Tissue in Ovariectomized Rats,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 485–490, 2014.
- Yu Sun, Linguang Li, Chunting Liu, Qingbo Liu, Lingzhi Li, Ying Peng, and Shaojiang Song, “Two new components from the rhizome of Anemarrhena asphodeloides Bge. and their antiplatelet aggregative activity,” Phytochemistry Letters, vol. 7, pp. 207–211, 2014.
- Chenrui Li, Qiang Li, Ruijun Liu, Yinbo Niu, Yalei Pan, and Yuankun Zhai, “Medicinal Herbs in the Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2014.
- Ka-Chun Wong, Kin-Shing Lee, Hon-Kit Luk, Hoi-Ying Wan, Chui-Kwan Ho, Yan Zhang, and Man-Sau Wong, “Er-Xian Decoction Exerts Estrogen-Like Osteoprotective Effects In Vivo and In Vitro,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 409–426, 2014.
- He Zhang, Ying Dong, Bin Qi, Li Liu, Guangxin Zhou, Xueyuan Bai, Chunhui Yang, Daqing Zhao, and Yu Zhao, “Preventive Effects of Collagen Peptide from Deer Sinew on Bone Loss in Ovariectomized Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Shiwei Wang, Yao Tong, Tzi-Bun Ng, Lixing Lao, Jenny Ka Wing Lam, Kalin Yanbo Zhang, Zhang-Jin Zhang, and Stephen Cho Wing Sze, “Network pharmacological identification of active compounds and potential actions of Erxian decoction in alleviating menopause-related symptoms,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 10, 2015.
- Ying Xu, Xiao-ping Ma, Jin-na An, Zi-jia Zhang, Jie Ding, Ya-kun Qu, Zhen-li Liu, and Na Lin, “Short-time QiBaoMeiRan Formula Treatment Exerts Estrogenic Activities without Side Effects on Reproductive Tissues in Immature Mice,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- Chenrui Li, Qiang Li, Qibing Mei, and Tingli Lu, “Pharmacology effects and pharmacokinetic properties of icariin, the major bioactive component in Herba Epimedii,” Life Sciences, 2015.
- Qi Ye, Xue-Qin Ma, Chang-Ling Hu, Bing Lin, Li-Sheng Xu, Cheng-Jian Zheng, and Lu-Ping Qin, “Antiosteoporotic activity and constituents of Podocarpium podocarpum,” Phytomedicine, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 94–102, 2015.
- Yu-hui Kou, Bao-guo Jiang, Bo Chen, Su-ping Niu, Zhi-yong Wang, Zhen-wei Wang, Jiu-xu Deng, Pei-xun Zhang, Xiao-feng Yin, and Na Han, “Local administration of icariin contributes to peripheral nerve regeneration and functional recovery,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 84, 2015.
- Yun-Ho Hwang, Kwang-Jin Kim, Jong-Jin Kim, Kyung-Yun Kang, Sung-Ju Lee, Gil-Yeon Jeong, Kyung-Hee Choi, Young-Jin Son, and Sung-Tae Yee, “ Antiosteoporosis Activity of New Oriental Medicine Preparation (Kyungokgo Mixed with Water Extract of Hovenia dulcis ) on the Ovariectomized Mice ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–17, 2015.
- Moo Jin Choi, Byung Tae Choi, Hwa Kyoung Shin, Byung Cheul Shin, Yoo Kyoung Han, and Jin Ung Baek, “ Establishment of a Comprehensive List of Candidate Antiaging Medicinal Herb Used in Korean Medicine by Text Mining of the Classical Korean Medical Literature, “ Dongeuibogam ,” and Preliminary Evaluation of the Antiaging Effects of These Herbs ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–29, 2015.
- Xiao-Jia Chen, Zheng-Hai Tang, Xi-Wen Li, Cai-Xiang Xie, Jin-Jian Lu, and Yi-Tao Wang, “Chemical Constituents, Quality Control, and Bioactivity of Epimedii Folium (Yinyanghuo),” American Journal Of Chinese Medicine, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 783–834, 2015.
- Chun-Tao Che, Man Wong, and Christopher Lam, “Natural Products from Chinese Medicines with Potential Benefits to Bone Health,” Molecules, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 239, 2016.
- Inthrani Raja Indran, Ryan Lim Zhen Liang, Tan Ee Min, and Eu-Leong Yong, “Preclinical studies and clinical evaluation of compounds from the genus Epimedium for osteoporosis and bone health,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2016.
- Shufen Liu, Jianhua Huang, Jing Wang, Yongjian Zhao, Sheng Lu, Yongjun Wang, and Qin Bian, “Er-Xian Decoction Stimulates Osteoblastic Differentiation of Bone Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Ovariectomized Mice and Its Gene Profile Analysis,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–10, 2016.