- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 892697, 11 pages
Study of the Effects of Monacolin K and Other Constituents of Red Yeast Rice on Obesity, Insulin-Resistance, Hyperlipidemia, and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Using a Mouse Model of Metabolic Syndrome
1Department of Japanese Oriental Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama 930-0194, Japan
2Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama 930-0194, Japan
3School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City 24205, Taiwan
4Department of Hyperbaric Medicine, Cardinal Tien Hospital, Hsintien, Taipei County 231, Taiwan
5Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
6Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
7Department of Environment and Humanity, Faculty of Human Development, University of Toyama, Toyama 930-8555, Japan
Received 29 August 2012; Accepted 1 December 2012
Academic Editor: Elisabet Stener-Victorin
Copyright © 2012 Makoto Fujimoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Wei-Hsuan Hsu, Si-Shi Lu, Bao-Hong Lee, Ya-Wen Hsu, and Tzu-Ming Pan, “Monacolin K and monascin attenuated pancreas impairment and hyperglycemia induced by advanced glycation endproducts in BALB/c mice,” Food & Function, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 1742–1750, 2013.
- Bruno Burlando, and Laura Cornara, “Therapeutic properties of rice constituents and derivatives (Oryza sativa L.): A review update,” Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2014.
- Mark Houston, “The role of nutrition and nutritional supplements in the treatment of dyslipidemia,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 333–354, 2014.
- Makoto Fujimoto, Koichi Tsuneyama, Yuko Nakanishi, Thucydides L. Salunga, Kazuhiro Nomoto, Yoshiyuki Sasaki, Seiichi Iizuka, Mitsunobu Nagata, Wataru Suzuki, Tsutomu Shimada, Masaki Aburada, Yutaka Shimada, M. Eric Gershwin, and Carlo Selmi, “A Dietary Restriction Influences the Progression But Not the Initiation of MSG-Induced Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis,” Journal of Medicinal Food, pp. 140303133913004, 2014.
- Massimiliano Ruscica, Monica Gomaraschi, Giuliana Mombelli, Chiara Macchi, Raffaella Bosisio, Franco Pazzucconi, Chiara Pavane, Laura Calabresi, Anna Arnoldi, Cesare R. Sirtori, and Paolo Magni, “Nutraceutical approach to moderate cardiometabolic risk: Results of a randomized, double-blind and crossover study with Armolipid Plus,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 61–68, 2014.
- Iva Boušová, Petra Matoušková, Hana Bártíková, Barbora Szotáková, Veronika Hanušová, Veronika Tománková, Eva Anzenbacherová, Barbora Lišková, Pavel Anzenbacher, and Lenka Skálová, “Influence of diet supplementation with green tea extract on drug-metabolizing enzymes in a mouse model of monosodium glutamate-induced obesity,” European Journal of Nutrition, 2015.
- Petra Matouskova, Hana Bartikova, Iva Bousova, Lucie Levorova, Barbora Szotakova, and Lenka Skalova, “Drug-Metabolizing and Antioxidant Enzymes in Monosodium L-Glutamate Obese Mice,” Drug Metabolism And Disposition, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 258–265, 2015.