- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 751046, 8 pages
Traditional Chinese Medicine in Cancer Care: A Review of Case Series Published in the Chinese Literature
1Centre for Evidence-Based Chinese Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
2School of Humanities, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
3School of Preclinical Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
4School of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
5National Research Center in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NAFKAM), University of Tromsø, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Received 5 November 2011; Accepted 5 April 2012
Academic Editor: Alyson Huntley
Copyright © 2012 Guoyan Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization, “Cancer,” http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs297/en/.
- J. Liu, X. Li, J. Liu, L. Ma, X. Li, and V. Fønnebø, “Traditional chinese medicine in cancer care: a review of case reports published in Chinese literature,” Forschende Komplementarmedizin, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 257–263, 2011.
- J. P. Liu, Clinical Research Methodology for Evidence-based Chinese Medicine. Beijing, People's Health Press, Beijing, China, 2006.
- Oxford Centre for Evidence-based Medicine (OCEBM) Levels of Evidence Working Group, “The Oxford 2011 Levels of Evidence,” Oxford Center for Evidence-Based Medicine, http://www.cebm.net/index.aspx?o=5653.
- Oxford Centre for Evidence-based Medicine (OCEBM) Levels of Evidence Working Group, “Levels of Evidence (March 2009),” Oxford Centre for Evidence-based Medicine, http://www.cebm.net/index.aspx?o=1025.
- M. Xie, Chinese Medical Formulas, People's Health Press, Beijing, China, 2004.
- Anonymous, “Preliminary observational study on treating 188 cases of cancer by ‘Shenlong Pill’,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, no. 10, pp. 664–667, 1958.
- Anonymous, “Analysis of the clinical effect of Chinese herbal medicine for treating cervical cancer in 18 cases,” Journal of Shanxi Medical University, no. 3, pp. 21–26, 1960.
- Z. Y. Cao and B. Y. Yin, “Analysis of the modified Wen Pi Tang and acupuncture combined with Western medicine for treating postoperative intestinal obstruction in 5 cases of patients with rectal Cancer,” Chinese Journal of Coloproctology, vol. 29, no. 7, p. 58, 2009.
- H. Z. Liu, “Clinical observation of Kongyan San for treating malignant solid tumor,” Beijing Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, no. 1, pp. 60–61, 1998.
- P. P. Li, Y. Z. Chen, Q. Z. Guo, et al., “Clinical observation on elemene emalsion combined with low-dose chemotherapy for advanced cancer,” Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 6, p. 443, 1998.
- J. X. Tang and S. Y. Li, “Compound Feng Jiao Wan for treating 12 cases of esophageal and gastric cardia carcinoma,” Apicultural Science and Technology, no. 1, p. 29, 1995.
- Q. J. Zhang and X. P. Xu, “Application of Bu Fei Tang for treating deficiency syndrome of lung cancer,” Hubei Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 21, no. 5, p. 225, 1999.
- J. Ferlay, H. R. Shin, F. Bray, et al., “Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide,” IARC CancerBase 10, 2008, http://globocan.iarc.fr/.
- H. Yu, H. Yang, and J. P. Liu, “Methodology of reporting expert clinical reports and experiences or opinions—design and assessment of case series,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 407–410, 2008.