- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 620384, 9 pages
Inhibitory Activities of Zygophyllum album: A Natural Weight-Lowering Plant on Key Enzymes in High-Fat Diet-Fed Rats
1Laboratory of Animal Ecophysiology, Faculty of Sciences of Sfax, University of Sfax, P.O. Box 95, Sfax 3000, Tunisia
2Laboratory of Chemistry of Natural Products, Faculty of Sciences of Sfax, B.P. 1171, Sfax 3000, Tunisia
3Biotechnology High School of Sfax (ISBS), University of Sfax, P.O. Box 261, Sfax 3052, Tunisia
4Hematological and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory, Hospital of Sidi Bouzid, Sidi Bouzid 9100, Tunisia
Received 13 May 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: David Mischoulon
Copyright © 2012 Kais Mnafgui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kais Mnafgui, Fatima Kaanich, Amal Derbali, Khaled Hamden, Fatma Derbali, Sadok Slama, Noureddine Allouche, and Abdelfattah Elfeki, “Inhibition of key enzymes related to diabetes and hypertension by Eugenol in vitro and in alloxan-induced diabetic rats,” Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 119, no. 5, pp. 225–233, 2013.
- Kais Mnafgui, Amal Derbali, Sami Sayadi, Neji Gharsallah, Abdelfattah Elfeki, and Noureddine Allouche, “Anti-obesity and cardioprotective effects of cinnamic acid in high fat diet- induced obese rats,” Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2014.
- Mi-Ok Sim, Ju Ri Ham, Hae-In Lee, Kwon-Il Seo, and Mi-Kyung Lee, “Long-term supplementation of umbelliferone and 4-methylumbelliferone alleviates high-fat diet induced hypertriglyceridemia and hyperglycemia in mice,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2014.
- Kais Mnafgui, Mouna Kchaou, Khaled Hamden, Fatma Derbali, Sadok Slama, Mbarek Nasri, Hichem Ben Salah, Noureddine Allouche, and Abdelfattah Elfeki, “Inhibition of carbohydrate and lipid digestive enzymes activities by Zygophyllum album extracts: effect on blood and pancreas inflammatory biomarkers in alloxan-induced diabetic rats,” Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 93–106, 2014.