- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 284620, 6 pages
Repurposing of Yunnan Baiyao as an Alternative Therapy for Minor Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis
1Department of Oral Medicine, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Peking University, Beijing 100081, China
2Department of Periodontics & Oral Medicine, Beijing Stomatological Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100050, China
3Department of Oral Medicine, Tianjin Stomatological Hospital, Nankai University, Tianjin 300041, China
Received 7 August 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: R. Govindarajan
Copyright © 2012 Xiaosong Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Scully and S. Porter, “Oral mucosal disease: recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 198–206, 2008.
- C. Scully, “Aphthous ulceration,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 355, no. 2, pp. 165–172, 2006.
- C. Scully, M. Gorsky, and F. Lozada-Nur, “The diagnosis and management of recurrent aphthous stomatitis: a consensus approach,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 200–207, 2003.
- F. Femiano, A. Lanza, C. Buonaiuto et al., “Guidelines for diagnosis and management of aphthous stomatitis,” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 728–732, 2007.
- A. Altenburg, M. B. Abdel-naser, H. Seeber, M. Abdallah, and C. C. Zouboulis, “Practical aspects of management of recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1019–1026, 2007.
- D. Eisen, M. Carrozzo, J.-V. B. Sebastian, and K. Thongprasom, “Number V Oral lichen planus: clinical features and management,” Oral Diseases, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 338–349, 2005.
- C. Fan, J. Song, and C. M. White, “A comparison of the hemostatic effects of notoginseng and yunnan bai yao to placebo control,” Journal of Herbal Pharmacotherapy, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1–5, 2005.
- Z. L. Tang, X. Wang, B. Yi, Z. L. Li, C. Liang, and X. X. Wang, “Effects of the preoperative administration of yunnan baiyao capsules on intraoperative blood loss in bimaxillary orthognathic surgery: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 261–266, 2009.
- B. Kuang and Y. H. Xiong, “Treatment for recurrent aphthae,” Journal of Clinical Stomatology, Supplement 1, pp. 120–121, 2002.
- P. Coli, M. Jontell, and M. Hakeberg, “The effect of a dentifrice in the prevention of recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” Oral Health & Preventive Dentistry, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 133–141, 2004.
- S. Jurge, R. Kuffer, C. Scully, and S. R. Porter, “Number VI recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” Oral Diseases, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 2006.
- B. C. Aridogan, M. Yildirim, V. Baysal, H. S. Inaloz, K. Baz, and S. Kaya, “Serum levels of IL-4, IL-10, IL-12, IL-13 and IFN-gamma in Behçet's disease,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 602–607, 2003.
- A. Sun, J. T. Wang, J. S. Chia, and C. P. Chiang, “Levamisole can modulate the serum tumor necrosis factor-α level in patients with recurrent aphthous ulcerations,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 111–116, 2006.
- M. R. Bazrafshani, A. H. Hajeer, W. E. R. Ollier, and M. H. Thornhill, “Polymorphisms in the IL-10 and IL-12 gene cluster and risk of developing recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” Oral Diseases, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 287–291, 2003.
- R. Li, P. Alex, M. Ye, T. Zhang, L. Liu, and X. Li, “An old herbal medicine with a potentially new therapeutic application in inflammatory bowel disease,” International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 309–319, 2011.
- R. C. Borra, P. M. Andrade, I. D. C. G. Silva et al., “The Th1/Th2 immune-type response of the recurrent aphthous ulceration analyzed by cDNA microarray,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 140–146, 2004.
- S. S. Natah, R. Häyrinen-Immonen, J. Hietanen, M. Malmström, and Y. T. Konttinen, “Immunolocalization of tumor necrosis factor-α expressing cells in recurrent aphthous ulcer lesions (RAU),” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 19–25, 2000.
- S. S. Natah, R. Häyrinen-Immonen, J. Hietanen et al., “Increased density of lymphocytes bearing γ/δ T-cell receptors in recurrent aphthous ulceration (RAU),” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 375–380, 2000.
- “FDA Guidance for Industry. Estimating the maximum safe starting dose in initial clinical trials for therapeutics in adult healthy volunteers,” FDA/CDER, 2005.