- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 945910, 10 pages
Development and Validation of the Quality-of-Life Assessment System for Lung Cancer Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine
1School of Humanities and Management and Research Center on Quality of Life and Applied Psychology, Guangdong Medical College, Dongguan 523808, China
2Longhua Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 725 South Wanping Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Received 22 August 2012; Revised 11 October 2012; Accepted 20 November 2012
Academic Editor: Christopher G. Lis
Copyright © 2012 Chonghua Wan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Ferlay, H. R. Shin, F. Bray, D. Forman, C. Mathers, and D. M. Parkin, “Estimates of worldwide burden of cancer in 2008: GLOBOCAN 2008,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 127, no. 12, pp. 2893–2917, 2010.
- R. Siegel, E. Ward, O. Brawley, and A. Jemal, “Cancer statistics, 2011: the impact of eliminating socioeconomic and racial disparities on premature cancer deaths,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 212–236, 2011.
- P. Fayers and A. Bottomley, “Quality of life research within the EORTC—the EORTC QLQ-C30,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 38, supplement 4, pp. S125–S133, 2002.
- P. M. Fayers, S. Weeden, and D. Curran, EORTC QLQ-C30 Scoring Manual, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Brussels, Belgium, 2001.
- C. Wan, C. Zhang, X. Tu et al., “Validation of the simplified Chinese version of the quality of life instrument EORTC QLQ-LC43 for patients with lung cancer,” Cancer Investigation, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 504–510, 2008.
- W. C. Chie, C. H. Yang, C. Hsu, and P. C. Yang, “Quality of life of lung cancer patients: validation of the Taiwan Chinese version of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and QLQ-LC13,” Quality of Life Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 257–262, 2004.
- D. Cella, D. T. Eton, D. L. Fairclough et al., “What is a clinically meaningful change on the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Lung (FACT-L) questionnaire?: results from Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) study 5592,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 285–295, 2002.
- R. J. Gralla, M. J. Edelman, F. C. Detterbeck et al., “Assessing quality of life following neoadjuvant therapy for early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): results from a prospective analysis using the Lung Cancer Symptom Scale (LCSS),” Supportive Care in Cancer, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 307–313, 2009.
- P. M. Fayers, N. M. Bleehen, D. J. Girling, and R. J. Stephens, “Assessment of quality of life in small-cell lung cancer using a Daily Diary Card developed by the Medical Research Council lung cancer working party,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 299–306, 1991.
- W. Xu, A. D. Towers, P. Li, and J. P. Collet, “Traditional Chinese medicine in cancer care: perspectives and experiences of patients and professionals in China,” European Journal of Cancer Care, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 397–403, 2006.
- Tcmpage.com, Introduction to TCM, Traditional Chinese Medicine Information Page, 2009, http://www.tcmpage.com/.
- W. Kuyken, “The World Health Organization Quality of Life Assessment (WHOQOL): position paper from the World Health Organization,” Social Science and Medicine, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1403–1409, 1995.
- B. Patwardhan, D. Warude, P. Pushpangadan, and N. Bhatt, “Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine: a comparative overview,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 465–473, 2005.
- S. N. Haynes, D. C. S. Richard, and E. S. Kubany, “Content validity in psychological assessment: a functional approach to concepts and methods,” Psychological Assessment, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 238–247, 1995.
- J. B. Ullman and P. M. Bentler, “Structural equation modeling,” in Handbook of Psychology, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- R. K. Henson, “Understanding internal consistency reliability estimates: a conceptual primer on coefficient alpha,” Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 177–189, 2001.
- D. L. Streiner and G. R. Norman, Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1995.
- J. A. Husted, R. J. Cook, V. T. Farewell, and D. D. Gladman, “Methods for assessing responsiveness: a critical review and recommendations,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 459–468, 2000.