- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498467, 10 pages
It Is Not Just Folklore: The Aqueous Extract of Mung Bean Coat Is Protective against Sepsis
1Laboratory of Emergency Medicine, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
2Department of Emergency Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, The Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at the Hofstra University, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 2 September 2012
Academic Editor: Andreas Sandner-Kiesling
Copyright © 2012 Shu Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Wei Li, Jianhua Li, and Andrew E. Sama, “Carbenoxolone Blocks Endotoxin-Induced Protein Kinase R (PKR) Activation an d High Mobility Group Box 1 (HMGB1) Release,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 19, pp. 203–211, 2013.
- Ruochan Chen, Wen Hou, Qiuhong Zhang, Rui Kang, and Xue-Gong Fan, “Emerging Role of High-Mobility Group Box 1 (HMGB1) in Liver Diseases,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 19, pp. 367–376, 2013.
- Andreas Rickenbacher, Jae Hwi Jang, Perparim Limani, Udo Ungethüm, Kuno Lehmann, Christian E. Oberkofler, Achim Weber, Rolf Graf, Bostjan Humar, and Pierre-Alain Clavien, “Fasting protects liver from ischemic injury through Sirt1-mediated downregulation of circulating HMGB1 in mice,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 301–308, 2014.
- Rui Kang, Ruochan Chen, Qiuhong Zhang, Wen Hou, Sha Wu, Lizhi Cao, Jin Huang, Yan Yu, Xue-gong Fan, Zhengwen Yan, Xiaofang Sun, Haichao Wang, Qingde Wang, Allan Tsung, Timothy R. Billiar, Herbert J. Zeh, Michael T. Lotze, and Daolin Tang, “HMGB1 in Health and Disease,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, 2014.
- Yinmao Dong, Hankun Ren, Li Li, and Congfen He, “A review of phytochemistry, metabolite changes, and medicinal uses of the c ommon food mung bean and its sprouts (Vigna radiata),” Chemistry Central Journal, vol. 8, 2014.
- Haichao Wang, Mary F Ward, and Andrew E Sama, “Targeting HMGB1 in the treatment of sepsis,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–12, 2014.