- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 902578, 16 pages
Prescription of Chinese Herbal Medicine and Selection of Acupoints in Pattern-Based Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment for Insomnia: A Systematic Review
1Department of Psychiatry, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
2School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
3School of Chinese Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4Chinese Medicine Section, Hospital Authority, Hong Kong
Received 13 July 2012; Revised 13 October 2012; Accepted 20 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jianping Liu
Copyright © 2012 Wing-Fai Yeung et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Abhijit Dey, and Amrita Dey, “Phytotherapy against insomnia: Extravagant claims or an alternative medicine?,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 148–150, 2013.
- Shun Xiao, Cui Hao, Ni Ai, Kedi Luo, Xuexun Wen, Shufang Wang, and Xiaohui Fan, “Deciphering the differentiations of traditional Chinese medicine analogous formulae by parallel liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry coupled with microplate-based assays,” Analytical Methods, vol. 6, no. 23, pp. 9283–9290, 2014.
- Jae Joon Choi, Eun-Hye Oh, Mi Kyeong Lee, Youn Bok Chung, Jin Tae Hong, and Ki-Wan Oh, “ Gastrodiae Rhizoma Ethanol Extract Enhances Pentobarbital-Induced Sleeping Behaviors and Rapid Eye Movement Sleep via the Activation of GABA A -ergic Transmission in Rodents ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Bih-Ru Wang, Yuh-Lih Chang, Tzeng-Ji Chen, Jen-Hwey Chiu, Jing Chong Wu, Min-Shan Wu, Chia-Lin Chou, and Yueh-Ching Chou, “Coprescription of Chinese herbal medicine and Western medication among female patients with breast cancer in Taiwan: analysis of national insurance claims,” Patient Preference and Adherence, vol. 8, pp. 671–682, 2014.
- Xiaojia Ni, Johannah Linda Shergis, Xinfeng Guo, Anthony Lin Zhang, Yan Li, Chuanjian Lu, and Charlie Changli Xue, “Updated clinical evidence of Chinese herbal medicine for insomnia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Sleep Medicine, 2015.
- Ka-Fai Chung, Wing-Fai Yeung, Yee-Man Yu, Kam-Ping Yung, Shi-Ping Zhang, Zhang-Jin Zhang, Man-Tak Wong, Wing-King Lee, and Lai-Wah Chan, “Acupuncture for Residual Insomnia Associated With Major Depressive Disorder: A Placebo- and Sham-Controlled, Subject- and Assessor-Blind, Randomized T,” Journal Of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. E752–+, 2015.
- Wing-Fai Yeung, Ka-Fai Chung, Ka-Yan Ng, Yee-Man Yu, Shi-Ping Zhang, Bacon Fung-Leung Ng, and Eric Tat-Chi Ziea, “Prescription of Chinese Herbal Medicine in Pattern-Based Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment for Depression: A Systematic Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–12, 2015.
- Ka-Fai Chung, Wing-Fai Yeung, Feona Chung-Yin Leung, and Shi-Ping Zhang, “Traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis and response to acupuncture for insomnia: An analysis of two randomized placebo-controlled trials,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2016.
- Wing-Fai Yeung, Ka-Fai Chung, Nevin Lian-Wen Zhang, Shi Ping Zhang, Kam-Ping Yung, Pei-Xian Chen, and Yan-Yee Ho, “Identification of Chinese medicine syndromes in persistent insomnia associated with major depressive disorder: a latent tree analysis,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016.
- Ameneh Barikani, Akram Beheshti, Maryam Javadi, Sepideh Farahani, and Firooz Barikani, “Viewpoints of Patients in Qazvin Towards Complementary and Alternative Medicine,” Biotechnology and Health Sciences, vol. InPress, no. InPress, 2016.