- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 841315, 7 pages
Safety and Efficacy Profile of Echinacea purpurea to Prevent Common Cold Episodes: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
1Common Cold Centre and Healthcare, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3XQ, UK
2Cardiff School of Biosciences, Common Cold Centre, The Sir Martin Evans Building, Museum Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3AX, UK
3D. S. H. Statistical Services GmbH, 85296 Rohrbach, Germany
Received 27 April 2012; Revised 10 August 2012; Accepted 21 August 2012
Academic Editor: Dietlind Wahner-Roedler
Copyright © 2012 M. Jawad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Andreas Schapowal, “Efficacy and safety of Echinaforce® in respiratory tract infections,” Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift, vol. 163, no. 3-4, pp. 102–105, 2012.
- E. Ernst, “Echinacea prevents common colds,” MMW-Fortschritte der Medizin, vol. 154, no. 19, pp. 29, 2012.
- Weena Jiratchariyakul, and Gail B. Mahady, “Overview of Botanical Status in EU, USA, and Thailand,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Maria Passioti, Spyridon Megremis, and Nikolaos G. Papadopoulos, “The Common Cold: Potential for Future Prevention or Cure,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 14, no. 2, 2014.