- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 878673, 9 pages
Neuroendocrine Mechanisms of Acupuncture in the Treatment of Hypertension
1Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
2Department of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Received 14 May 2011; Accepted 6 September 2011
Academic Editor: Fengxia Liang
Copyright © 2012 Wei Zhou and John C. Longhurst. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bo-Yan Yeh, Yi-Chun Hsu, Jyun-Yan Huang, I-Ting Shih, Wei-Jia Zhuo, Yung-Fong Tsai, Chee-Jen Chang, and Huang-Ping Yu, “Effect of electroacupuncture in postanesthetic shivering during regional anesthesia: a randomized controlled trial,” Bmc Complementary And Alternative Medicine, vol. 12, 2012.
- Juan Li, Qing Wang, Huiling Liang, Haoxu Dong, Yan Li, Ernest Hung Yu Ng, and Xiaoke Wu, “Biophysical Characteristics of Meridians and Acupoints: A Systematic Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Jie Wang, Xingjiang Xiong, and Wei Liu, “Acupuncture for essential hypertension,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2013.
- Kwokming James Cheng, “Neurobiological Mechanisms of Acupuncture for Some Common Illnesses: A Clinician's Perspective,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2013.
- Cheng-Rong Zhang, Chun-Mei Xia, Mei-Yan Jiang, Min-Xia Zhu, Ji-Min Zhu, Dong-Shu Du, Min Liu, Jin Wang, and Da-Nian Zhu, “Repeated electroacupuncture attenuating of apelin expression and function in the rostral ventrolateral medulla in stress-induced hypertensive rats,” Brain Research Bulletin, 2013.
- Hreday N. Sapru, “Role of the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus in cardiovascular regulation,” Autonomic Neuroscience, vol. 175, no. 1-2, pp. 38–50, 2013.
- Malcolm B. Taw, Chau T. Nguyen, and Marilene B. Wang, “Complementary and Integrative Medicine,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, 2013.
- Marco Antonio Helio da Silva, and Peter T. Dorsher, “Neuroanatomic and Clinical Correspondences: Acupuncture and Vagus Nerve Stimulation,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 131220063219001, 2013.
- Juan Li, Hui Zheng, Ling Zhao, Ying Li, Yan Zhang, Xiao-rong Chang, Rui-hui Wang, Jing Shi, Jin Cui, Yin-lan Huang, Xiang Li, Jie Chen, De-hua Li, and Fan-rong Liang, “Acupuncture for patients with mild hypertension: study protocol of an open-label multicenter randomized controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 14, 2013.
- Qian-Qian Li, Guang-Xia Shi, Qian Xu, Jing Wang, Cun-Zhi Liu, and Lin-Peng Wang, “Acupuncture Effect and Central Autonomic Regulation,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Wei Zhou, and Peyman Benharash, “Effects and Mechanisms of Acupuncture Based on the Principle of Meridians,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2014.
- Luyao Ma, Baiping Cui, Yongfeng Shao, Buqing Ni, Weiran Zhang, Yonggang Luo, and Shijiang Zhang, “Electroacupuncture improves cardiac function and remodeling by inhibition of sympathoexcitation in chronic heart failure rats,” American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 306, no. 10, 2014.
- Nour Athiroh, Nur Permatasari, Djanggan Sargowo, and M. Aris Widodo, “Antioxidative and blood pressure-lowering effects of Scurrula atropurpurea on deoxycorticosterone acetate–salt hypertensive rats,” Biomarkers and Genomic Medicine, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 32–36, 2014.
- ZhengLin Zhao, Bong Hyo Lee, Feng Lin, YanQin Guo, YiYan Wu, Sunghyeon In, Sang Mi Park, Sang Chan Kim, Chae Ha Yang, and RongJie Zhao, “Effects of Acupuncture at Zu-San-Li (ST36) on the Activity of the Hypothalamic–Pituitary–Adrenal Axis during Ethanol Withdrawal in Rats,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2014.
- Fritz Hudnut, “Comment on "Beyond Medications and Diet: Alternative Approaches to Lowering Blood Pressure: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association",” Hypertension, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. E3–E3, 2014.
- Dong-Ze Li, Yu Zhou, Yi-Ning Yang, Yi-Tong Ma, Xiao-Mei Li, Jing Yu, Yan Zhao, Hui Zhai, and Lixing Lao, “Acupuncture for Essential Hypertension: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Sham-Controlled Clinical Trials,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Jia-You Wang, Hui Li, Chun-Mei Ma, Jia-Lu Wang, Xin-Sheng Lai, and Shu-Feng Zhou, “MicroRNA Profiling Response to Acupuncture Therapy in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.