- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 404012, 9 pages
Gastroprotective Activity of Polygonum chinense Aqueous Leaf Extract on Ethanol-Induced Hemorrhagic Mucosal Lesions in Rats
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3Institute of Biological Science, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Cyberjaya University College of Medical Scinces, 6300 Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
5Faculty of Dentistry, Universiti Teknologi Mara, 40450 Shah Alam, Malaysia
Received 1 July 2012; Revised 3 November 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Virginia S. Martino
Copyright © 2012 Iza Farhana Ismail et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shahram Golbabapour, Nura Suleiman Gwaram, Pouya Hassandarvish, Maryam Hajrezaie, Behnam Kamalidehghan, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, Hapipah Mohd Ali, A. Hamid A. Hadi, and Nazia Abdul Majid, “Gastroprotection Studies of Schiff Base Zinc (II) Derivative Complex against Acute Superficial Hemorrhagic Mucosal Lesions in Rats,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Rami Al Batran, Fouad Al-Bayaty, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, Mazen M Jamil Al-Obaidi, Maryam Hajrezaei, Pouya Hassandarvish, Mustafa Fouad, Shahram Golbabapour, and Samaneh Talaee, “ Gastroprotective effects of Corchorus olitorius leaf extract against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal hemorrhagic lesions in rats ,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1321–1329, 2013.
- Ying-Tan Shao, Jing Li, Ying Chen, Chun-Min Yang, Qin Fan, He-Lan Tang, Min Jia, Jian-Chang Wang, and Yi-Mei Xin, “Levels of MDA and SOD in acute gastric mucosal injury in rats exposed to positive acceleration,” World Chinese Journal of Digestology, vol. 21, no. 18, pp. 1733–1739, 2013.
- Siddig Ibrahim Abdelwahab, “Protective mechanism of gallic acid and its novel derivative against ethanol-induced gastric ulcerogenesis: Involvement of immunomodulation markers, Hsp70 and Bcl-2-associated X protein,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 296–305, 2013.
- Kamal A. Ketuly, A. Hamid A. Hadi, Shahram Golbabapour, Maryam Hajrezaie, Pouya Hassandarvish, Hapipah Mohd Ali, Nazia Abdul Majid, and Mahmood A. Abdulla, “Acute Toxicity and Gastroprotection Studies with a Newly Synthesized Steroi d,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Jose Roberto Santin, Isabel Daufenback Machado, Stephen F. P. Rodrigues, Simone Teixeira, Marcelo N. Muscara, Suely Lins Galdino, Ivan da Rocha Pitta, and Sandra H. P. Farsky, “Role of an Indole-Thiazolidine Molecule PPAR Pan-Agonist and COX Inhibitor on Inflammation and Microcirculatory Damage in Acute Gastric Lesions,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Jing-Yang Wong, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, Jegadeesh Raman, Chia-Wei Phan, Umah Rani Kuppusamy, Shahram Golbabapour, and Vikineswary Sabaratnam, “Gastroprotective Effects of Lion’s Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.:Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) Extract against Ethanol-Induced Ulcer in Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Shahram Golbabapour, Nura Suleiman Gwaram, Mazen M. Jamil Al-Obaidi, A. F. Soleimani, Hapipah Mohd Ali, and Nazia Abdul Majid, “Schiff Base Metal Derivatives Enhance the Expression of HSP70 and Suppress BAX Proteins in Prevention of Acute Gastric Lesion,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Shahram Golbabapour, Maryam Hajrezaie, Pouya Hassandarvish, Nazia Abdul Majid, A. Hamid A. Hadi, Noraziah Nordin, and Mahmood A. Abdulla, “Acute Toxicity and Gastroprotective Role of M. pruriens in Ethanol-Induced Gastric Mucosal Injuries in Rats,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Woo-Young Jeon, In-Sik Shin, Hyeun-Kyoo Shin, and Mee-Young Lee, “Gastroprotective effect of the traditional herbal medicine, Sipjeondaebo-tang water extract, against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Ariane Leite Rozza, Felipe Meira de Faria, Alba Regina Souza Brito, and Claudia Helena Pellizzon, “The Gastroprotective Effect of Menthol: Involvement of Anti-Apoptotic, Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Activities,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Nurhidayah Ab. Rahim, Pouya Hassandarvish, Shahram Golbabapour, Salmah Ismail, Saad Tayyab, and Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, “Gastroprotective Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Curcuma xanthorrhiza Leaf against Ethanol-Induced Gastric Mucosal Lesions in Sprague-Dawley Rats,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Jung-Woo Kang, Nari Yun, Hae-Jung Han, Jeom-Yong Kim, Joo-Young Kim, and Sun-Mee Lee, “ Protective Effect of Flos Lonicerae against Experimental Gastric Ulcers in Rats: Mechanisms of Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Action ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.