- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 531096, 5 pages
Building a Strategic Framework for Comparative Effectiveness Research in Complementary and Integrative Medicine
1Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Economics, Charité University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
2Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
3Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
4Quintiles Outcome, Durham, NC, USA
5Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
6Primary Care and Population Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
7Center for Health Economics and Science Policy, BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
8Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
9Marino Center for Integrative Health, Cambridge, MA, USA
10The Institute for Integrative Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
11Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA
12Center for Medical Technology Policy, Baltimore, MD, USA
Received 9 November 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Andreas Sandner-Kiesling
Copyright © 2012 Claudia M. Witt et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jennifer Hunter, “Exploring the prospect of a complementary and integrative medicine database for use in the Australian primary care setting,” Advances in Integrative Medicine, 2013.
- Deborah R. Simkin, and Charles W. Popper, “Overview of Integrative Medicine in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry,” Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 375–380, 2013.
- Claudia M. Witt, “Clinical research on traditional drugs and food items—the potential of comparative effectiveness research for interdisciplinary research,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 254–258, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Lorenzo Cohen, Gustav Dobos, and Claudia M. Witt, “Integrative Oncology: Best of Both Worlds-Theoretical, Practical, and Research Issues,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
- Richard Hammerschlag, Benjamin L Marx, and Mikel Aickin, “Nontouch Biofield Therapy: A Systematic Review of Human Randomized Controlled Trials Reporting Use of Only Nonphysical Contact Treatment,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 140902062240007, 2014.
- Thomas Rutledge, Sanford Nidich, Robert Schneider, Paul J. Mills, John Salerno, Pia Heppner, Mayra A. Gomez, Carolyn Gaylord-King, and Maxwell Rainforth, “Design and Rationale of a Comparative Effectiveness Trial Evaluating Transcendental Meditation against Established Therapies for PTSD,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, 2014.
- Susanne Bloedt, Daniel Pach, Stephanie Roll, and Claudia M. Witt, “Effectiveness of app-based relaxation for patients with chronic low back pain (Relaxback) and chronic neck pain (Relaxneck): study protocol for two ra,” Trials, vol. 15, 2014.
- Suzanne J. Grant, Jane Frawley, and Alan Bensoussan, “Process of care in outpatient Integrative healthcare facilities: a systematic review of clinical trials,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Martha Brown Menard, John Weeks, Belinda Anderson, William Meeker, Carlo Calabrese, David O'Bryon, and Greg D. Cramer, “Consensus Recommendations to NCCIH from Research Faculty in a Transdisciplinary Academic Consortium for Complementary and Integrative Health and Medic,” Journal Of Alternative And Complementary Medicine, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 386–394, 2015.
- Elizabeth Soliday, Stefani Mammenga, Wendy Bradshaw, and Karen Higgins, “Engaging Practitioners in Advancing Research on Acupuncture in Pregnancy,” Journal Of Alternative And Complementary Medicine, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 707–712, 2015.
- Lori Frank, Laura Forsythe, Lauren Ellis, Suzanne Schrandt, Sue Sheridan, Jason Gerson, Kristen Konopka, and Sarah Daugherty, “Conceptual and practical foundations of patient engagement in research at the patient-centered outcomes research institute,” Quality of Life Research, 2015.
- Mark Bovey, “Acupuncture for osteoarthritis in the UK: A turning point for NICE?,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2016.