- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 980658, 11 pages
Alternative Pathways of Cancer Cell Death by Rottlerin: Apoptosis versus Autophagy
1Department of Physiology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 7-53100 Siena, Italy
2Department of Biology and Evolution, University of Ferrara, Via Luigi Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
3Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
4Department of Cytokinetics, Institute of Biophysics AS CR, v.v.i. Kralovopolska 135, 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
5Center of Biomolecular and Cellular Engineering and International Clinical Research Center, St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno, 1656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
6Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 7-53100 Siena, Italy
Received 22 October 2012; Revised 26 November 2012; Accepted 28 November 2012
Academic Editor: Chun-Tao Che
Copyright © 2012 Claudia Torricelli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shreyans K. Jain, Anup S. Pathania, Samdarshi Meena, Rajni Sharma, Ashok Sharma, Baljinder Singh, Bishan D. Gupta, Shashi Bhushan, Sandip B. Bharate, and Ram A. Vishwakarma, “Semisynthesis of Mallotus B from Rottlerin: Evaluation of Cytotoxicity and Apoptosis-Inducing Activity,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 76, no. 9, pp. 1724–1730, 2013.
- Ewa Obuchowicz, “Antidepressant drugs as a complementary therapeutic strategy in cancer,” Experimental Biology And Medicine, vol. 238, no. 8, pp. 849–858, 2013.
- Betty Yuen Kwan Law, Wai Kit Chan, Su Wei Xu, Jing Rong Wang, Li Ping Bai, Liang Liu, and Vincent Kam Wai Wong, “Natural small-molecule enhancers of autophagy induce autophagic cell death in apoptosis-defective cells,” Scientific Reports, vol. 4, 2014.
- Kai Chen, Liu-Mei Shou, Fang Lin, Wei-Ming Duan, Meng-Yao Wu, Xin Xie, Yu-Feng Xie, Wei Li, and Min Tao, “Artesunate induces G2/M cell cycle arrest through autophagy induction in breast cancer cells,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, pp. 1, 2014.
- Jason Davenport, Maurie Balch, Lakshmi Galam, Antwan Girgis, Jessica Hall, Brian Blagg, and Robert Matts, “High-Throughput Screen of Natural Product Libraries for Hsp90 Inhibitors,” Biology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 101–138, 2014.
- C. Torricelli, E. Daveri, S. Salvadori, G. Valacchi, F. Ietta, M. Muscettola, F. Carlucci, and E. Maioli, “Phosphorylation-independent mTORC1 inhibition by the autophagy inducer Rottlerin,” Cancer Letters, 2015.
- Ning Wang, and Yibin Feng, “Elaborating the Role of Natural Products-Induced Autophagy in Cancer Treatment: Achievements and Artifacts in the State of the Art,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–14, 2015.