- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 967968, 9 pages
Efficacy of Chuanxiong Ding Tong Herbal Formula Granule in the Treatment and Prophylactic of Migraine Patients: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Multicenter, Placebo-Controlled Trial
1Department of Neurology, Dongzhimen Hospital, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, No. 5 Haiyun Cang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing 100700, China
2Key Laboratory for Internal Chinese Medicine of Ministry of Education and Beijing, Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, No. 5 Haiyun Cang, Dong Cheng District, Beijing 100700, China
3Department of Neurology, The Affiliated Hospital to Changchun University of Chinese Medicine, No. 1478 Gongnong Avenue, Chaoyang District, Changchun 130021, China
4Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 6 Tiantan Xili, Dong Cheng District, Beijing 100050, China
5Department of Neurology, Taian Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, No. 216 Yingxuan Avenue, Taian 271000, China
6Department of Neurology, Xiamen Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, No. 1739 Xianyue Road, Xiamen 361001, China
7Department of Neurology, Hubei Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, No. 4 Huayuan Shan,Wuchang District, Wuhan 430061, China
8Department of Neurology, The First Subsidiary Affiliated Hospital of Anhui College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, No.117 Meishan Road, Hefei 230031, China
9Department of Neurology, Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, No. 1 Xiyuan Playground, Haidian District, Beijing 100091, China
10China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, No. 16 South Street, Dong zhimen nei, Dong Cheng District, Beijing 100700, China
Received 25 July 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editor: Alan Bensoussan
Copyright © 2012 Caihong Fu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Voigt, J. Liebnitzky, U. Burmeister et al., “Efficacy of osteopathic manipulative treatment of female patients with migraine: results of a randomized controlled trial,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 225–230, 2011.
- J. J. Gagne, B. Leas, J. H. Lofland, N. Goldfarb, F. Freitag, and S. Silberstein, “Quality of care measures for migraine: a comprehensive review,” Disease Management, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 138–146, 2007.
- M. Diamond, C. Dahlöf, G. Papadopoulos, W. Neto, and S. C. Wu, “Topiramate improves health-related quality of life when used to prevent migraine,” Headache, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1023–1030, 2005.
- P. J. Goadsby, R. B. Lipton, and M. D. Ferrari, “Migraine—current understanding and treatment,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 346, no. 4, pp. 257–270, 2002.
- B. Engmann, “Bipolar affective disorder and migraine,” Case Reports in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 389851, 3 pages, 2012.
- M. E. Bigal and R. B. Lipton, “The epidemiology, burden, and comorbidities of migraine,” Neurologic Clinics, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 321–334, 2009.
- M. Menken, T. L. Munsat, and J. F. Toole, “The global burden of disease study: Implications for neurology,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 418–420, 2000.
- Headache Classification Subcommittee of the International Headache Society, “The international classification of headache disorders: 2nd edition,” Cephalalgia, vol. 24, supplement 1, pp. 9–160, 2004.
- D. L. Campinha-Bacote, J. B. Kendle, C. Jones et al., “Impact of a migraine management program on improving health outcomes,” Disease Management, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 382–391, 2005.
- P. J. Goadsby and T. Sprenger, “Current practice and future directions in the prevention and acute management of migraine,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 285–298, 2010.
- N. M. Ramadan, S. D. Silberstein, F. G. Freitag, et al., “Evidence based guidelines for migraine headache in the primary care setting: pharmacological management for prevention of migraine,” 2007, http://www.aan.com/professionals/practice/pdfs/gl0090.pdf.
- S. D. Silberstein, “Preventive treatment of migraine,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 410–415, 2006.
- R. B. Lipton, W. F. Stewart, R. Cady et al., “Sumatriptan for the range of headaches in migraine sufferers: results of the spectrum study,” Headache, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 783–791, 2000.
- P. Irimia, J. A. Palma, R. Fernandez-Torron, and E. Martinez-Vila, “Refractory migraine in a headache clinic population,” BMC Neurology, vol. 11, article 94, 2011.
- A. I. Scher, W. F. Stewart, and R. B. Lipton, “Caffeine as a risk factor for chronic daily headache: a population-based study,” Neurology, vol. 63, no. 11, pp. 2022–2027, 2004.
- P. J. Goadsby, “Is medication-overuse headache a distinct biological entity?” Nature Clinical Practice Neurology, vol. 2, no. 8, p. 401, 2006.
- H. S. Boon, D. C. Cherkin, J. Erro et al., “Practice patterns of naturopathic physicians: results from a random survey of licensed practitioners in two US States,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 4, article 14, 2004.
- L. P. Wang, X. Z. Zhang, J. Guo et al., “Efficacy of acupuncture for migraine prophylaxis: a single-blinded, double-dummy, randomized controlled trial,” Pain, vol. 152, no. 8, pp. 1864–1871, 2011.
- L. P. Wang, X. Z. Zhang, J. Guo, et al., “Efficacy of acupuncture for acute migraine attack: a multicenter single blinded, randomized controlled Trial,” Pain Medicine, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 623–630, 2012.
- P. Tfelt-Hansen, G. Block, C. Dahlöf et al., “Guidelines for controlled trials of drugs in migraine: second edition,” Cephalalgia, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 765–786, 2000.
- World Medical Association General Assembly, “World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki: ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects,” Journal International de Bioéthique, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 124–129, 2004.
- Y. Nestoriuc, A. Martin, W. Rief, and F. Andrasik, “Biofeedback treatment for headache disorders: a comprehensive efficacy review,” Applied Psychophysiology Biofeedback, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 125–140, 2008.
- C. T. Hartrick, J. P. Kovan, and S. Shapiro, “The numeric rating scale for clinical pain measurement: a ratio measure,” Pain Practice, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 310–316, 2003.
- L. Xiong, Z. Y. Fang, X. N. Tao, M. Bai, and G. Feng, “Effect and mechanism of ligustrazine on Th1/Th2 cytokines in a rat asthma model,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1011–1020, 2007.
- C. L. Chang, C. S. Lin, and G. H. Lai, “Phytochemical characteristics, free radical scavenging activities, and neuroprotection of five medicinal plant extracts,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 984295, 8 pages, 2012.
- J. W. Kim, J. Y. Han, J. T. Hong, et al., “Ethanol extract of the flower Chrysanthemum morifolium augments pentobarbital-induced sleep behaviors: involvement of C channel activation,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 109164, 7 pages, 2011.
- S. J. Day and D. G. Altman, “Blinding in clinical trials and other studies,” British Medical Journal, vol. 321, no. 7259, p. 504, 2000.
- S. D. Silberstein and W. Edlund, “Practice parameter: evidence-based guidelines for migraine headache (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology,” Neurology, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 754–762, 2000.