- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 983258, 10 pages
Frequency of Yoga Practice Predicts Health: Results of a National Survey of Yoga Practitioners
1University of Maryland School of Nursing, 655 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
2National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 10 Center Drive, Room 2B13, MSC 1151, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Received 22 April 2012; Accepted 20 June 2012
Academic Editor: Sat Bir S. Khalsa
Copyright © 2012 Alyson Ross et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alyson Ross, Erika Friedmann, Margaret Bevans, and Sue Thomas, “National survey of yoga practitioners: Mental and physical health benefits,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2013.
- Michael J. Mackenzie, Linda E. Carlson, Panteleimon Ekkekakis, David M. Paskevich, and S. Nicole Culos-Reed, “Affect and Mindfulness as Predictors of Change in Mood Disturbance, Stress Symptoms, and Quality of Life in a Community-Based Yoga Program for Cancer Survivors,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, Jost Langhorst, Gustav Dobos, and Anna Paul, “Quality of Life and Mental Health in Patients with Chronic Diseases Who Regularly Practice Yoga and Those Who Do Not: A Case-Control Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Jesus Herranz Valera, Patricia Acuña Ruiz, Borja Romero Valdespino, and Francesco Visioli, “Prevalence of orthorexia nervosa among ashtanga yoga practitioners: a pilot study,” Eating and Weight Disorders - Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity, 2014.
- Triptish Bhatia, Sati Mazumdar, Nagendra Narayan Mishra, Raquel E. Gur, Ruben C. Gur, Vishwajit Laxmikant Nimgaonkar, and Smita Neelkanth Deshpande, “Protocol to evaluate the impact of yoga supplementation on cognitive function in schizophrenia: a randomised controlled trial,” Acta Neuropsychiatrica, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 280–290, 2014.
- Ji Hye Lee, and Sun Mi Chae, “Korean Adolescents' Experience of Yoga Class: "Healthy Habits Beyond Exercise",” Perspectives in Nursing Science, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 132, 2014.
- Laura Feagans Gould, Jacinda K. Dariotis, Mark T. Greenberg, and Tamar Mendelson, “Assessing Fidelity of Implementation (FOI) for School-Based Mindfulness and Yoga Interventions: A Systematic Review,” Mindfulness, 2015.
- Lisza Gaiswinkler, Human Friedrich Unterrainer, Andreas Fink, and Hans-Peter Kapfhammer, “Die Beziehung zwischen Yoga Immersion, psychologischem Wohlbefinden und psychiatrischer Symptomatik,” neuropsychiatrie, 2015.
- Crystal L. Park, Tosca Braun, and Tamar Siegel, “Who practices yoga? A systematic review of demographic, health-related, and psychosocial factors associated with yoga practice,” Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 2015.
- Bethany Butzer, Denise Bury, Shirley Telles, and Sat Bir S. Khalsa, “Implementing yoga within the school curriculum: a scientific rationale for improving social-emotional learning and positive student outcomes,” Journal of Children's Services, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3–24, 2016.
- Maxi Meissner, Marja H. Cantell, Ronald Steiner, and Xavier Sanchez, “Evaluating Emotional Well-Being after a Short-Term Traditional Yoga Practice Approach in Yoga Practitioners with an Existing Western-Type Yoga Practice,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2016, pp. 1–9, 2016.