- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 825056, 5 pages
The Effects of Velvet Antler of Deer on Cardiac Functions of Rats with Heart Failure following Myocardial Infarction
1National Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine Center for Cardiovascular Disease, China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing 100029, China
2Laboratory of Traditional Chinese Internal Medicine, Dongzhimen Hospital, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700, China
Received 12 November 2011; Revised 12 February 2012; Accepted 13 February 2012
Academic Editor: Keji Chen
Copyright © 2012 Ming-Jing Shao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. X. Ji, J. Qian, F. J. Huang, W. T. Wu, et al., “Study on the active principles and pharmacological actions of hairy antler,” Chinese Journal of Biochemical Pharmaceutics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 141–143, 2009 (Chinese).
- D. Gu, G. Huang, X. Wu, et al., “Investigation of prevalence and distributing feature of chronic heart failure in Chinese adult population,” Chinese Journal of Cardiology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 3–6, 2003 (Chinese).
- Y. Zhang, X. Huang, J. Sun, et al., “Protective effect of alcholic extractive of cornu cervi against myocardial damage of acute myocardial infarction model rats and influence on plasma ET,” Chinese Journal of Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 40–41, 2007 (Chinese).
- L. Yuan, F. Bo, and Y. Zhang, “The effection of cornu cervi on the content of SOD, MDA during the later stage of acute myocardial ischemic in rat,” Journal of Changchun University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 21–22, 2007 (Chinese).
- L. Yuan, The mechanisms of velvet on myocardial protection after myocaridial ischeamia, thesis, Changchun University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changchun, China, 2007.
- T. Gu, Y. Ma, X. Zhang, et al., “Protective effects of pantocrine on rat myocardium with ischemia reperfusion injury by modifying the activity of Na+-K+-ATPase,” Journal of China Medical University, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 282–285, 1999 (Chinese).
- G. De Simone, D. C. Wallerson, M. Volpe, and R. B. Devereux, “Echocardiographic measurement of left ventricular mass and volume in normotensive and hypertensive rats. Necropsy validation,” American Journal of Hypertension, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 688–696, 1990.
- W. J. Remme and K. Swedberg, “Comprehensive guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic heart failure: task force for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology,” European Journal of Heart Failure, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 11–22, 2002.
- M. A. Sevilla, F. Voces, R. Carrón et al., “Amlodipine decreases fibrosis and cardiac hypertrophy in spontaneously hypertensive rats: persistent effects after withdrawal,” Life Sciences, vol. 75, no. 7, pp. 881–891, 2004.
- T. Tsuruda, G. Boerrigter, B. K. Huntley et al., “Brain natriuretic peptide is produced in cardiac fibroblasts and induces matrix metalloproteinases,” Circulation Research, vol. 91, no. 12, pp. 1127–1134, 2002.
- A. M. Wu, M. J. Zhao, and D. M. Zhang, “Characteristics of TCM syndrome and appraisal with echocardiography in heart failure rats after myocardial infarction,” Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 227–230, 2007 (Chinese).
- C. C. Fan, The effects of extracts of velvet on a rat model of chronic heart failure, thesis, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Beijing, China, 2007.