- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 948375, 9 pages
Toxicity of a Novel Herbomineral Preparation Las01 on Human Cancer Cell Lines and Its Safety Profile in Humans and Animals
R & D Division Lavanya Ayurveda Biotech Park, Lavanya Ayurvedic Hospital and Cancer Research Centre, Chinhat, Dewa Road, Lucknow 226016, India
Received 30 November 2011; Revised 18 June 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editor: Francesca Borrelli
Copyright © 2012 Saba Sheikh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. J. Picozzi, B. L. Pohlman, V. A. Morrison et al., “Patterns of chemotherapy administration in patients with intermediate-grade non-hodgkin's lymphoma,” Oncology, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1296–1306, 2001.
- Z. Mankad, Clinical study of the role of rasayana as a pre adjuvant and post treatment of chemotherapy in the management of carcinoma [M.S. thesis], I.P.G.T & R.A., Gujarat Ayurved University, 2007.
- S. Vagbhattacharya, R. Samuchchaya, and D. A. kulkari, Hindi Commentary, Purvardhha 1/28, Meharchand Laxmandas, New Delhi, India, 1998.
- P. Vyas, A clinical study on the rasayana as a pre adjuvant as a radio protective and chemotherapy in the management of carcinoma [M.S. thesis], I.P.G.T & R.A., Gujarat Ayurved University, 2005.
- K. gopal Rastantra Vol.1, pp.227-279 edition 5 , 1947.
- P. K. Sarkar, P. K. Prajapati, V. J. Shukla, B. Ravishankar, and A. K. Choudhary, “Toxicity and recovery studies of two ayurvedic preparations of iron,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 987–992, 2009.
- D. L. Drabkin and J. M. Austin, “Spectrophotometric studies, spectrophotometric constants for common haemoglobin derivatives in human, dog and rabbit blood,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 98, pp. 719–733, 1932.
- M. R. Glick, K. W. Ryder, and S. A. Jackson, “Graphical comparisons of interferences in clinical chemistry instrumentation,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 470–475, 1986.
- H. Passing and W. A. Bablok, “New biochemical procedure for testing the quality of measurements from two analytical methods,” Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 81, pp. 709–720, 1983.
- O. Muller-Plathe, “Acid base balance and blood gases,” in Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, L. Thomas, Ed., pp. 318–329, TH-Books Verlagsgesell-Schaft, Frankfurt, Germany, 1998.
- T. C. Chou and P. Talalay, “Quantitative analysis of dose-effect relationships: the combined effects of multiple drugs or enzyme inhibitors,” Advances in Enzyme Regulation, vol. 22, pp. 27–55, 1984.
- A. Srinivas, P. A. Surekha, A. S. Kishore, M. Srinivasana, P. B. Murthy, and P. N. Reddy, “Toxicity profiles of abharak and tamar bhasmas in different vehicles,” Journal of Herbal Medicine and Toxicology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 189–196, 2010.
- A. B. Miller, B. Hoogstraten, M. Staquet, and A. Winkler, “Reporting results of cancer treatment,” Cancer, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 207–214, 1981.
- C. A. Klein, “Cancer: the metastasis cascade,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5897, pp. 1785–1787, 2008.
- A. Dasgupta and C. A. Hammett-Stabler, Herbal Supplements: Efficacy, Toxicity, Interactions With Western Drugs and Effects on Clinical Laboratory Tests, Herbal Supplements, Hammonton, NJ, USA, 2010.
- Y. W. Hu, C. Y. Liu, C. M. Du, J. Zhang, W. Q. Wu, and Z. L. Gu, “Induction of apoptosis in human hepatocarcinoma SMMC-7721 cells in vitro by flavonoids from Astragalus complanatus,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 293–301, 2009.
- C. Clemedson and B. Ekwall, “Overview of the final MEIC results: I. The in vitro—in vitro evaluation,” Toxicology in Vitro, vol. 13, no. 4-5, pp. 657–663, 1999.
- E. M. Scheers, B. Ekwall, and P. J. Dierickx, “In vitro long-term cytotoxicity testing of 27 MEIC chemicals on Hep G2 cells and comparison with acute human toxicity data,” Toxicology in Vitro, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 153–161, 2001.
- J. Weyermann, D. Lochmann, and A. Zimmer, “A practical note on the use of cytotoxicity assays,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 288, no. 2, pp. 369–376, 2005.