- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 820415, 13 pages
Dietary Crocin Inhibits Colitis and Colitis-Associated Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Male ICR Mice
1Division of Palliative Care and Department of Internal Medicine, Tokai Central Hospital, 4-6-2 Sohara-Higashijima-cho, Kakamigahara 504-8601, Japan
2Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki International University, 2825-7 Huis Ten Bosch-cho, Sasebo 859-3298, Japan
3Department of Pathology, Murakami Memorial Hospital, Asahi University, 3-23 Hashimoto-cho, Gifu 500-8523, Japan
4Department of Pharmacy, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, 4-86 Minaminokawa-cho, Ogaki 503-8502, Japan
5Division of Cytopathology, The Tokai Cytopathology Institute: Cancer Research and Prevention (TCI-CaRP), 5-1-2 Minami-Uzura, Gifu 500-8285, Japan
6Department of Tumor Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu 501-1194, Japan
Received 5 November 2012; Revised 4 December 2012; Accepted 6 December 2012
Academic Editor: Chong-Zhi Wang
Copyright © 2012 Kunihiro Kawabata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jae Ho Choi, Sun Woo Jin, Bong Hwan Park, Hyung Gyun Kim, Tilak Khanal, Hwa Jeong Han, Yong Pil Hwang, Jun Min Choi, Young Chul Chung, Sang Kyu Hwang, Tae Cheon Jeong, and Hye Gwang Jeong, “Cultivated ginseng inhibits 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene-induced atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice and TNF-α/IFN-γ-induced TARC activation in HaCaT cells,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 56, pp. 195–203, 2013.
- Adrian L. Lopresti, and Peter D. Drummond, “ Saffron ( Crocus sativus ) for depression: a systematic review of clinical studies and examination of underlying antidepressant mechanisms of action ,” Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 2014.
- Wenkai Ren, Jie Yin, Miaomiao Wu, Gang Liu, Guan Yang, Yan Xion, Dingding Su, Li Wu, Tiejun Li, Shuai Chen, Jielin Duan, Yulong Yin, and Guoyao Wu, “Serum Amino Acids Profile and the Beneficial Effects of L-Arginine or L-Glutamine Supplementation in Dextran Sulfate Sodium Colitis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Masahito Shimizu, Takahiro Kochi, Yohei Shirakami, Salvatore Genovese, Francesco Epifano, Serena Fiorito, Takayuki Mori, Takuji Tanaka, and Hisataka Moriwaki, “
A newly synthesized compound, 4′-geranyloxyferulic acid-
l-arginine methyl ester suppresses inflammation-associated colorectal carcinogenesis in male mice ,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 135, no. 4, pp. 774–784, 2014.
- Kai Wang, Lei Zhang, Wei Rao, Ning Su, Hao Hui, Li Wang, Cheng Peng, Yue Tu, Sai Zhang, and Zhou Fei, “Neuroprotective effects of crocin against traumatic brain injury in mice: Involvement of notch signaling pathway,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 591, pp. 53–58, 2015.
- Bettina Faehnrich, Brigitte Lukas, Elke Humer, and Qendrim Zebeli, “Phytogenic pigments in animal nutrition: potentials and risks,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2015.
- Shohda A. El-Maraghy, Sherine M. Rizk, and Nancy N. Shahin, “Gastroprotective effect of crocin in ethanol-induced gastric injury in rats,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2015.
- Nehal M. Elsherbiny, Mohamed F. Salama, Eman Said, Mohamed El-Sherbiny, and Mohammed M.H. Al-Gayyar, “Crocin protects against Doxorubicin-induced myocardial toxicity in rats through down-regulation of inflammatory and apoptic pathways,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2016.