- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 715790, 11 pages
Sulfotanshinone Sodium Injection for Unstable Angina Pectoris: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials
1Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacy Administration, West China Pharmacy School, Sichuan University, No. 17 Section 3 Renmin Nanlu, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
2Department of Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine, Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 551 Chatham Street, Victoria, BC, Canada V8T 1E1
3Center for Health Research North West, Kaiser Permanente, 5025 Southeast 28th Avenue, Portland, OR 97202, USA
4Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L8
Received 20 October 2011; Revised 5 January 2012; Accepted 5 January 2012
Academic Editor: Myeong Soo Lee
Copyright © 2012 Xuelan Qiu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- American Heart Association, ACC/AHA Management of Patients with Unstable Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction—Pocket Guideline, 2011, http://my.americanheart.org/idc/groups/ahaecc-internal/@wcm/@sop/documents/downloadable/ucm_423798.pdf.
- American Heart Association, “ACC/AHA 2007 guideline revision of management of patients with unstable angina/non–ST-elevation myocardial infarction,” Circulation, vol. 116, no. 7, pp. 803–877, 2007.
- F. W. Bär, F. W. Verheugt, J. Col et al., “Thrombolysis in patients with unstable angina improves the angiographic but not the clinical outcome: results of UNASEM, a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial with anistreplase,” Circulation, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 131–137, 1992.
- T. L. Schreiber, D. Rizik, C. White et al., “Randomized trial of thrombolysis versus heparin in unstable angina,” Circulation, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 1407–1414, 1992.
- E. Braunwald, “Effects of tissue plasminogen activator and a comparison of early invasive and conservative strategies in unstable angina and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction: results of the TIMI IIIB trial,” Circulation, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 1545–1556, 1994.
- L. Zhou, Z. Zuo, and M. S. S. Chow, “Danshen: an overview of its chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and clinical use,” Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1345–1359, 2005.
- Pharmacopoeia Committee of China, Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China, China Medico-Pharmaceutical Science & Technology Publishing House, Beijing, China, 2010.
- B. Y. H. Lam, A. C. Y. Lo, X. Sun, H. W. Luo, S. K. Chung, and N. J. Sucher, “Neuroprotective effects of tanshinones in transient focal cerebral ischemia in mice,” Phytomedicine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 286–291, 2003.
- X. L. Niu, K. Ichimori, X. Yang et al., “Tanshinone II-A inhibits low density lipoprotein oxidation in vitro,” Free Radical Research, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 305–312, 2000.
- L. N. He, J. Yang, Y. Jiang, J. Wang, C. Liu, and S. B. He, “Protective effect of tanshinone on injured cultured PC12 cells in vitro,” Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 413–416, 2001.
- A. M. Wang, S. H. Sha, W. Lesniak, and J. Schacht, “Tanshinone (Salviae miltiorrhizae extract) preparations attenuate aminoglycoside-induced free radical formation in vitro and ototoxicity in vivo,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1836–1841, 2003.
- B. L. Zhao, W. Jiang, Y. Zhao, J. W. Hou, and W. J. Xin, “Scavenging effects of Salvia miltiorrhiza on free radicals and its protection for myocardial mitochondrial membranes from ischemia-reperfusion injury,” Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1171–1182, 1996.
- P. Yang, Y.-H. Jia, J. Li, L.-J. Li, and F.-H. Zhou, “Study of anti-myocardial cell oxidative stress action and effect of tanshinone IIA on prohibitin expression,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 259–264, 2010.
- R. Yang, A. Liu, X. Ma, L. Li, D. Su, and J. Liu, “Sodium tanshinone IIA sulfonate protects cardiomyocytes against oxidative stress-mediated apoptosis through inhibiting JNK activation,” Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 396–401, 2008.
- D. Sun, M. Shen, J. Li et al., “Cardioprotective effects of tanshinone IIA pretreatment via kinin B2 receptor-Akt-GSK-3β dependent pathway in experimental diabetic cardiomyopathy,” Cardiovascular Diabetology, vol. 10, article 4, 2011.
- H. Shan, X. Li, Z. Pan et al., “Tanshinone MA protects against sudden cardiac death induced by lethal arrhythmias via repression of microRNA-1,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 158, no. 5, pp. 1227–1235, 2009.
- Y. Shi, X. Y. Li, T. Y. Wang, et al., “Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics studies of Tanshinone IIA and tanshinone IIA sulfonate,” Chinese Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 143–153, 2009.
- Database of State Food and Drug Administration of China, 2011, http://www.sfda.gov.cn.
- Y. H. Zhao, “Therapeutic observation of sodium tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection treating unstable angina,” Practical Geriatrics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 212–213, 2007.
- F. F. Yan, Y. F. Liu, Y. Liu, and Y. X. Zhao, “SS injection could decrease fibrinogen level and improve clinical outcomes in patients with unstable angina pectoris,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 254–255, 2009.
- A. P. Wang and Q. Hou, “Tanshinone combined with ozagrel treating unstable angina,” Taishan Health Journal, vol. 34, pp. 20–21, 2010.
- N. Yang and F. X. Ren, “SS for unstable angina pectoris: a study of clinical application,” China Modern Doctor, vol. 48, no. 21, pp. 47–49, 2010.
- H. Z. Ge, Y. N. Cheng, and H. Y. Xun, “Clinical observation of SS treating unstable angina,” Chinese Journal of Difficult and Complicated Cases, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 201–202, 2010.
- J. X. Ge and D. F. Zhu, “Clinical analysis of 48 patients with unstable angina treated by trimetazidine combined with sodium tanshione IIA sulfonate,” Guide of Chinese Medicine, vol. 7, no. 13, pp. 71–72, 2009.
- H. L. Hu, Y. J. Ji, and S. H. Ye, “Observation of therapeutic effect of sodium tanshione IIA sulfonate injection treating unstable angina,” Chinese Journal of Ethnomedicine and Ethnopharmacy, vol. 11, article 71, 2009.
- X. Pei and G. Chen, “36 patients with unstable angina treated with tanshione IIA sulfonate combined with Western medications,” Shanxi Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1276–1278, 2009.
- H. Zuo and W. B. Hou, “Analysis of therapeutic effect of tanshione IIA sulfonate injection combined with low-molecular-weight heparin treating elderly patients with unstable angina,” Chinese Community Doctors, vol. 11, no. 13, pp. 18–19, 2009.
- C. L. Song, “Clinical research on tanshione IIA sulfonate combined with low-molecular-weight heparin treating 53 elderly patients with unstable,” The Journal of Medical Theory and Practice, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 289–290, 2008.
- G. P. Xu and H. Su, “The affection of tanshinone to the inflammatory factors’ level in unstable angina patients,” Hainan Medical Journal, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 31–33, 2008.
- X. T. Huang, X. J. Pu, X. Li, X. Y. Chen, M. Wang, and X. C. Qi, “Observation of the therapeutic effect of SS treating unstable angina,” Ningxia Medical Journal, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 51–52, 2008.
- L. Li, X. W. Sun, Z. Y. Wu, C. J. Ren, and Z. X. Wei, “Effect on function of vascular endothelium in patient with unstable-angina pectoris,” Journal of Jining Medical College, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 288–290, 2008.
- N. Hua, F. K. Tang, W. X. Niu, L. Wang, and Q. Di, “Sodium tanshinone IIA sulfonate combined with low-molecular-weight heparin sodium in treatment of unstable angina pectoris,” Medical Journal of the Chinese People’s Armed Police Forces, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 195–198, 2007.
- Q. L. Wang, X. J. Deng, X. Q. Li, and X. T. Chen, “Effect of sodium tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection on CRP and D-dimer level in patients with unstable angina,” Journal of New Chinese Medicine, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 16–17, 2007.
- J. H. Ma, W. P. Xiong, F. W. Wan, and M. Hua, “Research on sodium tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection combined with isosorbide mononitrate treating unstable angina,” China Modern Doctor, vol. 45, no. 14, pp. 97–105, 2007.
- X. G. Zhang and Y. M. Zhang, “Therapeutic observation of tanshinone IIA sulfonate treating unstable angina,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine on Cardio-/Cerebrovascular Disease, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 857–858, 2006.
- H. R. Zhang, L. Sun, Y. S. Li, and Y. K. Jin, “Therapeutic observation of tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection treating unstable angina,” Tianjin Pharmacy, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 31–32, 2006.
- H. L. Liu and X. H. Yang, “Therapeutic observation of tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection treating unstable angina,” Medical Innovation of China, vol. 7, no. 13, p. 37, 2010.
- H. L. Yang and R. J. Cai, “Clinical research on tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection injection treating unstable angina,” Chinese Health Care, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 716–717, 2009.
- L. J. Bai and H. G. Ding, “Therapeutic observation of tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection treating 80 patients with unstable angina,” Journal of China Clinical Medical Research, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1813–1814, 2007.
- J. Fang and Q. Wang, “Randomized controlled research of tanshinone IIA sulfonate treating 60 elderly patients with unstable angina,” Central Plains Medical Journal, vol. 34, no. 15, p. 81, 2007.
- K. R. Jiang, “Clinical research on nuo xin kang treating 80 patients with unstable angina,” Chinese Journal of Current Clinical Medicine, vol. 2, no. 6, p. 908, 2004.
- X. D. Qi and B. Z. Qu, “Therapeutic observation of tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection treating unstable angina,” Journal of China Medicine, vol. 3, no. 13, p. 65, 2008.
- X. L. Han and S. H. Wang, “Clinical observation of tanshinone IIA sulfonate injection treating 96 patients with unstable angina,” Hebei Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 472–473, 2011.
- J. P. T. Higgins and S. Green, Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011, http://www.cochrane-handbook.org.