- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 310872, 10 pages
MART-10, a New Generation of Vitamin D Analog, Is More Potent than 1α,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 in Inhibiting Cell Proliferation and Inducing Apoptosis in ER+ MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells
1General Surgery Department, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 222 Mai-Chin Road, Keelung 204, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei-Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
3General Surgery Department, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kwei-Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
4Institute of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, National Central University, Jhongli City, Taoyuan 32001, Taiwan
5Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, 2-11-1 Kaga, Itabashi, Tokyo 173-8605, Japan
6Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen-Hua 1st Road, Kwei-Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
7Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Received 28 September 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Martin Kohlmeier
Copyright © 2012 Kun-Chun Chiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kun-Chun Chiang, Chun-Nan Yeh, Jun-Te Hsu, Li-Wei Chen, Sheng-Fong Kuo, Chi-Chin Sun, Cheng-Cheng Huang, Jong-Hwei S. Pang, John N. Flanagan, Masashi Takano, Atsushi Kittaka, Horng-Heng Juang, Shih-Wei Yang, and Tai C. Chen, “MART-10, a novel vitamin D analog, inhibits head and neck squamous carcinoma cells growth through cell cycle arrest at G0/G1 with Upregulation of p21 and p27 and Downregulation of Telomerase,” The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2013.
- Kun-Chun Chiang, Chun-Nan Yeh, Jun-Te Hsu, Ta-sen Yeh, Yi-yin Jan, Chun-Te Wu, Huang-Yang Chen, Shyh-Chuan Jwo, Masashi Takano, Atsushi Kittaka, Horng-Heng Juang, and Tai C. Chen, “Evaluation of the potential therapeutic role of a new generation of vitamin D analog, MART-10, in human pancreatic cancer cells in vitro and in vivo,” Cell Cycle, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1316–1325, 2013.
- Meis Moukayed, “Molecular Link between Vitamin D and Cancer Prevention,” Nutrients, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 3993–4021, 2013.
- Kun-Chun Chiang, Chun-Nan Yeh, Jun-Te Hsu, Yi-Yin Jan, Li-Wei Chen, Sheng-Fong Kuo, Masashi Takano, Atsushi Kittaka, Tai C. Chen, Wen-Tsung Chen, Jong-Hwei S. Pang, Ta-Sen Yeh, and Horng-Heng Juang, “The vitamin D analog, MART-10, represses metastasis potential via downregulation of epithelial–mesenchymal transition in pancreatic cancer cells,” Cancer Letters, 2014.
- Beate C. Litzenburger, and Powel H. Brown, “Advances in Preventive Therapy for Estrogen-Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer,” Current Breast Cancer Reports, 2014.
- Kun-Chun Chiang, Shin-Cheh Chen, Chun-Nan Yeh, Jong-Hwei S. Pang, Shih-Che Shen, Jun-Te Hsu, Yu-Yin Liu, Li-Wei Chen, Sheng-Fong Kuo, Masashi Takano, Atsushi Kittaka, Chi-Chin Sun, Horng-Heng Juang, and Tai C. Chen, “MART-10, a less calcemic vitamin D analog, is more potent than 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-3 in inhibiting the metastatic potential of MCF-7 breast cancer cells in vitro,” Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 139, pp. 54–60, 2014.
- Kaori Yasuda, Atsushi Kittaka, Keiko Yamamoto, and Tai C. Chen, “CYP24A1 as a Potential Target for Cancer Therapy,” Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 97–108, 2014.