- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 516870, 10 pages
Preventive and Protective Properties of Zingiber officinale (Ginger) in Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetic Complications, and Associated Lipid and Other Metabolic Disorders: A Brief Review
Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Received 16 August 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: I-Min Liu
Copyright © 2012 Yiming Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Cicero L. T. Chang, Yenshou Lin, Arlene P. Bartolome, Yi-Ching Chen, Shao-Chih Chiu, and Wen-Chin Yang, “Herbal Therapies for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Chemistry, Biology, and Potential Application of Selected Plants and Compounds,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–33, 2013.
- Mohsen Salimifar, Zahra Fatehi-Hassanabad, and Mohammad Fatehi, “A review on natural products for controlling type 2 diabetes with an emphasis on their mechanisms of actions,” Current Diabetes Reviews, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 402–411, 2013.
- Gehan El-Akabawy, and Wael El-Kholy, “Neuroprotective Effect of Ginger in the Brain of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats,” Annals of Anatomy - Anatomischer Anzeiger, 2014.