- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 329171, 10 pages
Effects of Lipid Regulation Using Raw and Processed Radix Polygoni Multiflori in Rats Fed a High-Fat Diet
1Yunnan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Kunming, Yunnan 650500, China
2Medicine Division, Yunnan Baiyao Group Co. Ltd., China
Received 23 April 2012; Revised 2 August 2012; Accepted 3 August 2012
Academic Editor: Chang-Quan Ling
Copyright © 2012 Na Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Hübscher, “Histological assessment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease,” Histopathology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 450–465, 2006.
- P. O. Kwiterovich Jr, H. R. Sloan, and D. S. Fredrickson, “Glycolipids and other lipid constituents of normal human liver,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 322–330, 1970.
- L. S. Szczepaniak, P. Nurenberg, D. Leonard et al., “Magnetic resonance spectroscopy to measure hepatic triglyceride content: prevalence of hepatic steatosis in the general population,” American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 288, no. 2, pp. E462–E468, 2005.
- J. Guo, W. Bei, Y. Hu et al., “A new TCM formula FTZ lowers serum cholesterol by regulating HMG-CoA reductase and CYP7A1 in hyperlipidemic rats,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 299–307, 2011.
- J. Chen, H. Zhao, Y. Yang, B. Liu, J. Ni, and W. Wang, “Lipid-lowering and antioxidant activities of Jiang-Zhi-Ning in Traditional Chinese Medicine,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 919–930, 2011.
- Commission of Chinese Pharmacopoeia, Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China, China Medico-Pharmaceutical Science & Technology Publishing House, Beijing, China, 2010.
- J. Yu, J. Xie, X. J. Mao, et al., “Comparison of laxative and antioxidant activities of raw, processed and fermented Polygoni Multiflori Radix,” Chinese Journal of Natural Medicines, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 63–67, 2011.
- J. Yu, J. Xie, X. J. Mao, et al., “Hepatoxicity of major constituents and extractions of Radix Polygoni Multiflori and Radix Polygoni Multiflori Praeparata,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 1291–1299, 2011.
- M. J. Wang, R. H. Zhao, W. G. Wang, X. J. Mao, and J. Yu, “Lipid regulation effects of Polygoni Multiflori Radix, its processed products and its major substances on steatosis human liver cell line L02,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 287–293, 2012.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Guidance for Industry and Reviewers: Estimating the Safe Starting Dose in Clinical Trials for Therapeutics in Adult Healthy Volunteers, http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/02d-0492-gdl0001-vol1.pdf, 2002.
- S. Y. Xu, R. L. Bian, and X. Chen, Pharmacological Method, Publishing House of Public Health, Beijing, China, 3rd edition, 2006.
- H. C. Ni, J. Li, Y. Jin, H. M. Zang, and L. Peng, “The experimental animal model of hyperlipidemia and hyperlipidemic fatty liver in rats,” Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 703–706, 2004.