- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 857123, 8 pages
Stimulation of TRPV1 by Green Laser Light
1Shanghai Research Center for Acupuncture and Meridians, 199 Guoshoujing Road, Shanghai 201203, China
2Acupuncture and Moxibution College, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1200 Cailun Road, Shanghai 201203, China
3State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200031, China
4Institute for Biophysics, J. W. Goethe University, Max-von-Laue Stra
Received 20 September 2012; Revised 6 November 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Di Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Quanbao Gu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Mester, A. F. Mester, and A. Mester, “The biomedical effects of laser application,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 31–39, 1985.
- P. Whittaker, “Laser acupuncture: past, present, and future,” Lasers in Medical Science, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 69–80, 2004.
- T. Karu, “Primary and secondary mechanisms of action of visible to near-IR radiation on cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1999.
- T. I. Karu, L. V. Pyatibrat, and N. I. Afanasyeva, “A novel mitochondrial signaling pathway activated by visible-to-near infrared radiation,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 366–372, 2004.
- G. Litscher, High-Tech Acupuncture & Integrative Laser Medicine, Pabst Science Publishers, Lengerich, Germany, 2012, edited by G. Litscher, X. Y. Gao, L. Wang and B. Zhu.
- D. Zhang, G. Ding, X. Shen et al., “Role of mast cells in acupuncture effect: a pilot study,” Explore, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 170–177, 2008.
- X. Y. Shen, L. Zhao, G. H. Ding et al., “Effect of combined laser acupuncture on knee osteoarthritis: a pilot study,” Lasers in Medical Science, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 129–136, 2009.
- D. Zhang, A. Spielmann, L. Wang, G. Ding, F. Huang, and Q. Gu, “Mast-cell degranulation induced by physicsl stimuli involves the activation of transient-receptor-potential channel TRPV2,” Physiological Research, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 113–124, 2012.
- G. Litscher, “Integrative laser medicine and high-tech acupunctre at the Medical University of Graz,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 103109, 21 pages, 2012.
- W. Z. Yang, J. Y. Chen, J. T. Yu, and L. W. Zhou, “Effects of low power laser irradiation on intracellular calcium and histamine release in RBL-2H3 mast cells,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 979–984, 2007.
- J. N. Dumont, “Oogenesis in Xenopus laevis (Daudin). I. Stages of oocyte development in laboratory maintained animals,” Journal of Morphology, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 153–179, 1972.
- M. J. Caterina, M. A. Schumacher, M. Tominaga, T. A. Rosen, J. D. Levine, and D. Julius, “The capsaicin receptor: a heat-activated ion channel in the pain pathway,” Nature, vol. 389, no. 6653, pp. 816–824, 1997.
- J. Vriens, G. Appendino, and B. Nilius, “Pharmacology of vanilloid transient receptor potential cation channels,” Molecular Pharmacology, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1262–1279, 2009.
- C. Garcia-Martinez, C. Morenilla-Palao, R. Planells-Cases, J. M. Merino, and A. Ferrer-Montiel, “Identification of an aspartic residue in the P-loop of the vanilloid receptor that modulates pore properties,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 42, pp. 32552–32558, 2000.
- M. Raisinghani, R. M. Pabbidi, and L. S. Premkumar, “Activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) by resiniferatoxin,” Journal of Physiology, vol. 567, no. 3, pp. 771–786, 2005.
- M. J. Caterina, A. Leffler, A. B. Malmberg et al., “Impaired nociception and pain sensation in mice lacking the capsaicin receptor,” Science, vol. 288, no. 5464, pp. 306–313, 2000.
- R. Vennekens, G. Owsianik, and B. Nilius, “Vanilloid transient receptor potential cation channels: an overview,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 18–31, 2008.
- H. M. Langevin, D. L. Churchill, J. R. Fox, G. J. Badger, B. S. Garra, and M. H. Krag, “Biomechanical response to acupuncture needling in humans,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 2471–2478, 2001.
- H. M. Langevin, “Connective tissue: a body-wide signaling network?” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 1074–1077, 2006.
- H. M. Langevin, D. L. Churchill, J. Wu et al., “Evidence of connective tissue involvement in acupuncture,” The FASEB Journal, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 872–874, 2002.
- J. F. Zhang and Y. C. Wu, “Modern progress of mechanism of moxibustion therapy,” Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 257–260, 2006.
- G. Litscher and D. Schikora, Laserneedle—Acupuncture: Science and Practice, Pabst Science Publishers, Lengerich, Germany, 2007, edited by G. Litscher and D. Schikora.
- R. R. Anderson and J. A. Parrish, “The optics of human skin,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 13–19, 1981.
- X. Y. Gao, G. Litscher, K. Liu, and B. Zhu, “Sino-European transcontinental basic and clinical high-tech acupuncture studies-part 3: violet laser stimulation in anesthetized rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 402590, 8 pages, 2012.
- R. Chow, P. Armati, E. L. Laakso, J. M. Bjordal, and G. D. Baxter, “Inhibitory effects of laser irradiation on peripheral mammalian nerves and relevance to analgesic effects: a systematic review,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 365–381, 2011.
- T. S. Abraham, M. L. Chen, and S. X. Ma, “TRPV1 expression in acupuncture points: response to electroacupuncture stimulation,” Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 129–136, 2011.