- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 595292, 11 pages
Terminalia catappa Exerts Antimetastatic Effects on Hepatocellular Carcinoma through Transcriptional Inhibition of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 by Modulating NF-κB and AP-1 Activity
1School of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
2Department of Emergency Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
3Department of Emergency Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
4School of Medical Laboratory and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
5Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
6Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
7Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
8School of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
9Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
10Department of Medical Research, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, 110 Chien-Kuo N. Road, Section 1, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Received 4 July 2012; Accepted 16 August 2012
Academic Editor: Seung-Heon Hong
Copyright © 2012 Chao-Bin Yeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xianyu Li, Jing Jiang, Xinyuan Zhao, Jifeng Wang, Huanhuan Han, Yan Zhao, Bo Peng, Rugang Zhong, Wantao Ying, and Xiaohong Qian, “N-glycoproteome Analysis of the Secretome of Human Metastatic Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cell Lines Combining Hydrazide Chemistry, HILIC Enrichment and Mass Spectrometry,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Jen-Jie Lin, Jui-Hsin Su, Chi-Chu Tsai, Yi-Jen Chen, Ming-Hui Liao, and Yu-Jen Wu, “11-epi-Sinulariolide Acetate Reduces Cell Migration and Invasion of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Reducing the Activation of ERK1/2, p38MAPK and FAK/PI3K/AKT/mTOR Signaling Pathways,” Marine Drugs, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4783–4798, 2014.
- Weiwei Liu, Chuanming Xu, Huifang Wan, Chunju Liu, Can Wen, Hongfei Lu, and Fusheng Wan, “MicroRNA-206 overexpression promotes apoptosis, induces cell cycle arrest and inhibits the migration of human hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 420–428, 2014.
- Chao-Bin Yeh, Yung-Luen Yu, Chiao-Wen Lin, Hui-Ling Chiou, Ming-Ju Hsieh, and Shun-Fa Yang, “Terminalia catappa attenuates urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression through Erk pathways in Hepatocellular carcinoma,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Wen Li, Min Wang, Lingyun Wang, Shusheng Ji, Junyong Zhang, and Chunqing Zhang, “Icariin Synergizes with Arsenic Trioxide to Suppress Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 427–436, 2014.
- Laísa Pinheiro Silva, Célio Damacena de Angelis, Flavia Bonamin, Hélio Kushima, Francisco José Mininel, Lourdes Campaner dos Santos, Flavia Karina Delella, Sergio Luis Felisbino, Wagner Vilegas, Lucia Regina Machado da Rocha, Matheus Aparecido dos Santos Ramos, Tais Maria Bauab, Walber Toma, and Clelia Akiko Hiruma-Lima, “Terminalia catappa L.: A medicinal plant from the Caribbean pharmacopeia with anti-Helicobacter pylori and antiulcer action in experimental rodent models,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2014.
- Francisco José Mininel, Carlos Sérgio Leonardo Junior, Lívia Greghi Espanha, Flávia Aparecida Resende, Eliana Aparecida Varanda, Clarice Queico Fujimura Leite, Wagner Vilegas, and Lourdes Campaner dos Santos, “Characterization and Quantification of Compounds in the Hydroalcoholic Extract of the Leaves from Terminalia catappa Linn. (Combretaceae) and Their Mutagenic Activity,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Bin Sun, and Min Xu, “Matrine inhibits the migratory and invasive properties of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 4158–4164, 2015.
- Chao-Bin Yeh, Ming-Ju Hsieh, Yih-Shou Hsieh, Ming-Hsien Chien, Pen-Yuan Lin, Hui-Ling Chiou, and Shun-Fa Yang, “ Corrigendum to “ Terminalia catappa Exerts Antimetastatic Effects on Hepatocellular Carcinoma through Transcriptional Inhibition of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 by Modulating NF- κ B and AP-1 Activity” ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–2, 2015.
- Ming-Ju Hsieh, Chao-Bin Yeh, Hui-Ling Chiou, Ming-Chang Hsieh, and Shun-Fa Yang, “ Dioscorea nipponica Attenuates Migration and Invasion by Inhibition of Urokinase-Type Plasminogen Activator through Involving PI3K/Akt and Transcriptional Inhibition of NF-κB and SP-1 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma ,” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 44, no. 01, pp. 177–195, 2016.