- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 710750, 8 pages
Acupuncture Use among American Adults: What Acupuncture Practitioners Can Learn from National Health Interview Survey 2007?
1Division of Health Services Research, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th Street, STOP 8143, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
2Family and Community Medicine, TCM Research Program, Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, East Hall, 520 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
3Division of Health Services Research, Department of Health Promotion and Policy, University of Maryland School of Dentistry, and Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 650 West Baltimore Street, Room 2213, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
4Department of Family and Community Medicine, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 9849 Kenworthy Street, El Paso, TX 79924, USA
Received 9 August 2011; Accepted 9 November 2011
Academic Editor: Arndt Büssing
Copyright © 2012 Yan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sean N. Halpin, Molly M. Perkins, and Wei Huang, “Determining Attitudes Toward Acupuncture: A Focus on Older U.S. Veterans,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 130924080010003, 2013.
- Benjamin L. Marx, Lee Hullender Rubin, Ryan Milley, Richard Hammerschlag, and Deborah L. Ackerman, “A Prospective Patient-Centered Data Collection Program at an Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Teaching Clinic,” Journal Of Alternative And Complementary Medicine, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 410–415, 2013.
- Weidong Lu, and David S. Rosenthal, “Acupuncture for Cancer Pain and Related Symptoms,” Current Pain and Headache Reports, vol. 17, no. 3, 2013.
- M. d. S. d. Almeida, F. D. R. Guerra, L. P. de Oliveira, C. P. Vieira, and E. R. Pimentel, “A hypothesis for the anti-inflammatory and mechanotransduction molecular mechanisms underlying acupuncture tendon healing,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 178–182, 2013.
- Kimberly M. Tippens, Maria T. Chao, Erin Connelly, and Adrianna Locke, “Patient perspectives on care received at community acupuncture clinics: a qualitative thematic analysis,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, 2013.
- Audhild Lohre, Aslak Steinsbekk, and Marit By Rise, “Characteristics of Female and Male Visitors to Practitioners of Acupuncture in the HUNT3 Study,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 995–1010, 2013.
- Jiang-Ti Kong, Rosa N. Schnyer, Kevin A. Johnson, and Sean Mackey, “Understanding Central Mechanisms of Acupuncture Analgesia Using Dynamic Quantitative Sensory Testing: A Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Guangli Yan, Aihua Zhang, Hui Sun, Weiping Cheng, Xiangcai Meng, Li Liu, Yingzhi Zhang, Ning Xie, and Xijun Wang, “Dissection of Biological Property of Chinese Acupuncture Point Zusanli Based on Long-Term Treatment via Modulating Multiple Metabolic Pathways,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- K.-F. Chung, W.-F. Yeung, C.-W. Kwok, and Y.-M. Yu, “Risk factors associated with adverse events of acupuncture: a prospective study,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 455–462, 2014.
- Kai-Yin Hsu, Julie E. Dunn, Ylisabyth S. Bradshaw, and Lisa Conboy, “Lessons From an Acupuncture Teaching Clinic: Patient Characteristics and Pain Management Effectiveness,” EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 284–293, 2014.
- M. d. S. de Almeida, K. M. de Freitas, L. P. Oliveira, C. P. Vieira, F. D. R. Guerra, M. A. H. Dolder, and E. R. Pimentel, “Acupuncture increases the diameter and reorganisation of collagen fibrils during rat tendon healing,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 51–57, 2014.
- Arthur Yin Fan, ““Obamacare” covers fifty-four million Americans for acupuncture as Essential Healthcare Benefit,” Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 390–393, 2014.
- Jia-You Wang, Hui Li, Lei Zhang, Chun-Mei Ma, Jia-Lu Wang, Xin-Sheng Lai, and Shu-Feng Zhou, “Adenosine as a probing tool for the mechanistic study of acupuncture treatment,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 933–939, 2014.
- Chao Hsing Yeh, Natalia E. Morone, Lung-Chang Chien, Yuling Cao, Huijuan Lu, Juan Shen, Leah Margolis, Shreya Bhatnagar, Samuel Hoffman, Zhan Liang, Ronald M. Glick, and Lorna Kwai-Ping Suen, “Auricular Point Acupressure to Manage Chronic Low Back Pain in Older Adults: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Irene M. Estores, and Joyce Frye, “Healing Environments,” Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America, 2015.
- Kara Chan, Lennon Tsang, and Timothy K.F. Fung, “Attitudes toward acupuncture in Hong Kong,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 158–174, 2015.
- Adam Burke, Richard L. Nahin, and Barbara J. Stussman, “Limited Health Knowledge as a Reason for Non-Use of Four Common Complementary Health Practices,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Holger Cramer, Vincent C.H. Chung, Romy Lauche, Yan Zhang, Anthony Zhang, Jost Langhorst, and Gustav Dobos, “Characteristics of acupuncture users among internal medicine patients in Germany,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2015.
- Ka-Fai Chung, Wing-Fai Yeung, Yee-Man Yu, Chi-Wa Kwok, Shi-Ping Zhang, and Zhang-Jin Zhang, “Adverse Events Related to Acupuncture Development and Testing of a Rating Scale,” Clinical Journal Of Pain, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 922–928, 2015.