- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 978127, 9 pages
Cardioprotective Effects of Qishenyiqi Mediated by Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Blockade and Enhancing Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2
1Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Bei San Huan Dong Lu 11, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100029, China
2State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Received 24 July 2012; Revised 15 October 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Ching Liang Hsieh
Copyright © 2012 Yong Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. He, D. Gu, X. Wu et al., “Major causes of death among men and women in China,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 11, pp. 1124–1134, 2005.
- C. Hong, Y. Wang, J. Lou, Q. Liu, H. Qu, and Y. Cheng, “Analysis of myocardial proteomic alteration after Qishenyiqi formula treatment in acute infarcted rat hearts,” Zhongguo Zhongyao Zazhi, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1018–1021, 2009.
- G. H. Dai, B. L. Zhang, and Z. X. Guo, “Application of central randomized system in project of clinical trial for secondary prevention of myocardial infarction by Qishen Yiqi Drop Pill,” Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 653–656, 2007.
- L. Yang, Q. Qi, Y. Ke-xu, et al., “Effects of Yixin Jiedu Decoction on hemodynamic in Ameroid narrow ring caused,” Chinese Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, no. 05, pp. 1280–1282, 2012.
- Y. Wang, Z. Liu, C. Li et al., “Drug target prediction based on the herbs components: the study on the multitargets pharmacological mechanism of Qishenkeli acting on the coronary heart disease,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 698531, 10 pages, 2012.
- J. Basile and P. P. Toth, “Angiotensin receptor blockers: role in hypertension management, cardiovascular risk reduction, and nephropathy,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 102, no. 10, supplement, pp. S1–S12, 2009.
- T. Berl, “Renal protection by inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system,” Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2009.
- Y. M. Pinto, B. G. J. L. De Smet, W. H. Van Gilst et al., “Selective and time related activation of the cardiac renin-angiotensin system after experimental heart failure: relation to ventricular function and morphology,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1933–1938, 1993.
- M. De Gasparo, K. J. Catt, T. Inagami, J. W. Wright, and T. Unger, “International union of pharmacology. XXIII. The angiotensin II receptors,” Pharmacological Reviews, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 415–472, 2000.
- S. Billet, F. Aguilar, C. Baudry, and E. Clauser, “Role of angiotensin II AT1 receptor activation in cardiovascular diseases,” Kidney International, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 1379–1384, 2008.
- Y. X. Zhao, H. Q. Yin, Q. T. Yu et al., “ACE2 overexpression ameliorates left ventricular remodeling and dysfunction in a rat model of myocardial infarction,” Human Gene Therapy, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1545–1554, 2010.
- J. M. Pfeffer, M. A. Pfeffer, and E. Braunwald, “Influence of chronic captopril therapy on the infarcted left ventricle of the rat,” Circulation Research, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 84–95, 1985.
- M. A. Pfeffer, E. Braunwald, L. A. Moye et al., “Effect of captopril on mortality and morbidity in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction—Results of the survival and ventricular enlargement trial,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 327, no. 10, pp. 669–677, 1992.
- B. Greenberg, M. A. Quinones, C. Koilpillai et al., “Effects of long-term enalapril therapy on cardiac structure and function in patients with left ventricular dysfunction: results of the SOLVD echocardiography substudy,” Circulation, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 2573–2581, 1995.
- R. Willenheimer, B. Dahlöf, E. Rydberg, and L. Erhardt, “AT1-receptor blockers in hypertension and heart failure: clinical experience and future directions,” European Heart Journal, vol. 20, no. 14, pp. 997–1008, 1999.
- F. Barbe, J. B. Su, T. T. Guyene, B. Crozatier, J. Ménard, and L. Hittinger, “Bradykinin pathway is involved in acute hemodynamic effects of enalaprilat in dogs with heart failure,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 270, no. 6, pp. H1985–H1992, 1996.
- M. F. Rousseau, M. A. Konstam, C. R. Benedict et al., “Progression of left ventricular dysfunction secondary to coronary artery disease, sustained neurohormonal activation and effects of ibopamine therapy during long-term therapy with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 488–493, 1994.
- Z. Kassiri, J. Zhong, D. Guo et al., “Loss of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 accelerates maladaptive left ventricular remodeling in response to myocardial infarction,” Circulation, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 446–455, 2009.
- P. K. Mehta and K. K. Griendling, “Angiotensin II cell signaling: physiological and pathological effects in the cardiovascular system,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 292, no. 1, pp. C82–C97, 2007.
- Y. Qi, H. Li, V. Shenoy et al., “Moderate cardiac-selective overexpression of angiotensin II type 2 receptor protects cardiac functions from ischaemic injury,” Experimental Physiology, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 89–101, 2012.
- H. Matsubara, “Pathophysiological role of angiotensin II type 2 receptor in cardiovascular and renal diseases,” Circulation Research, vol. 83, no. 12, pp. 1182–1191, 1998.
- A. Chatterjee, S. A. Mir, D. Dutta, A. Mitra, K. Pathak, and S. Sarkar, “Analysis of p53 and NF-κB signaling in modulating the cardiomyocyte fate during hypertrophy,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 226, no. 10, pp. 2543–2554, 2011.
- W. H. W. Tang, A. C. Parameswaran, A. P. Maroo, and G. S. Francis, “Aldosterone receptor antagonists in the medical management of chronic heart failure,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 1623–1630, 2005.
- T. Hase, H. Tanaka, Y. Suzuki, S. Nakagawa, and H. Kitano, “Structure of protein interaction networks and their implications on drug design,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 5, no. 10, Article ID e1000550, 2009.