- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 732578, 10 pages
Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester Inhibits Oral Cancer Cell Metastasis by Regulating Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 and the Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathway
1School of Dentistry, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
2Department of Dentistry, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
3Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
4School of Medical Laboratory and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
5Department of Pathology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua 50006, Taiwan
6Department of Medical Research, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
7Institute of Oral Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
Received 30 September 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 19 November 2012
Academic Editor: Shrikant Anant
Copyright © 2012 Chih-Yu Peng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Chiao-Wen Lin, Pei-Ni Chen, Mu-Kuan Chen, Wei-En Yang, Chih-Hsin Tang, Shun-Fa Yang, and Yih-Shou Hsieh, “Kaempferol Reduces Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 Expression by Down-Regulating ERK1/2 and the Activator Protein-1 Signaling Pathways in Oral Cancer Cells,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Chiao-Wen Lin, Ying-Erh Chou, Hui-Ling Chiou, Mu-Kuan Chen, Wei-En Yang, Ming-Ju Hsieh, and Shun-Fa Yang, “Pterostilbene suppresses oral cancer cell invasion by inhibiting MMP-2 expression,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Kai Zhou, Xiaoli Li, Qin Du, Defeng Li, Mo Hu, Xiaojia Yang, Qi Jiang, and Zhubo Li, “A CAPE analogue as novel antiplatelet agent efficiently inhibits collagen-induced platelet aggregation,” Pharmazie, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 615–620, 2014.
- Chin-Yin Lin, Pei-Ni Chen, Li-Sung Hsu, Dong Yih Kuo, Shu-Chen Chu, and Yih-Shou Hsieh, “Inhibition of the invasion and migration of renal carcinoma 786-o-si3 cells in vitro and in vivo by Koelreuteria formosana extract,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 3334–3342, 2014.
- Arkadiusz Dziedzic, Robert Kubina, Agata Kabala-Dzik, Robert D. Wojtyczka, Tadeusz Morawiec, and Rafal J. Buldak, “Caffeic Acid Reduces the Viability and Migration Rate of Oral Carcinoma Cells (SCC-25) Exposed to Low Concentrations of Ethanol,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 18725–18741, 2014.
- Polyana das Graças Figueiredo Vilela, Jonatas Rafael de Oliveira, Patrícia Pimentel de Barros, Mariella Vieira Pereira Leão, Luciane Dias de Oliveira, and Antonio Olavo Cardoso Jorge, “In vitro effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-1 and MMP-9) and their inhibitor (TIMP-1) in lipopolysaccharide-activated human monocytes,” Archives of Oral Biology, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 1196–1202, 2015.
- Ying-Yu Kuo, Wai-Tim Jim, Liang-Cheng Su, Chi-Jung Chung, Ching-Yu Lin, Chieh Huo, Jen-Chih Tseng, Shih-Han Huang, Chih-Jen Lai, Bo-Chih Chen, Bi-Juan Wang, Tzu-Min Chan, Hui-Ping Lin, Wun-Shaing Wayne Chang, Chuang-Rung Chang, and Chih-Pin Chuu, “Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester Is a Potential Therapeutic Agent for Oral Cancer,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 10748–10766, 2015.
- Scott P. Fraser, Faye Hemsley, and Mustafa B.A. Djamgoz, “Caffeic acid phenethyl ester: Inhibition of metastatic cell behaviours via voltage-gated sodium channel in human breast cancer in vitro,” The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 2015.
- Emanuela Barletta, Matteo Ramazzotti, Florinda Fratianni, Daniela Pessani, and Donatella Degl'Innocenti, “Hydrophilic extract from Posidonia oceanica inhibits activity and expression of gelatinases and prevents HT1080 human fibrosarcoma cell line invasion,” Cell Adhesion & Migration, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 422–431, 2015.
- Lizandra Jimenez, Sangeeta K. Jayakar, Thomas J. Ow, and Jeffrey E. Segall, “Mechanisms of Invasion in Head and Neck Cancer,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 139, no. 11, pp. 1334–1348, 2015.
- Florian Muller, Claudia Cerella, Flavia Radogna, Mario Dicato, and Marc Diederich, “Effects of Natural Products on Mcl-1 Expression and Function,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 30, pp. 3447–3461, 2015.
- Marc Diederich, and Claudia Cerella, “Non-canonical programmed cell death mechanisms triggered by natural compounds,” Seminars in Cancer Biology, 2016.
- Ming-Ju Hsieh, Chao-Bin Yeh, Hui-Ling Chiou, Ming-Chang Hsieh, and Shun-Fa Yang, “ Dioscorea nipponica Attenuates Migration and Invasion by Inhibition of Urokinase-Type Plasminogen Activator through Involving PI3K/Akt and Transcriptional Inhibition of NF-κB and SP-1 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma ,” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 44, no. 01, pp. 177–195, 2016.
- Chih-Yu Peng, Hui-Wen Yang, Yin-Hung Chu, Yu-Chao Chang, Ming-Ju Hsieh, Ming-Yung Chou, Kun-Tu Yeh, Yueh-Min Lin, Shun-Fa Yang, and Chiao-Wen Lin, “Corrigendum to “Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester Inhibits Oral Cancer Cell Metastasis by Regulating Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 and the Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathway”,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2016, pp. 1–2, 2016.