- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872458, 8 pages
Active Hydrophilic Components of the Medicinal Herb Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) Potently Inhibit Organic Anion Transporters 1 (Slc22a6) and 3 (Slc22a8)
Department of Pharmaceutics, Virginia Commonwealth University, 410 N 12th Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Received 19 April 2012; Revised 25 May 2012; Accepted 31 May 2012
Academic Editor: Youn Chul Kim
Copyright © 2012 Li Wang and Douglas H. Sweet. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dhanapalan Karthik, Elumalai Arunkumar, Periasamy Viswanathan, and Carani Venkatraman Anuradha, “Rosmarinic acid treatment alleviates fibrotic changes in the myocardium induced in a rat model of insulin resistance,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 2, pp. S920–S926, 2012.
- Li Wang, Xiaolei Pan, and Douglas H. Sweet, “The anthraquinone drug rhein potently interferes with organic anion transporter-mediated renal elimination,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2013.
- Aditi Mulgaonkar, Juergen Venitz, Dirk Gruendemann, and Douglas H. Sweet, “Human Organic Cation Transporters 1 (SLC22A1), 2 (SLC22A2), and 3 (SLC22A3) as Disposition Pathways for Fluoroquinolone Antimicrobials,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 2705–2711, 2013.
- Li Wang, and Douglas H. Sweet, “Renal Organic Anion Transporters (SLC22 Family): Expression, Regulation, Ro les in Toxicity, and Impact on Injury and Disease,” Aaps Journal, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 53–69, 2013.
- Li Wang, “Competitive Inhibition of Human Organic Anion Transporters 1 (SLC22A6), 3 ( SLC22A8) and 4 (SLC22A11) by Major Components of the Medicinal Herb Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen),” Drug Metabolism And Pharmacokinetics, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 220–228, 2013.
- Li Wang, and Douglas H. Sweet, “Interaction of Natural Dietary and Herbal Anionic Compounds and Flavonoids with Human Organic Anion Transporters 1 (SLC22A6), 3 (SLC22A8), and 4 (SLC22A11),” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Matthew S. Halquist, and Douglas H. Sweet, “Simultaneous determination of gallic acid and gentisic acid in organic anio n transporter expressing cells by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectro metry,” Journal Of Chromatography B-Analytical Technologies In The Biomedical And L, vol. 937, pp. 91–96, 2013.
- Lia Ascensao, and Maria L. M. Serralheiro, “Effect of luteolin and apigenin on rosmarinic acid bioavailability in Caco- 2 cell monolayers,” Food & Function, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 426–431, 2013.