- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 923153, 6 pages
Impact of Transcendental Meditation on Left Ventricular Mass in African American Adolescents
1Department of Pediatrics, Georgia Prevention Institute, Georgia Health Sciences University, HS1640, Augusta, GA 30912-3710, USA
2Colleges of Nursing and Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Room 418, 99 Jonathan Lucas Street, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Received 14 October 2011; Revised 13 February 2012; Accepted 23 March 2012
Academic Editor: Ka Kit Hui
Copyright © 2012 Vernon A. Barnes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [2 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Robert H. Schneider, Clarence E. Grim, Maxwell V. Rainforth, Theodore Kotchen, Sanford I. Nidich, Carolyn Gaylord-King, John W. Salerno, Jane Morley Kotchen, and Charles N. Alexander, “Stress Reduction in the Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease Rand omized, Controlled Trial of Transcendental Meditation and Health Education in Blacks,” Circulation-Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 750–758, 2012.
- Vernon A. Barnes, and David W. Orme-Johnson, “Prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease in adolescents and adults through the transcendental meditation® program: A research review update,” Current Hypertension Reviews, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 227–242, 2012.