- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 580736, 11 pages
Retinoic Acid Induces Apoptosis of Prostate Cancer DU145 Cells through Cdk5 Overactivation
1Department of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
2Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan
3Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
4Department of Education and Research, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung 40705, Taiwan
5Department of Urology, Chang Bing Show Chwan Memorial Hospital, Changhua 50544, Taiwan
6Agricultural Biotechnology Center, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
7Graduate Institute of Rehabilitation Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
8Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Received 21 August 2012; Revised 9 November 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Chun-Tao Che
Copyright © 2012 Mei-Chih Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Pao-Hsuan Huang, Chih-Yang Huang, Mei-Chih Chen, Yueh-Tsung Lee, Chia-Herng Yue, Hsin-Yi Wang, and Ho Lin, “Emodin and Aloe-Emodin Suppress Breast Cancer Cell Proliferation through ERα Inhibition,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Eduarda Schultze, Aline Ourique, Virginia Campello Yurgel, Karine Rech Begnini, Helena Thurow, Priscila Marques Moura de Leon, Vinicius Farias Campos, Odir Antonio Dellagostin, Silvia R. Guterres, Adriana R. Pohlmann, Fabiana Koemmling Seixas, Ruy Carlos Ruver Beck, and Tiago Collares, “Encapsulation in lipid-core nanocapsules overcomes lung cancer cell resistance to tretinoin,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 55–63, 2014.
- Mei-Chih Chen, Shih-Lan Hsu, Ho Lin, and Tsung-Ying Yang, “Retinoic acid and cancer treatment,” BioMedicine, vol. 4, no. 4, 2014.
- Eugene Lin, Mei-Chih Chen, Chih-Yang Huang, Shih-Lan Hsu, William J. Huang, Mao-Sheng Lin, Jungle Chi-Hsiang Wu, and Ho Lin, “All-Trans Retinoic Acid Induces DU145 Cell Cycle Arrest through Cdk5 Activation,” Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1620–1630, 2014.
- Barbora Brodská, Petra Otevřelová, and Aleš Holoubek, “Decitabine and SAHA-Induced Apoptosis Is Accompanied by Survivin Downregulation and Potentiated by ATRA in p53-Deficient Cells,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- Julia Lindqvist, Susumu Y. Imanishi, Elin Torvaldson, Marjo Malinen, Mika Remes, Fanny Orn, Jorma J. Palvimo, and John E. Eriksson, “Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 acts as a critical determinant of AKT-dependent proliferation and regulates differential gene expression by the androgen rec,” Molecular Biology Of The Cell, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1971–1984, 2015.
- Xiaodong Mu, Stuti Patel, Damel Mektepbayeva, Adel Mahjoub, Johnny Huard, and Kurt Weiss, “Retinal Targets ALDH Positive Cancer Stem Cell and Alters the Phenotype of Highly Metastatic Osteosarcoma Cells,” Sarcoma, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.