- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 606424, 10 pages
Effects of 12-Week Bacopa monnieri Consumption on Attention, Cognitive Processing, Working Memory, and Functions of Both Cholinergic and Monoaminergic Systems in Healthy Elderly Volunteers
1Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Graduate School, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
2Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
3Integrative Complimentary Alternative Medicine Research and Development Group, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
4Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
5Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok 65000, Thailand
Received 14 June 2012; Revised 20 September 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Alfredo Vannacci
Copyright © 2012 Tatimah Peth-Nui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xoan Thi Le, Hang Thi Nguyet Pham, Phuong Thi Do, Hironori Fujiwara, Ken Tanaka, Feng Li, Tai Nguyen, Khoi Minh Nguyen, and Kinzo Matsumoto, “Bacopa monnieri Ameliorates Memory Deficits in Olfactory Bulbectomized Mice: Possible Involvement of Glutamatergic and Cholinergic Systems,” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Chuenjid Kongkeaw, Piyameth Dilokthornsakul, Phurit Thanarangsarit, Nanteetip Limpeanchob, and C. Norman Scholfield, “Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2013.
- Yuhong Zhao, Kaihua Guo, Dongpei Li, Qunfang Yuan, and Zhibin Yao, “Special function of nestin(+) neurons in the medial septum-diagonal band of Broca in adult rats,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 308–317, 2014.
- Maciej Lojewski, Bozena Muszynska, Agata Smalec, Witold Reczynski, Wlodzimierz Opoka, and Katarzyna Sulkowska-Ziaja, “Development of Optimal Medium Content for Bioelements Accumulation in Bacopa monnieri (L.) In Vitro Culture,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 174, no. 4, pp. 1535–1547, 2014.
- Ananya Sadhu, Prabhat Upadhyay, Praveen K. Singh, Aruna Agrawal, Kaliappan Ilango, Dipankar Karmakar, Gur Prit Inder Singh, and Govind Prasad Dubey, “Quantitative analysis of heavy metals in medicinal plants collected from environmentally diverse locations in India for use in a novel phytopharmaceutical product,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 187, no. 8, 2015.
- Abhijit Dey, and Jitendra Nath De, “Neuroprotective therapeutics from botanicals and phytochemicals against Huntington's disease and related neurodegenerative disorders,” Journal of Herbal Medicine, 2015.
- Rakesh Rai, Hemant K. Singh, and S. Prasad, “ A Special Extract of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI-08) Restores Learning and Memory by Upregulating Expression of the NMDA Receptor Subunit GluN2B in the Brain of Scopolamine-Induced Amnesic Mice ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–13, 2015.