- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 816501, 12 pages
Antidiabetic Properties of Germinated Brown Rice: A Systematic Review
1Laboratory of Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
3Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 30 August 2012; Revised 19 October 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: I-Min Liu
Copyright © 2012 Mustapha Umar Imam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kamal A. Ketuly, A. Hamid A. Hadi, Shahram Golbabapour, Maryam Hajrezaie, Pouya Hassandarvish, Hapipah Mohd Ali, Nazia Abdul Majid, and Mahmood A. Abdulla, “Acute Toxicity and Gastroprotection Studies with a Newly Synthesized Steroi d,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Mustapha Umar Imam, Maznah Ismail, Hairuszah Ithnin, Zaki Tubesha, and Abdul Rahman Omar, “Effects of Germinated Brown Rice and Its Bioactive Compounds on the Express ion of the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma Gene,” Nutrients, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 468–477, 2013.
- Mustapha Umar Imam, Maznah Ismail, Abdul Rahman Omar, and Hairuszah Ithnin, “The Hypocholesterolemic Effect of Germinated Brown Rice Involves the Upregu lation of the Apolipoprotein A1 and Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor Genes,” Journal of Diabetes Research, 2013.
- Sani I Muhammad, Maznah Ismail, Rozi B Mahmud, Abubakar M Salisu, and Zuki A Zakaria, “Germinated brown rice and its bioactives modulate the activity of uterine cells in oophorectomised rats as evidenced by gross cytohistological and immunohistochemical changes,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 198, 2013.