- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429412, 23 pages
Neural Acupuncture Unit: A New Concept for Interpreting Effects and Mechanisms of Acupuncture
1School of Chinese Medicine, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 10 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
2National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
3Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Science, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, London, UK
Received 24 September 2011; Revised 30 November 2011; Accepted 1 December 2011
Academic Editor: Toku Takahashi
Copyright © 2012 Zhang-Jin Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Thomas Lundeberg, Iréne Lund, and Jan Näslund, “The needling sensation: A factor contributing to the specific effects of acupuncture?,” Acupuncture and Related Therapies, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 2–4, 2012.
- Kwokming James Cheng, “Neurobiological Mechanisms of Acupuncture for Some Common Illnesses: A Clinician's Perspective,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2013.
- Y. Huang, J.-Q. Chen, X.-S. Lai, C.-Z. Tang, J.-J. Yang, H. Chen, J.-X. Wu, H.-L. Xiao, S.-S. Qu, Y.-D. Zhang, and Z.-J. Zhang, “Lateralisation of cerebral response to active acupuncture in patients with unilateral ischaemic stroke: an fMRI study,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 290–296, 2013.
- Shan-Shan Qu, Yong Huang, Zhang-Jin Zhang, Jun-Qi Chen, Ren-Yong Lin, Chong-Qi Wang, Gan-Long Li, Hei Kiu Wong, Cang-Huan Zhao, Ji-Yang Pan, Shen-Chang Guo, and Yan-Chi Zhang, “A 6-week randomized controlled trial with 4-week follow-up of acupuncture combined with paroxetine in patients with major depressive disorder,” Journal of Psychiatric Research, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 726–732, 2013.
- T. Lundeberg, “To be or not to be: the needling sensation (de qi) in acupuncture,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 129–131, 2013.
- Thomas Lundeberg, “Acupuncture mechanisms in tissue healing: contribution of NO and CGRP,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 7–8, 2013.
- Kenichi Kimura, Hayato Takeuchi, Kuniko Yuri, and Ikuro Wakayama, “Effects of nitric oxide synthase inhibition on cutaneous vasodilation in response to acupuncture stimulation in humans,” Acupuncture In Medicine, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 74–80, 2013.
- T. Zhou, J. Wang, C.-X. Han, I. Torao, and Y. Guo, “Analysis of interspike interval of dorsal horn neurons evoked by different needle manipulations at ST36,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2013.
- Bertrand Y. K. Loyeung, and Deirdre M. Cobbin, “Investigating the Effects of Three Needling Parameters (Manipulation, Retention Time, and Insertion Site) on Needling Sensation and Pain Profiles: A Study of Eight Deep Needling Interventions,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Xiaoling Wang, Jiliang Fang, Qing Zhao, Yangyang Fan, Jun Liu, Yang Hong, Honghong Wang, Yunyao Ma, Chunhua Xu, Shan Shi, Jian Kong, and Peijing Rong, “Deqi Sensations of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation on Auricular Points,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- Guangjun Wang, Yuying Tian, Shuyong Jia, Wenting Zhou, and Weibo Zhang, “Pilot Study of Acupuncture Point Laterality: Evidence from Heart Rate Variability,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
- Xiaoling Wang, Suk-Tak Chan, Jiliang Fang, Erika E. Nixon, Jing Liu, Kenneth K. Kwong, Bruce R. Rosen, and Kathleen K. S. Hui, “Neural Encoding of Acupuncture Needling Sensations: Evidence from a fMRI Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Giovanna Franconi, Luigi Manni, Sven Schröder, Paolo Marchetti, and Nicola Robinson, “A Systematic Review of Experimental and Clinical Acupuncture in Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Jingjing Cui, Lijuan Ha, Xinlong Zhu, Fuchun Wang, Xianghong Jing, and Wanzhu Bai, “Specificity of Sensory and Motor Neurons Associated with BL40 and GB30 in the Rat: A Dual Fluorescent Labeling Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Stephen Birch, and Terje Alraek, “Traditional East Asian medicine: How to understand and approach diagnostic findings and patterns in a modern scientific framework?,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 336–340, 2014.
- Li-Wei Chien, Fu-Chun Chen, Hsing-Yi Hu, and Chi-Feng Liu, “Correlation of Electrical Conductance in Meridian and Autonomic Nervous Activity After Auricular Acupressure in Middle-Aged Women,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 140527124841008, 2014.
- Raphael J. Hochstrasser, P. Christian Endler, and Sabine D. Klein, “Perception of Therapeutic Qi, a Nonmechanical, Nonpsychological Factor in Acupuncture That Originates from the Therapist,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2014.
- Guangjun Wang, Yuying Tian, Shuyong Jia, Wenting Zhou, and Weibo Zhang, “Acupuncture Regulates the Heart Rate Variability,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2014.
- Wang Guangjun, Tian Yuying, Jia Shuyong, Zhou Wenting, and Zhang Weibo, “Bilateral Hegu Acupoints Have the Same Effect on the Heart Rate Variability of the Healthy Subjects,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Albino Villegas-Bastida, Rafael Torres-Rosas, Lourdes Andrea Arriaga-Pizano, Javier Flores-Estrada, Altamirano Gustavo-Acosta, and Mario Adan Moreno-Eutimio, “Electrical Stimulation at the ST36 Acupoint Protects against Sepsis Lethality and Reduces Serum TNF Levels through Vagus Nerve- and Catecholamine-Dependent Mechanisms,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Xiao-Min Wang, Brian Walitt, Leorey Saligan, Agnes FY Tiwari, Chi Wai Cheung, and Zhang-Jin Zhang, “Chemobrain: A critical review and causal hypothesis of link between cytokines and epigenetic reprogramming associated with chemotherapy,” Cytokine, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 86–96, 2015.
- Kwan Leung Chia, “Symptomatic Tarlov cyst and electroacupuncture: more studies required,” Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 58–60, 2015.