- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 271606, 15 pages
Beneficial Effect of Shikonin on Experimental Colitis Induced by Dextran Sulfate Sodium in Balb/C Mice
1Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultat de Farmàcia, Universitat de València, Burjassot, 46100 Valencia, Spain
2Departamento de Patologia, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de València, 46100 Valencia, Spain
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Cassandra L. Quave
Copyright © 2012 Isabel Andújar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Marta Marin, Rosa Maria Giner, and Jose-Luis Rios, “Intestinal anti-inflammatory activity of ellagic acid in the acute and chro nic dextrane sulfate sodium models of mice colitis,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 150, no. 3, pp. 925–934, 2013.
- Isabel Andujar, Jose Luis Rios, and Rosa Maria Giner, “Pharmacological Properties of Shikonin - A Review of Literature since 2002,” Planta Medica, vol. 79, no. 18, pp. 1685–1697, 2013.
- Marta Marin, Rosa Maria Giner, and Jose-Luis Rios, “Protective Effect of Apocynin in a Mouse Model of Chemically-Induced Coliti s,” Planta Medica, vol. 79, no. 15, pp. 1392–1400, 2013.
- Ting Li, Fenggen Yan, Rui Wang, Hua Zhou, and Liang Liu, “Shikonin Suppresses Human T Lymphocyte Activation through Inhibition of IKKβ Activity and JNK Phosphorylation,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Xiao-Li Wu, Chu-Wen Li, Hai-Ming Chen, Zu-Qing Su, Xiao-Ning Zhao, Jian-Nan Chen, Xiao-Ping Lai, Xiao-Jun Zhang, and Zi-Ren Su, “Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Supercritical-Carbon Dioxide Fluid Extract from Flowers and Buds of Chrysanthemum indicum Linnén,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- I. Andujar, J. L. Rios, and R. M. Giner, “Shikonin promotes intestinal wound healing in vitro via induction of TGF-be ta release in IEC-18 cells,” European Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 637–641, 2013.
- Morteza Eskandani, and Hossein Nazemiyeh, “Self-reporter Shikonin-Act-Loaded Solid Lipid Nanoparticle: Formulation, Physicochemical Characterization and Geno/Cytotoxicity Evaluation,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014.
- Ying Yang, Jing Wang, Qiao Yang, Shanshan Wu, Zhenggang Yang, Haihong Zhu, Min Zheng, Weixia Liu, Wei Wu, and Jiliang He, “Shikonin inhibits the lipopolysaccharide-induced release of HMGB1 in RAW264 .7 cells via IFN and NF-kappa B signaling pathways,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 81–87, 2014.
- Yuanyuan Xu, Xuegang Xu, Xinghua Gao, Hongduo Chen, and Long Geng, “Shikonin suppresses IL-17-induced VEGF expression via blockage of JAK2/STAT3 pathway,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.