- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 390957, 13 pages
Inhibition of Hypoxia Inducible Factor Alpha and Astrocyte-Elevated Gene-1 Mediates Cryptotanshinone Exerted Antitumor Activity in Hypoxic PC-3 Cells
1Cancer Preventive Material Development Research Center, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi-Dong, Dongdaemun-Gu, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
2BA/DDS Program, College of Arts and Science, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA
3Graduate School of East-West Medical Science, Kyung Hee University, Yongin 449-701, Republic of Korea
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Jang-Hern Lee
Copyright © 2012 Hyo-Jeong Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ji Hoon Jung, Tae-Rin Kwon, Soo-Jin Jeong, Eun-Ok Kim, Eun Jung Sohn, Miyong Yun, and Sung-Hoon Kim, “Apoptosis Induced by Tanshinone IIA and Cryptotanshinone Is Mediated by Distinct JAK/STAT3/5 and SHP1/2 Signaling in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia K562 Cells,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Yong Huang, and Le-Ping Li, “Progress of cancer research on astrocyte elevated gene-1/Metadherin (Review),” Oncology Letters, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 493–501, 2014.
- M. Akaberi, S. Mehri, and M. Iranshahi, “Multiple pro-apoptotic targets of abietane diterpenoids from Salvia species,” Fitoterapia, 2014.
- Hong-tao Song, Yu Qin, Guo-dong Yao, Zhen-nan Tian, Song-bin Fu, and Jing-shu Geng, “Astrocyte Elevated Gene-1 Mediates Glycolysis and Tumorigenesis in Colorectal Carcinoma Cells via AMPK Signaling,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Weidong Li, Shakir M. Saud, Matthew R. Young, Nancy H. Colburn, and Baojin Hua, “Cryptotanshinone, a Stat3 inhibitor, suppresses colorectal cancer proliferation and growth in vitro,” Molecular And Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 406, no. 1-2, pp. 63–73, 2015.
- Oh Sung Kwon, Myoung Seok Jeong, Bonglee Kim, and Sung-Hoon Kim, “ Antiangiogenic Effect of Ethanol Extract of Vigna angularis via Inhibition of Phosphorylation of VEGFR2, Erk, and Akt ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Wenhui Hao, Xuenong Zhang, Wenwen Zhao, Hong Zhu, Zhao-Yang Liu, Jinjian Lu, and Xiuping Chen, “Cryptotanshinone Induces Pro-death Autophagy through JNK Signaling Mediated by Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in Lung Cancer Cells,” Anti-Cancer Agents In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 593–600, 2016.