- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 816501, 12 pages
Antidiabetic Properties of Germinated Brown Rice: A Systematic Review
1Laboratory of Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
3Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 30 August 2012; Revised 19 October 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: I-Min Liu
Copyright © 2012 Mustapha Umar Imam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mustapha Umar Imam, Maznah Ismail, Hairuszah Ithnin, Zaki Tubesha, and Abdul Rahman Omar, “Effects of Germinated Brown Rice and Its Bioactive Compounds on the Expression of the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma Gene,” Nutrients, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 468–477, 2013.
- Mustapha Umar Imam, Maznah Ismail, Abdul Rahman Omar, and Hairuszah Ithnin, “The Hypocholesterolemic Effect of Germinated Brown Rice Involves the Upregulation of the Apolipoprotein A1 and Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor Genes,” Journal Of Diabetes Research, 2013.
- Sani I Muhammad, Maznah Ismail, Rozi B Mahmud, Abubakar M Salisu, and Zuki A Zakaria, “Germinated brown rice and its bioactives modulate the activity of uterine cells in oophorectomised rats as evidenced by gross cytohistological and immunohistochemical changes,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 198, 2013.
- Qian Zhang, Jun Xiang, Lizhen Zhang, Xiaofeng Zhu, Jochem Evers, Wopke van der Werf, and Liusheng Duan, “Optimizing soaking and germination conditions to improve gamma-aminobutyric acid content in japonica and indica germinated brown rice,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 10, pp. 283–291, 2014.
- Bruno Burlando, and Laura Cornara, “Therapeutic properties of rice constituents and derivatives (Oryza sativa L.): A review update,” Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2014.
- Patricio J. Cáceres, Cristina Martínez-Villaluenga, Lourdes Amigo, and Juana Frias, “Maximising the phytochemical content and antioxidant activity of Ecuadorian brown rice sprouts through optimal germination conditions,” Food Chemistry, vol. 152, pp. 407–414, 2014.
- Mustapha Umar Imam, Aminu Ishaka, Der-Jiun Ooi, Nur Diyana Md Zamri, Nadarajan Sarega, Maznah Ismail, and Norhaizan Mohd Esa, “Germinated brown rice regulates hepatic cholesterol metabolism and cardiovascular disease risk in hypercholesterolaemic rats,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 8, pp. 193–203, 2014.
- Nur Diyana Md Zamri, Mustapha Umar Imam, Siti Aisyah Abd Ghafar, and Maznah Ismail, “ Antioxidative Effects of Germinated Brown Rice-Derived Extracts on H 2 O 2 -Induced Oxidative Stress in HepG2 Cells ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.