- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 404012, 9 pages
Gastroprotective Activity of Polygonum chinense Aqueous Leaf Extract on Ethanol-Induced Hemorrhagic Mucosal Lesions in Rats
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3Institute of Biological Science, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Cyberjaya University College of Medical Scinces, 6300 Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
5Faculty of Dentistry, Universiti Teknologi Mara, 40450 Shah Alam, Malaysia
Received 1 July 2012; Revised 3 November 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Virginia S. Martino
Copyright © 2012 Iza Farhana Ismail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rami Al Batran, Fouad Al-Bayaty, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, Mazen M Jamil Al-Obaidi, Maryam Hajrezaei, Pouya Hassandarvish, Mustafa Fouad, Shahram Golbabapour, and Samaneh Talaee, “ Gastroprotective effects of Corchorus olitorius leaf extract against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal hemorrhagic lesions in rats ,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1321–1329, 2013.
- Siddig Ibrahim Abdelwahab, “Protective mechanism of gallic acid and its novel derivative against ethanol-induced gastric ulcerogenesis: Involvement of immunomodulation markers, Hsp70 and Bcl-2-associated X protein,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 296–305, 2013.
- Jing-Yang Wong, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, Jegadeesh Raman, Chia-Wei Phan, Umah Rani Kuppusamy, Shahram Golbabapour, and Vikineswary Sabaratnam, “Gastroprotective Effects of Lion’s Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.:Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) Extract against Ethanol-Induced Ulcer in Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Shahram Golbabapour, Nura Suleiman Gwaram, Mazen M. Jamil Al-Obaidi, A. F. Soleimani, Hapipah Mohd Ali, and Nazia Abdul Majid, “Schiff Base Metal Derivatives Enhance the Expression of HSP70 and Suppress BAX Proteins in Prevention of Acute Gastric Lesion,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Shahram Golbabapour, Maryam Hajrezaie, Pouya Hassandarvish, Nazia Abdul Majid, A. Hamid A. Hadi, Noraziah Nordin, and Mahmood A. Abdulla, “Acute Toxicity and Gastroprotective Role of M. pruriens in Ethanol-Induced Gastric Mucosal Injuries in Rats,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.