- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452313, 7 pages
Antidiabetic Effects of Add-On Gynostemma pentaphyllum Extract Therapy with Sulfonylureas in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
1Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute,17176 Stockholm, Sweden
2Hanoi Medical University, 1000 Hanoi, Vietnam
3National Institute of Gerontology, 1000 Hanoi, Vietnam
4Department of Material Medica, Hanoi College of Pharmacy, 1000 Hanoi, Vietnam
5Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Received 9 April 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editor: Benny Tan Kwong Huat
Copyright © 2012 V. T. T. Huyen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Miao Wang, Fei Wang, Yinan Wang, Xiaonan Ma, Min Zhao, and Chunjie Zhao, “Metabonomics Study of the Therapeutic Mechanism of Gynostemma pentaphyllum and Atorvastatin for Hyperlipidemia in Rats,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Faradianna E. Lokman, Harvest F. Gu, Wan Nazaimoon Wan Mohamud, Mashitah M. Yusoff, Keh Leong Chia, and Claes-Göran Östenson, “Antidiabetic Effect of Oral Borapetol B Compound, Isolated from the Plant Tinospora crispa, by Stimulating Insulin Release,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- V. T. T. Huyen, D. V. Phan, P. Thang, N. K. Hoa, and C. G. Östenson, “Gynostemma pentaphyllum Tea Improves Insulin Sensitivity in Type 2 Diabetic Patients,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.