- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 695726, 8 pages
Chinese Massage Combined with Herbal Ointment for Athletes with Nonspecific Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial
1Yueyang Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200437, China
2Research Institute of Tuina, Shanghai Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
3Department of Orthopedics, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
4Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Songjiang People Hospital of Shanghai, Shanghai 201699, China
Received 3 August 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editor: Edourad Hnawia
Copyright © 2012 Ling Jun Kong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Gao, Y. G. Wang, and L. Wang, “Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment,” Journal of Changchun University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 799–800, 2010 (Chinese).
- S. P. Niu and C. G. Zhu, “Medium of Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment,” Chinese Manipulation & Qi Gong Therapy, no. 2, p. 44, 1992 (Chinese).
- C. J. Standaert, “Low back pain in the adolescent athlete,” Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 287–304, 2008.
- B. P. Graw and S. W. Wiesel, “Low back pain in the aging athlete,” Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 39–46, 2008.
- X. L. Cai and B. Chen, “Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment for low back pain 43 cases,” Shandong Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 642–643, 2011 (Chinese).
- M. Deng, “Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment and traction for low back pain 56 cases,” Chinese Manipulation & Qi Gong Therapy, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 36, 2002 (Chinese).
- S. Z. Wang, “Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment for neck and back pain 86 cases,” Fujian Medical Journal, vol. 21, no. 4, p. 51, 1999 (Chinese).
- W. Yuan, L. J. Kong, and J. M. Tao, “A study of Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment for muscle tension in patients with acute soft tissue injury,” Lishizhen Medicine and Materia Medica Research, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1710–1712, 2011 (Chinese).
- R. Melzack, “The short-form McGill pain questionnaire,” Pain, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 191–197, 1987.
- D. D. Aarestad, M. D. Williams, S. C. Fehrer, E. Mikhailenok, and C. T. Leonard, “Intra- and interrater reliabilities of the myotonometer when assessing the spastic condition of children with cerebral palsy,” Journal of Child Neurology, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 894–901, 2004.
- C. T. Leonard, W. P. Deshner, J. W. Romo, E. S. Suoja, S. C. Fehrer, and E. L. Mikhailenok, “Myotonometer intra- and interrater reliabilities,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 84, no. 6, pp. 928–932, 2003.
- D. M. Li, “Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment for pediatric torticollis 60 cases,” Zhongguo Gu Shang, vol. 12, no. 6, p. 62, 1999 (Chinese).
- B. L. Lian and D. C. Zhu, “Clinical observation of combined massage and paste rubbing in treating cervical spondylotic radiculopathy,” Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 30–31, 2009 (Chinese).
- Y. Ji, S. W. Mao, and M. X. Zhu, “Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment for cibophobia,” Hubei Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 28, no. 1, p. 51, 2006 (Chinese).
- Y. L. Lee, Y. Wu, H. W. H. Tsang, A. Y. Leung, and W. M. Cheung, “A systematic review on the anxiolytic effects of aromatherapy in people with anxiety symptoms,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 101–108, 2011.
- K. M. Chang and C. W. Shen, “Aromatherapy benefits autonomic nervous system regulation for elementary school faculty in Taiwan,” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 946537, 2011.
- N. Hadfield, “The role of aromatherapy massage in reducing anxiety in patients with malignant brain tumours.,” International Journal of Palliative Nursing, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 279–285, 2001.
- S. Wilkinson, J. Aldridge, I. Salmon, E. Cain, and B. Wilson, “An evaluation of aromatherapy massage in palliative care,” Palliative Medicine, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 409–417, 1999.
- Z. J. Zhou, P. Chen, and X. M. Huang, “The research of the traditional Chinese herbs in Chinese massage combined with herbal ointment,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 49, no. 12, p. 1142, 2008 (Chinese).
- S. Prabuseenivasan, M. Jayakumar, and S. Ignacimuthu, “In vitro antibacterial activity of some plant essential oils,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 6, article 39, 2006.
- H. J. Kim, “Effect of aromatherapy massage on abdominal fat and body image in post-menopausal women,” Taehan Kanho Hakhoe chi, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 603–612, 2007.
- P. Conrad and C. Adams, “The effects of clinical aromatherapy for anxiety and depression in the high risk postpartum woman: a pilot study,” Complement Therapies in Clinical Practice, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 164–168, 2012.
- D. L. García-González, J. Vivancos, and R. Aparicio, “Mapping brain activity induced by olfaction of virgin olive oil aroma,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 59, no. 18, pp. 10200–102010, 2011.
- L. Marciani, J. C. Pfeiffer, J. Hort et al., “Improved methods for fMRI studies of combined taste and aroma stimuli,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 158, no. 2, pp. 186–194, 2006.