- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 698531, 10 pages
Drug Target Prediction Based on the Herbs Components: The Study on the Multitargets Pharmacological Mechanism of Qishenkeli Acting on the Coronary Heart Disease
1Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Bei San Huan Dong Lu 11, ChaoYang District, Beijing, China
2State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Received 14 November 2011; Accepted 27 December 2011
Academic Editor: Keji Chen
Copyright © 2012 Yong Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. He, D. Gu, X. Wu et al., “Major causes of death among men and women in China,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 11, pp. 1124–1134, 2005.
- A. S. Ferreira and A. J. Lopes, “Chinese medicine pattern differentiation and its implications for clinical practice,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 818–823, 2011.
- E. Y. Tu, Y. G. Zhou, Z. H. Wang, Q. S. Liang, and G. T. Yang, “Effects of tanshinone II A on the myocardial hypertrophy signal transduction system protein kinase B in rats,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 365–370, 2009.
- H. Xu and K. J. Chen, “Herb-drug interaction: an emerging issue of integrative medicine,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 195–196, 2010.
- C. Hong, Y. Wang, J. Lou, Q. Liu, H. Qu, and Y. Cheng, “Analysis of myocardial proteomic alteration after Qishenyiqi formula treatment in acute infarcted rat hearts,” China Journal of Chinese Materia Medica, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1018–1021, 2009.
- G. H. Dai, B. L. Zhang, and Z. X. Guo, “Application of central randomized system in project of clinical trial for secondary prevention of myocardial infarction by Qishen Yiqi Drop Pill,” Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 653–656, 2007.
- W. Chen, M. H. Yu, Y. M. Li, W. J. Chen, and Y. P. Xia, “Beneficial effects of astragalus polysaccharides treatment on cardiac chymase activities and cardiomyopathy in diabetic hamsters,” Acta Diabetologica, vol. 47, no. 11, supplement 1, pp. 35–46, 2009.
- A. B. Parsons, R. L. Brost, H. Ding et al., “Integration of chemical-genetic and genetic interaction data links bioactive compounds to cellular target pathways,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 62–69, 2004.
- J. Lamb, E. D. Crawford, D. Peck et al., “The connectivity map: using gene-expression signatures to connect small molecules, genes, and disease,” Science, vol. 313, no. 5795, pp. 1929–1935, 2006.
- M. Campillos, M. Kuhn, A. C. Gavin, L. J. Jensen, and P. Bork, “Drug target identification using side-effect similarity,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5886, pp. 263–266, 2008.
- Nidhi, M. Glick, J. W. Davies, and J. L. Jenkins, “Prediction of biological targetsfor compounds using multiple-category bayesian models trained on chemogenomics databases,” Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 1124–1133, 2006.
- A. C. Cheng, R. G. Coleman, K. T. Smyth et al., “Structure-based maximal affinity model predicts small-molecule druggability,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 2007.
- K. Bleakley and Y. Yamanishi, “Supervised prediction of drug-target interactions using bipartite local models,” Bioinformatics, vol. 25, no. 18, pp. 2397–2403, 2009.
- S. Zhao and S. Li, “Network-based relating pharmacological and genomic spaces for drug target identification,” PLoS One, vol. 5, no. 7, Article ID e11764, 2010.
- D. S. Wishart, C. Knox, A. C. Guo et al., “DrugBank: a knowledgebase for drugs, drug actions and drug targets,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. D901–D906, 2008.
- S. E. Stein, S. R. Heller, and D. Tchekhovskoi, “An open standard for chemical structure representation: the IUPAC chemical identifier,” in Proceedings of the International Chemical Information Conference (Nimes), pp. 131–143, Infonortics, 2003.
- A. Bender, H. Y. Mussa, R. C. Glen, and S. Reiling, “Molecular similarity searching using atom environments, information-based feature selection, and a Naïve Bayesian classifier,” Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 170–178, 2004.
- T. S. Keshava Prasad, R. Goel, K. Kandasamy et al., “Human protein reference database—2009 update,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. D767–D772, 2009.
- C. Stark, B. J. Breitkreutz, T. Reguly, L. Boucher, A. Breitkreutz, and M. Tyers, “BioGRID: a general repository for interaction datasets,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 34, pp. D535–539, 2006.
- B. Aranda, P. Achuthan, Y. Alam-Faruque et al., “The IntAct molecular interaction database in 2010,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, no. 1, Article ID gkp878, pp. D525–D531, 2009.
- A. Ceol, A. Chatr Aryamontri, L. Licata et al., “MINT, the molecular interaction database: 2009 update,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, no. 1, Article ID gkp983, pp. D532–D539, 2009.
- L. Salwinski, C. S. Miller, A. J. Smith, F. K. Pettit, J. U. Bowie, and D. Eisenberg, “The database of interacting proteins: 2004 update,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 32, pp. D449–D451, 2004.
- T. A. Gibson and D. S. Goldberg, “Questioning the ubiquity of neofunctionalization,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 5, no. 1, Article ID e1000252, 2009.
- Y. M. Pinto, B. G. J. L. De Smet, W. H. Van Gilst et al., “Selective and time related activation of the cardiac renin-angiotensin system after experimental heart failure: relation to ventricular function and morphology,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1933–1938, 1993.
- M. Kanehisa and S. Goto, “KEGG: Kyoto Encyclopedia of genes and genomes,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 27–30, 2000.
- M. W. Zhao and E. D. Wang, “Regulation of angiogenic signaling pathway by two human aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases,” Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 689–693, 2003.
- A. E. Cain, D. M. Tanner, and R. A. Khalil, “Endothelin-1-induced enhancement of coronary smooth muscle contraction via MAPK-dependent and MAPK-independent [Ca2+]i sensitization pathways,” Hypertension, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 543–549, 2002.
- R. G. Schwartz, E. J. Barrett, and C. K. Francis, “Regulation of myocardial amino acid balance in the conscious dog,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 1204–1211, 1985.
- J. M. Neutel, “Choosing among renin-angiotensin system blockers for the management of hypertension: from pharmacology to clinical efficacy,” Current medical research and opinion, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 213–223, 2010.
- M. Ashburner, C. A. Ball, J. A. Blake et al., “Gene ontology: tool for the unification of biology,” Nature Genetics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 2000.
- T. Hase, H. Tanaka, Y. Suzuki, S. Nakagawa, and H. Kitano, “Structure of protein interaction networks and their implications on drug design,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 10, no. 5, Article ID e1000550, 2009.
- R. Willenheimer, B. Dahlöf, E. Rydberg, and L. Erhardt, “AT1-receptor blockers in hypertension and heart failure: clinical experience and future directions,” European Heart Journal, vol. 20, no. 1547, pp. 997–1008, 1999.
- J. Basile and P. P. Toth, “Angiotensin receptor blockers: role in hypertension management, cardiovascular risk reduction, and nephropathy,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. S1–S12, 2009.
- T. Berl, “Renal protection by inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system,” Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2009.
- F. Barbe, J. B. Su, T. T. Guyene, B. Crozatier, J. Ménard, and L. Hittinger, “Bradykinin pathway is involved in acute hemodynamic effects of enalaprilat in dogs with heart failure,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 270, no. 6, pp. H1985–H1992, 1996.
- M. F. Rousseau, M. A. Konstam, C. R. Benedict et al., “Progression of left ventricular dysfunction secondary to coronary artery disease, sustained neurohormonal activation and effects of ibopamine therapy during long-term therapy with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 488–493, 1994.
- P. K. Mehta and K. K. Griendling, “Angiotensin II cell signaling: physiological and pathological effects in the cardiovascular system,” American Journal of Physiology. Cell Physiology, vol. 292, no. 1, pp. C82–C97, 2007.
- W. H. Beierwaltes, “The role of calcium in the regulation of renin secretion,” American Journal of Physiology. Renal Physiology, vol. 298, no. 1, pp. F1–F11, 2010.
- W. H. W. Tang, A. C. Parameswaran, A. P. Maroo, and G. S. Francis, “Aldosterone receptor antagonists in the medical management of chronic heart failure,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 1623–1630, 2005.