- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498467, 10 pages
It Is Not Just Folklore: The Aqueous Extract of Mung Bean Coat Is Protective against Sepsis
1Laboratory of Emergency Medicine, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
2Department of Emergency Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, The Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at the Hofstra University, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 2 September 2012
Academic Editor: Andreas Sandner-Kiesling
Copyright © 2012 Shu Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Wei Li, Jianhua Li, Andrew E. Sama, and Haichao Wang, “Carbenoxolone Blocks Endotoxin-Induced Protein Kinase R (PKR) Activation and High Mobility Group Box 1 (HMGB1) Release,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 19, pp. 203–211, 2013.
- Ruochan Chen, Wen Hou, Qiuhong Zhang, Rui Kang, and Xue-Gong Fan, “Emerging Role of High-Mobility Group Box 1 (HMGB1) in Liver Diseases,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 19, pp. 367–376, 2013.
- Mohamad Kanaan, Nesreen Ghaddar, Kamel Ghali, and Georges Araj, “New airborne pathogen transport model for upper-room UVGI spaces conditioned by chilled ceiling and mixed displacement ventilation: Enhancing air quality and energy performance,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 85, pp. 50–61, 2014.
- Andreas Rickenbacher, Jae Hwi Jang, Perparim Limani, Udo Ungethüm, Kuno Lehmann, Christian E. Oberkofler, Achim Weber, Rolf Graf, Bostjan Humar, and Pierre-Alain Clavien, “Fasting protects liver from ischemic injury through Sirt1-mediated downregulation of circulating HMGB1 in mice,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 301–308, 2014.
- Rui Kang, Ruochan Chen, Qiuhong Zhang, Wen Hou, Sha Wu, Lizhi Cao, Jin Huang, Yan Yu, Xue-gong Fan, Zhengwen Yan, Xiaofang Sun, Haichao Wang, Qingde Wang, Allan Tsung, Timothy R. Billiar, Herbert J. Zeh, Michael T. Lotze, and Daolin Tang, “HMGB1 in Health and Disease,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, 2014.
- Ben Lu, Ce Wang, Mao Wang, Wei Li, Fangping Chen, Kevin J. Tracey, and Haichao Wang, “Molecular mechanism and therapeutic modulation of high mobility group box 1 release and action: an updated review,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 713–727, 2014.
- Tong Zhang, Yuan-Jun Song, Xiao-Yang Zhang, and Jing-Yuan Wu, “Synthesis of Silver Nanostructures by Multistep Methods,” Sensors, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 5860–5889, 2014.
- Dongyan Tang, Yinmao Dong, Hankun Ren, Li Li, and Congfen He, “A review of phytochemistry, metabolite changes, and medicinal uses of the common food mung bean and its sprouts (Vigna radiata),” Chemistry Central Journal, vol. 8, 2014.
- Haichao Wang, Mary F Ward, and Andrew E Sama, “Targeting HMGB1 in the treatment of sepsis,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Shiping Zhu, Liyun Li, Juqiang Chen, and Kamel Belloulata, “An automatic region-based video sequence codec based on fractal compression,” Aeu-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 795–805, 2014.
- Norlaily Mohd Ali, Hamidah Mohd Yusof, Swee-Keong Yeap, Wan-Yong Ho, Boon-Kee Beh, Kamariah Long, Soo-Peng Koh, Mohd Puad Abdullah, and Noorjahan Banu Alitheen, “Anti-Inflammatory and Antinociceptive Activities of Untreated, Germinated, and Fermented Mung Bean Aqueous Extract,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.