- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429103, 9 pages
Traditional Medicine in China, Korea, and Japan: A Brief Introduction and Comparison
1School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan 626-870, Republic of Korea
2Centre for Evidence-Based Chinese Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100-029, China
3Graduate School of Health Sciences, Morinomiya University of Medical Sciences, Osaka 559-0034, Japan
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 15 June 2012
Academic Editor: Myeong Soo Lee
Copyright © 2012 Hye-Lim Park et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- JaeChul Lee, Sang-Hyuk Kim, Youngseop Lee, Seonghwan Song, Yunyoung Kim, and Siwoo Lee, “The concept of Mibyeong (sub-health) in Korea: A Delphi study,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2013.
- Hyun-Ju Seo, Seung-Min Baek, Sul Gi Kim, Tae-Hun Kim, and Sun Mi Choi, “Prevalence of complementary and alternative medicine use in a community-based population in South Korea: A systematic review,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 260–271, 2013.
- Hyeun-Kyoo Shin, Soo-Jin Jeong, Myeong Soo Lee, and Edzard Ernst, “Adverse events attributed to traditional Korean medical practices: 1999–2010,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 91, no. 8, pp. 569–575, 2013.
- Seung-Min Baek, Sun Mi Choi, Hyun-Ju Seo, Sul Gi Kim, Ji-Hoon Jung, Minhee Lee, Jeong Hwan Park, Su Jeong Moon, and Sanghun Lee, “Use of complementary and alternative medicine by self- or non-institutional therapists in South Korea: a community-based survey,” Integrative Medicine Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2013.
- K. H. Kim, Y. R. Kim, S. H. Noh, K. W. Kang, J. K. Kim, G. Y. Yang, and B. R. Lee, “Use of acupuncture for pain management in an academic Korean medicine hospital: a retrospective review of electronic medical records,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 228–234, 2013.
- Hemant Kumar, Soo-Yeol Song, Sandeep Vasant More, Seong-Mook Kang, Byung-Wook Kim, In-Su Kim, and Dong-Kug Choi, “Traditional Korean East Asian Medicines and Herbal Formulations for Cognitive Impairment,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 14670–14693, 2013.
- S. Kim, H. S. Sagong, J. C. Kong, J.-Y. Choi, M. S. Lee, L. S. Wieland, E. Manheimer, and B.-C. Shin, “Randomised clinical trials on acupuncture in the Korean literature: bibliometric analysis and methodological quality,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 160–166, 2013.
- Kyungjin Lee, Geunyong Park, Inhye Ham, Gabsik Yang, Mihwa Lee, Youngmin Bu, Hocheol Kim, and Ho-Young Choi, “Vasorelaxant Effect of Osterici Radix Ethanol Extract on Rat Aortic Rings,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Guo-Shiou Liao, Maria Karmella Apaya, and Lie-Fen Shyur, “Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture for Breast Cancer Palliative Care and Adjuvant Therapy,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–17, 2013.
- Jie Wang, Bo Feng, Xiaochen Yang, Wei Liu, Yongmei Liu, Yun Zhang, Gui Yu, Shengjie Li, Yuqing Zhang, and Xingjiang Xiong, “Tianma Gouteng Yin as Adjunctive Treatment for Essential Hypertension: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Jie Wang, Bo Feng, and Xingjiang Xiong, “Chinese Herbal Medicine for the Treatment of Obesity-Related Hypertension,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Tzu-Ping Huang, Pi-Hua Liu, Angela Shin-Yu Lien, Shu-Ling Yang, Hen-Hong Chang, and Hung-Rong Yen, “A Nationwide Population-based Study of Traditional Chinese Medicine Usage in Children in Taiwan,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2014.
- Yihyun Kwon, “Chinese medicine education and its challenges in the United States,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 256–262, 2014.
- Hyun-Woo Cho, Eui-Hyoung Hwang, Byungmook Lim, Kwang-Ho Heo, Jian-Ping Liu, Kiichiro Tsutani, Myeong Soo Lee, and Byung-Cheul Shin, “How Current Clinical Practice Guidelines for Low Back Pain Reflect Traditional Medicine in East Asian Countries: A Systematic Review of Clinical Practice Guidelines and Systematic Reviews,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Hung-Rong Yen, Mao-Feng Sun, Cheng-Li Lin, Fung-Chang Sung, Chen-Chi Wang, and Kai-Li Liang, “Adjunctive traditional Chinese medicine therapy for patients with chronic rhinosinusitis: a population-based study,” International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology, 2014.
- Jiae Choi, Ji Hee Jun, Byoung Kab Kang, Kun Hyung Kim, and Myeong Soo Lee, “Endorsement for improving the quality of reports on randomized controlled trials of traditional medicine journals in Korea: a systematic review,” Trials, vol. 15, 2014.
- Chang-Kyu Kim, Da-Hee Kim, Myeong Soo Lee, Jong-In Kim, L. Susan Wieland, and Byung-Cheul Shin, “Randomized Controlled Trials on Complementary and Traditional Medicine in the Korean Literature,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Xiao-Yang Hu, Ava Lorenc, Kathi Kemper, Jian-Ping Liu, Jon Adams, and Nicola Robinson, “Defining integrative medicine in narrative and systematic reviews: A suggested checklist for reporting,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2015.
- Tian-Tian He, Carolina Oi Lam Ung, Hao Hu, and Yi-Tao Wang, “Good manufacturing practice (GMP) regulation of herbal medicine in comparative research: China GMP, cGMP, WHO-GMP, PIC/S and EU-GMP,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2015.