- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 320304, 15 pages
Suppression of Diet-Induced Hypercholesterolemia by Turtle Jelly, A Traditional Chinese Functional Food, in Rats
1State Key Laboratory of Chinese Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, 518057 Shenzhen, China
2Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
3Food Safety and Technology Research Centre, Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Received 28 April 2012; Revised 6 August 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editor: Y. Ohta
Copyright © 2012 Jian-Hong Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jian-Hong Wu, Qing-Hua Wang, Yuan-Lan Shu, Chun-Wai Wan, Chi-On Chan, Daniel Kam-Wah Mok, and Shun-Wan Chan, “Gui-ling-gao, a traditional Chinese functional food, prevents oxidative str ess-induced apoptosis in H9c2 cardiomyocytes,” Food & Function, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 745–753, 2013.
- Chun-Mei Li, Ri-Fu Yang, Zhen-Yu He, Xue-Lian Tian, Jian-Hong Wu, Xiao-Li Dong, De-Jian Guo, Man-Sau Wong, and Tai-Qiu Qiu, “Ligusticum chuanxiong Prevents Ovariectomy-Induced Liver and Vascular Damag e in Rats,” American Journal Of Chinese Medicine, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 831–848, 2013.
- Huan Zhang, Chang Li, Sin-Tung Kwok, Qing-Wen Zhang, and Shun-Wan Chan, “A Review of the Pharmacological Effects of the Dried Root of Polygonum cuspidatum (Hu Zhang) and Its Constituents,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Yanwen Wang, Xin Yi, Khadija Ghanam, Shuocheng Zhang, Tiantian Zhao, and Xuemei Zhu, “Berberine inhibits cholesterol absorption in rats through multi-mechanisms,” Metabolism, 2014.
- Tung-Ting Sham, Chi-On Chan, You-Hua Wang, Jian-Mei Yang, Daniel Kam-Wah Mok, and Shun-Wan Chan, “A Review on the Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herbs and Formulae with Hypolipidemic Effect,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–21, 2014.