- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 786839, 6 pages
Auricular Acupuncture and Vagal Regulation
Institute of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 2 November 2012
Academic Editor: Di Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Wei He et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Marco Antonio Helio da Silva, and Peter T. Dorsher, “Neuroanatomic and Clinical Correspondences: Acupuncture and Vagus Nerve Stimulation,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 131220063219001, 2013.
- Yu-Jen Wang, Chin-Che Hsu, Mei-Ling Yeh, and Jaung-Geng Lin, “Auricular Acupressure to Improve Menstrual Pain and Menstrual Distress and Heart Rate Variability for Primary Dysmenorrhea in Youth with Stress,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Xian Shi, Gerhard Litscher, Huan Wang, Lu Wang, Zengkai Zhao, Daniela Litscher, Jingqiao Tao, Ingrid Gaischek, and Zemin Sheng, “Continuous Auricular Electroacupuncture Can Significantly Improve Heart Rate Variability and Clinical Scores in Patients with Depression: First Results from a Transcontinental Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Regina Round, Gerhard Litscher, and Frank Bahr, “Auricular Acupuncture with Laser,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–22, 2013.
- Yanli Ju, Hongwei Zhang, Miaoling Chen, Xu Chi, Wei Lan, Honglei Zhang, Jingfang Mo, and Ng Yuen Yung, “Effects of Auricular Stimulation in the Cavum Conchae on Glucometabolism in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2014.
- Yuchi Wu, Chuan Zou, Xusheng Liu, Xiuqing Wu, and Qizhan Lin, “Auricular Acupressure Helps Improve Sleep Quality for Severe Insomnia in Maintenance Hemodialysis Patients: A Pilot Study,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 356–363, 2014.
- Zhuo Wang, Lilei Yu, Songyun Wang, Bing Huang, Kai Liao, Gaowa Saren, Tuantuan Tan, and Hong Jiang, “Chronic Intermittent Low-Level Transcutaneous Electrical Stimulation of Auricular Branch of Vagus Nerve Improves Left Ventricular Remodeling in Conscious Dogs With Healed Myocardial Infarction,” Circulation-Heart Failure, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1014–1021, 2014.
- Han Li, Jian-Bin Zhang, Chen Xu, Qing-Qing Tang, Wei-Xing Shen, Jing-Zhu Zhou, Jian-De Chen, and Yin-Ping Wang, “Effects and mechanisms of auricular vagus nerve stimulation on high fat diet induced obese rats,” Nutrition, 2015.
- Ying Lan, Xi Wu, Hui-Juan Tan, Nan Wu, Jing-Jing Xing, Fu-Sheng Wu, Lei-Xiao Zhang, and Fan-Rong Liang, “Auricular acupuncture with seed or pellet attachments for primary insomnia: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Tian-Tian Li, Zhao-Jun Wang, Song-Bai Yang, Jun-Hong Zhu, Shi-Zhong Zhang, San-Jin Cai, Wen-Han Ma, Ding-Qi Zhang, and Zhi-Gang Mei, “Transcutaneous electrical stimulation at auricular acupoints innervated by auricular branch of vagus nerve pairing tone for tinnitus: study protocol for a randomized controlled clinical trial,” Trials, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.
- Jason Smucny, Adrienne Visani, and Jason R. Tregellas, “Could Vagus Nerve Stimulation Target Hippocampal Hyperactivity to Improve Cognition in Schizophrenia?,” Frontiers in Psychiatry, vol. 6, 2015.
- H. Li, J. Yin, Z. Zhang, J. H. Winston, X.-Z. Shi, and J. D. Z. Chen, “Auricular vagal nerve stimulation ameliorates burn-induced gastric dysmotility via sympathetic-COX-2 pathways in rats,” Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 2015.
- Mei-Ling Yeh, Yu-Chun Chang, Yi-Ying Huang, and Tso-Ying Lee, “A Randomized Controlled Trial of Auricular Acupressure in Heart Rate Variability and Quality of Life for Hypertension,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2015.
- Pu-Wei Hou, Hsin-Cheng Hsu, Yi-Wen Lin, Nou-Ying Tang, Chin-Yi Cheng, and Ching-Liang Hsieh, “The History, Mechanism, and Clinical Application of Auricular Therapy in Traditional Chinese Medicine,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–13, 2015.
- Andréia Cristina de Oliveira Silva, Daniela Aparecida Biasotto-Gonzalez, Douglas Meira dos Santos, Nivea Cristina De Melo, Cid André Fidelis de Paula Gomes, César Ferreira Amorim, and Fabiano Politti, “Evaluation of the Immediate Effect of Auricular Acupuncture on Pain and Electromyographic Activity of the Upper Trapezius Muscle in Patients with Nonspecific Neck Pain: A Randomized, Single-Blinded, Sham-Controlled, Crossover Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.