- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 271606, 15 pages
Beneficial Effect of Shikonin on Experimental Colitis Induced by Dextran Sulfate Sodium in Balb/C Mice
1Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultat de Farmàcia, Universitat de València, Burjassot, 46100 Valencia, Spain
2Departamento de Patologia, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de València, 46100 Valencia, Spain
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Cassandra L. Quave
Copyright © 2012 Isabel Andújar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Isabel Andujar, Jose Luis Rios, and Rosa Maria Giner, “Pharmacological Properties of Shikonin - A Review of Literature since 2002,” Planta Medica, vol. 79, no. 18, pp. 1685–1697, 2013.
- Marta Marin, Rosa Maria Giner, Jose-Luis Rios, and Maria Carmen Recio, “Intestinal anti-inflammatory activity of ellagic acid in the acute and chronic dextrane sulfate sodium models of mice colitis,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 150, no. 3, pp. 925–934, 2013.
- Marta Marin, Rosa Maria Giner, Jose-Luis Rios, and Maria del Carmen Recio, “Protective Effect of Apocynin in a Mouse Model of Chemically-Induced Colitis,” Planta Medica, vol. 79, no. 15, pp. 1392–1400, 2013.
- Ting Li, Fenggen Yan, Rui Wang, Hua Zhou, and Liang Liu, “Shikonin Suppresses Human T Lymphocyte Activation through Inhibition of IKKβ Activity and JNK Phosphorylation,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Xiao-Li Wu, Chu-Wen Li, Hai-Ming Chen, Zu-Qing Su, Xiao-Ning Zhao, Jian-Nan Chen, Xiao-Ping Lai, Xiao-Jun Zhang, and Zi-Ren Su, “Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Supercritical-Carbon Dioxide Fluid Extract from Flowers and Buds of Chrysanthemum indicum Linnén,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- I. Andujar, J. L. Rios, M. C. Recio, and R. M. Giner, “Shikonin promotes intestinal wound healing in vitro via induction of TGF-beta release in IEC-18 cells,” European Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 637–641, 2013.
- Liangchun Yang, Min Xie, Minghua Yang, Yan Yu, Shan Zhu, Wen Hou, Rui Kang, Michael T. Lotze, Timothy R. Billiar, Haichao Wang, Lizhi Cao, and Daolin Tang, “PKM2 regulates the Warburg effect and promotes HMGB1 release in sepsis,” Nature Communications, vol. 5, 2014.
- Morteza Eskandani, and Hossein Nazemiyeh, “Self-reporter Shikonin-Act-Loaded Solid Lipid Nanoparticle: Formulation, Physicochemical Characterization and Geno/Cytotoxicity Evaluation,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014.
- Ying Yang, Jing Wang, Qiao Yang, Shanshan Wu, Zhenggang Yang, Haihong Zhu, Min Zheng, Weixia Liu, Wei Wu, Jiliang He, and Zhi Chen, “Shikonin inhibits the lipopolysaccharide-induced release of HMGB1 in RAW264.7 cells via IFN and NF-kappa B signaling pathways,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 81–87, 2014.
- Yuanyuan Xu, Xuegang Xu, Xinghua Gao, Hongduo Chen, and Long Geng, “Shikonin suppresses IL-17-induced VEGF expression via blockage of JAK2/STAT3 pathway,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- Puneet Kaur Randhawa, Kavinder Singh, Nirmal Singh, and Amteshwar Singh Jaggi, “A Review on Chemical-Induced Inflammatory Bowel Disease Models in Rodents,” The Korean Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 279, 2014.