- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 350674, 9 pages
Quality of Life and Functional Health Status of Long-Term Meditators
1Discipline of Psychiatry, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St. Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
2Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Cumberland Campus, Lidcombe, NSW 2141, Australia
Received 9 October 2011; Revised 15 January 2012; Accepted 15 January 2012
Academic Editor: Guillermo Schmeda-Hirschmann
Copyright © 2012 Ramesh Manocha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P.A. Balaji, Smitha R Varne, and Syed Sadat Ali, “Physiological effects of yogic practices and transcendental meditation in health and disease,” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 442–448, 2012.
- Shirley Telles, and Nilkamal Singh, “Science of the Mind,” Psychiatric Clinics of North America, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 93–108, 2013.
- S. V. Pavlov, V. V. Korenyok, N. V. Reva, A. V. Tumyalis, K. V. Loktev, and L. I. Aftanas, “Effects of long-term meditation practice on attentional biases towards emotional faces: An eye-tracking study,” Cognition and Emotion, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Jeroen Dekervel, Daphne Hompes, Hannah van Malenstein, Dusan Popovic, Xavier Sagaert, Bart De Moor, Eric Van Cutsem, Andr E. D'Hoore, Chris Verslype, and Jos van Pelt, “Hypoxia-Driven Gene Expression Is an Independent Prognostic Factor in Stage II and III Colon Cancer Patients,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 2159–2168, 2014.
- N.V. Reva, S.V. Pavlov, K.V. Loktev, V.V. Korenyok, and L.I. Aftanas, “The influence of long term Sahaja Yoga meditation practice on emotional processing in the brain: an ERP study,” Neuroscience, 2014.
- Ichchha Madan, Nandor Gabor Than, Roberto Romero, Piya Chaemsaithong, Jezid Miranda, Adi L. Tarca, Gaurav Bhatti, Sorin Draghici, Lami Yeo, Moshe Mazor, Sonia S. Hassan, and Tinnakorn Chaiworapongsa, “The peripheral whole-blood transcriptome of acute pyelonephritis in human pregnancy,” Journal of Perinatal Medicine, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 31–53, 2014.
- Guru Deo, Itagi Ravi Kumar, T.M. Srinivasan, and Kuldeep Kumar Kushwah, “Changes in electrophotonic imaging parameters associated with long term meditators and naive meditators in older adults practicing meditation,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2015.
- N. V. Reva, S. V. Pavlov, V. V. Korenyok, K. V. Loktev, and L. I. Aftanas, “The Influence of Long Term Meditation Practice on Early Emotional Processing in the Brain: an ERP Study,” Zhurnal Vysshei Nervnoi Deyatelnosti Imeni I P Pavlova, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 306–312, 2015.
- Sergio E. Hernández, José Suero, Katya Rubia, and José L. González Mora, “ Monitoring the Neural Activity of the State of Mental Silence While Practicing Sahaja Yoga Meditation ,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 150211100442000, 2015.
- Marcelo AD Danucalov, Elisa H Kozasa, Rui F Afonso, José CF Galduroz, and José R Leite, “Yoga and compassion meditation program improve quality of life and self-compassion in family caregivers of Alzheimer's disease patients: A randomized controlled trial,” Geriatrics & Gerontology International, 2015.
- Tara Skipper, Analise O'Donovan, Elizabeth Conlon, and Bonnie Clough, “An examination of the factor structure of the Effects of Meditation scale,” Personality and Individual Differences, vol. 86, pp. 57–62, 2015.
- Sergei V. Pavlov, Natalia V. Reva, Konstantin V. Loktev, Vladimir V. Korenyok, and Lyubomir I. Aftanas, “Impact of long-term meditation practice on cardiovascular reactivity during perception and reappraisal of affective images,” International Journal of Psychophysiology, 2015.