- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 408727, 9 pages
Iyengar Yoga for Distressed Women: A 3-Armed Randomized Controlled Trial
1Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Economics, Charité University Medical Centre, 10098 Berlin, Germany
2 Department of Internal and Complementary Medicine Immanuel Hospital Berlin, 14109 Berlin, Germany
3National Research Center in Complementary and Alternative Medicine, University of Tromsø, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
4Karl und Veronica Carstens-Foundation, 45276 Essen, Germany
5Department of Psychiatry, University of Salzburg, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
6Chair of Quality of Life, Spirituality and Coping, Center of Integrative Medicine, University Witten/Herdecke, 58313 Witten-Herdecke, Germany
7Chair of Integrative Medicine, University Duisburg-Essen, 45276 Essen, Germany
Received 25 May 2012; Revised 7 August 2012; Accepted 9 August 2012
Academic Editor: Shirley Telles
Copyright © 2012 Andreas Michalsen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maren Nyer, James Doorley, Kelley Durham, Albert S. Yeung, Marlene P. Freeman, and David Mischoulon, “What is the Role of Alternative Treatments in Late-life Depression?,” Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 2013.
- Monica Köhn, Ulla Persson Lundholm, Ing-Liss Bryngelsson, Agneta Anderzén-Carlsson, and Elisabeth Westerdahl, “Medical Yoga for Patients with Stress-Related Symptoms and Diagnoses in Primary Health Care: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- M. Teut, E. J. Roesner, M. Ortiz, F. Reese, S. Binting, S. Roll, H. F. Fischer, A. Michalsen, S. N. Willich, and B. Brinkhaus, “Mindful Walking in Psychologically Distressed Individuals: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Robert B. Saper, Ama R. Boah, Julia Keosaian, Christian Cerrada, Janice Weinberg, and Karen J. Sherman, “Comparing Once- versus Twice-Weekly Yoga Classes for Chronic Low Back Pain in Predominantly Low Income Minorities: A Randomized Dosing Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Christian Kessler, “Science-Based Yoga - Stretching Mind, Body, and Soul,” Forschende Komplementarmedizin, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 176–178, 2013.