- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 570948, 12 pages
Treatment with Ginger Ameliorates Fructose-Induced Fatty Liver and Hypertriglyceridemia in Rats: Modulation of the Hepatic Carbohydrate Response Element-Binding Protein-Mediated Pathway
1Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
2Pharmafood Institute, Kyoto 602-8136, Japan
3Endocrinology and Metabolism Group, Sydney Institute of Health Sciences, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Received 7 August 2012; Revised 1 October 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editor: Mohd Roslan Sulaiman
Copyright © 2012 Huanqing Gao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Chun-Ting Liu, Rajasekaran Raghu, Shu-Hsi Lin, San-Yuan Wang, Ching-Hua Kuo, and Yufeng J. Tseng, “Metabolomics of Ginger Essential Oil against Alcoholic Fatty Liver in Mice,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 61, no. 46, pp. 11231–11240, 2013.
- Lei Liu, Ming Yang, Xuemei Lin, Ying Li, Changjin Liu, Yifan Yang, Johji Yamahara, Jianwei Wang, and Yuhao Li, “Modulation of hepatic sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c-mediated gene expression contributes to Salacia oblonga root-elicited improvement of fructose-induced fatty liver in rats,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2013.
- Changjin Liu, Ying Li, Guowei Zuo, Wenchun Xu, Huanqing Gao, Yifan Yang, Johji Yamahara, Jianwei Wang, and Yuhao Li, “Oleanolic Acid Diminishes Liquid Fructose-Induced Fatty Liver in Rats: Role of Modulation of Hepatic Sterol Regulatory Element-Binding Protein-1c-Mediated Expression of Genes Responsible for De Novo Fatty Acid Synthesis,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Jianwei Wang, Huanqing Gao, Dazhi Ke, Guowei Zuo, Yifan Yang, Johji Yamahara, and Yuhao Li, “Improvement of Liquid Fructose-Induced Adipose Tissue Insulin Resistance by Ginger Treatment in Rats Is Associated with Suppression of Adipose Macrophage-Related Proinflammatory Cytokines,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Ying Li, Jianwei Wang, Tieguang Gu, Johji Yamahara, and Yuhao Li, “Oleanolic acid supplement attenuates liquid fructose-induced adipose tissue insulin resistance through the insulin receptor substrate-1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway in rats,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2014.
- Ravirajsinh Jadeja, Ranjitsinh V. Devkar, and Srinivas Nammi, “Herbal Medicines for the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis: Current Scenario and Future Prospects,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–18, 2014.