- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 714805, 7 pages
Chinese Patent Medicine Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Combined with Antihypertensive Drugs, a New Integrative Medicine Therapy, for the Treatment of Essential Hypertension: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials
1Department of Cardiology, Guang′anmen Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100053, China
2Department of Gastroenterology, Guang′anmen Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100053, China
3Graduate School, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
4Department of Endocrinology, Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital of Mentougou District, Beijing 102300, China
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 10 October 2012
Academic Editor: Vassya Bankova
Copyright © 2012 Jie Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Sliwa, S. Stewart, and B. J. Gersh, “Hypertension: a global perspective,” Circulation, vol. 123, no. 24, pp. 2892–2896, 2011.
- E. G. Nabel, “Cardiovascular disease,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 349, no. 1, pp. 60–72, 2003.
- A. V. Chobanian, G. L. Bakris, H. R. Black et al., “Seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure,” Hypertension, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1206–1252, 2003.
- D. Levy, M. G. Larson, R. S. Vasan, W. B. Kannel, and K. K. L. Ho, “The progression from hypertension to congestive heart failure,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 275, no. 20, pp. 1557–1562, 1996.
- C. Chang and M. E. Gershwin, “Integrative medicine in allergy and immunology,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology. In press.
- D. Su and L. Li, “Trends in the use of complementary and alternative medicine in the United States: 2002–2007,” Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 296–310, 2011.
- M. Jiang, C. Zhang, H. Cao, K. Chan, and A. Lu, “The role of Chinese medicine in the treatment of chronic diseases in China,” Planta Medica, vol. 77, no. 9, pp. 873–881, 2011.
- H. Xu and K. Chen, “Integrative medicine: the experience from China,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 3–7, 2008.
- J. Wang and X. J. Xiong, “Current situation and perspectives of clinical study in integrative medicine in China,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 268542, 11 pages, 2012.
- G. W. Zhong, M. J. Chen, Y. H. Luo et al., “Effect of Chinese herbal medicine for calming Gan and suppressing hyperactive yang on arterial elasticity function and circadian rhythm of blood pressure in patients with essential hypertension,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 414–420, 2011.
- F. A. Flachskampf, J. Gallasch, O. Gefeller et al., “Randomized trial of acupuncture to lower blood pressure,” Circulation, vol. 115, no. 24, pp. 3121–3129, 2007.
- H. Li, L. T. Liu, W. M. Zhao et al., “Effect of traditional and integrative regimens on quality of life and early renal impairment in elderly patients with isolated systolic hypertension,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 216–221, 2010.
- L. Lu, J. Z. Zhou, L. Wang, and T. X. Zhang, “Effects of Xuezhikang and Pravastatin on circulating endothelial progenitor cells in patients with essential hypertension,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 266–271, 2009.
- E. A. Macklin, P. M. Wayne, L. A. Kalish et al., “Stop Hypertension with the Acupuncture Research Program (SHARP): results of a randomized, controlled clinical trial,” Hypertension, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 838–845, 2006.
- T. D. Zhang and C. X. Li, “Protective effeets of liuwei dihuang wan on the kidney of patients with senile hypertension,” Shi Jie Ke Xue Ji Shu: Zhong Yi Yao Xian Dai Hua, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 102–104, 2006.
- S. X. Wu and X. S. Lin, “Clinical effect of liuwei dihuang wan on the level of vWF in patients with hypertension,” Fujian Zhong Yi Yao, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 5–6, 2000.
- J. Wang and X. J. Xiong, “Control strategy on hypertension in Chinese medicine,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 284847, 6 pages, 2012.
- L. H. Cai, “Clinical effect of Liu Wei Di Huang Wan on ET and NO in patients with senile hypertension,” Zhong Yi Yao Xue Kan, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1280–1281, 2004.
- Y. B. Zhang, “Clinical effect of Liu Wei Di Huang Wan on β2-MG in patients with essential hypertension,” Gansu Zhong Yi, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 54–55, 2007.
- G. Q. Chen, W. Y. Lai, K. Chen, and X. J. Xu, “Clinical study on the therapy of elder essential hypertension using liu wei di huang pill and captopril,” Hannan Yi Xue Yuan Xue Bao, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 357–358, 2008.
- N. Zhang, L. Liu, and J. Jin, “Clinical study on essential hypertension treated by the therapy of combination of traditional Chinese medicine and western medicine,” Zhong Yi Yao Xin Xi, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 29–30, 2004.
- Y. L. Zhou, Z. W. Zhou, and M. X. Tang, “Clinical study of combination of liu wei di huang pills and basintom for the treatment of essential hypertension,” Hunan Zhong Yi Yao Dao Bao, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 15–16, 2003.
- L. B. Hu, H. Y. Ma, Z. F. Yang, and M. F. Ren, “Clinical immunology of essential hypertension belonged to the types of Yang hyperactivity and Yin deficiency treated by combining Luiwei Rehmannia pill with nifedipine,” Xinxiang Yi Xue Yuan Xue Bao, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 279–282, 1994.
- J. P. T. Higgins and S. Green, Corchrane Reviewers' Handbook 5. 1. 0, Review Manager, 2011.
- J. Wang, P. Q. Wang, and X. J. Xiong, “Current situation and re-understanding of syndrome and formula syndrome in Chinese medicine,” Internal Medicine, vol. 2, no. 3, article 113, 2012.