- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 408727, 9 pages
Iyengar Yoga for Distressed Women: A 3-Armed Randomized Controlled Trial
1Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Economics, Charité University Medical Centre, 10098 Berlin, Germany
2 Department of Internal and Complementary Medicine Immanuel Hospital Berlin, 14109 Berlin, Germany
3National Research Center in Complementary and Alternative Medicine, University of Tromsø, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
4Karl und Veronica Carstens-Foundation, 45276 Essen, Germany
5Department of Psychiatry, University of Salzburg, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
6Chair of Quality of Life, Spirituality and Coping, Center of Integrative Medicine, University Witten/Herdecke, 58313 Witten-Herdecke, Germany
7Chair of Integrative Medicine, University Duisburg-Essen, 45276 Essen, Germany
Received 25 May 2012; Revised 7 August 2012; Accepted 9 August 2012
Academic Editor: Shirley Telles
Copyright © 2012 Andreas Michalsen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gangadhar, Naveen, Rao, Thirthalli, and Varambally, “Positive antidepressant effects of generic yoga in depressive out-patients: A comparative study,” Indian Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. S369–S373, 2013.
- Maren Nyer, James Doorley, Kelley Durham, Albert S. Yeung, Marlene P. Freeman, and David Mischoulon, “What is the Role of Alternative Treatments in Late-life Depression?,” Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 2013.
- Monica Köhn, Ulla Persson Lundholm, Ing-Liss Bryngelsson, Agneta Anderzén-Carlsson, and Elisabeth Westerdahl, “Medical Yoga for Patients with Stress-Related Symptoms and Diagnoses in Primary Health Care: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- M. Teut, E. J. Roesner, M. Ortiz, F. Reese, S. Binting, S. Roll, H. F. Fischer, A. Michalsen, S. N. Willich, and B. Brinkhaus, “Mindful Walking in Psychologically Distressed Individuals: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Robert B. Saper, Ama R. Boah, Julia Keosaian, Christian Cerrada, Janice Weinberg, and Karen J. Sherman, “Comparing Once- versus Twice-Weekly Yoga Classes for Chronic Low Back Pain in Predominantly Low Income Minorities: A Randomized Dosing Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Christian Kessler, and Andreas Michalsen, “Science-Based Yoga - Stretching Mind, Body, and Soul,” Forschende Komplementarmedizin, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 176–178, 2013.
- Elena Heber, David Daniel Ebert, Dirk Lehr, Stephanie Nobis, Matthias Berking, and Heleen Riper, “Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a web-based and mobile stress-management intervention for employees: Design of a randomized controlled trial,” BMC Public Health, vol. 13, no. 1, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, and Gustav Dobos, “Characteristics of randomized controlled trials of yoga: a bibliometric analysis,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- David Daniel Ebert, Dirk Lehr, Filip Smit, Anna-Carlotta Zarski, Heleen Riper, Elena Heber, Pim Cuijpers, and Matthias Berking, “Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of minimal guided and unguided internet-based mobile supported stress-management in employees with occupational stress: a three-armed randomised controlled trial,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Lila Louie, “The Effectiveness of Yoga for Depression: A Critical Literature Review,” Issues in Mental Health Nursing, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 265–276, 2014.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Heidemarie Haller, Nico Steckhan, Andreas Michalsen, and Gustav Dobos, “Effects of yoga on cardiovascular disease risk factors: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Agneta Anderzen-Carlsson, Ulla Persson Lundholm, Monica Kohn, and Elisabeth Westerdahl, “Medical yoga: Another way of being in the world-A phenomenological study from the perspective of persons suffering from stress-related symptoms,” International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-Being, vol. 9, 2014.
- H. Cramer, L. Ward, R. Saper, D. Fishbein, G. Dobos, and R. Lauche, “The Safety of Yoga: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials,” American Journal of Epidemiology, 2015.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Heidemarie Haller, Gustav Dobos, and Andreas Michalsen, “A systematic review of yoga for heart disease,” European Journal Of Preventive Cardiology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 284–295, 2015.
- Robert B. Saper, Chelsey M. Lemaster, A. Rani Elwy, Ruth Paris, Patricia M. Herman, Dorothy N. Plumb, Karen J. Sherman, Erik J. Groessl, Susan Lynch, Shihwe Wang, and Janice Weinberg, “Yoga versus education for Veterans with chronic low back pain: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 17, no. 1, 2016.
- Dania Schumann, Dennis Anheyer, Romy Lauche, Gustav Dobos, Jost Langhorst, and Holger Cramer, “Effect of Yoga in the Therapy of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2016.
- Maxi Meissner, Marja H. Cantell, Ronald Steiner, and Xavier Sanchez, “Evaluating Emotional Well-Being after a Short-Term Traditional Yoga Practice Approach in Yoga Practitioners with an Existing Western-Type Yoga Practice,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2016, pp. 1–9, 2016.