- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 878673, 9 pages
Neuroendocrine Mechanisms of Acupuncture in the Treatment of Hypertension
1Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
2Department of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Received 14 May 2011; Accepted 6 September 2011
Academic Editor: Fengxia Liang
Copyright © 2012 Wei Zhou and John C. Longhurst. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bo-Yan Yeh, Yi-Chun Hsu, Jyun-Yan Huang, I-Ting Shih, Wei-Jia Zhuo, Yung-Fong Tsai, Chee-Jen Chang, and Huang-Ping Yu, “Effect of electroacupuncture in postanesthetic shivering during regional an esthesia: a randomized controlled trial,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 12, 2012.
- Juan Li, Qing Wang, Huiling Liang, Haoxu Dong, Yan Li, Ernest Hung Yu Ng, and Xiaoke Wu, “Biophysical Characteristics of Meridians and Acupoints: A Systematic Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Jie Wang, Xingjiang Xiong, and Wei Liu, “Acupuncture for essential hypertension,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2013.
- Kwokming James Cheng, “Neurobiological Mechanisms of Acupuncture for Some Common Illnesses: A Clinician's Perspective,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2013.
- Cheng-Rong Zhang, Chun-Mei Xia, Mei-Yan Jiang, Min-Xia Zhu, Ji-Min Zhu, Dong-Shu Du, Min Liu, Jin Wang, and Da-Nian Zhu, “Repeated electroacupuncture attenuating of apelin expression and function in the rostral ventrolateral medulla in stress-induced hypertensive rats,” Brain Research Bulletin, 2013.
- Hreday N. Sapru, “Role of the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus in cardiovascular regulation,” Autonomic Neuroscience, vol. 175, no. 1-2, pp. 38–50, 2013.
- Malcolm B. Taw, Chau T. Nguyen, and Marilene B. Wang, “Complementary and Integrative Medicine,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, 2013.
- Qian-Qian Li, Guang-Xia Shi, Qian Xu, Jing Wang, Cun-Zhi Liu, and Lin-Peng Wang, “Acupuncture Effect and Central Autonomic Regulation,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.