- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 984203, 9 pages
Essential Oil Inhalation on Blood Pressure and Salivary Cortisol Levels in Prehypertensive and Hypertensive Subjects
1College of Nursing, Eulji University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
2School of Medicine, Eulji University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
3Appenzeller School of Public Administration, Paichai University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
4Medical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Received 20 August 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: David Mischoulon
Copyright © 2012 In-Hee Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “The Fourth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES IV-2) Data,” 2008.
- Korean Society of Hypertension, Textbook of Hypertension, Medbook, Seoul, Korea, 2009.
- C. Hawk, H. Ndetan, and M. W. Evans Jr., “Potential role of complementary and alternative health care providers in chronic disease prevention and health promotion: an analysis of National Health Interview Survey data,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 18–22, 2012.
- J. H. Cha, S. H. Lee, and Y. S. Yoo, “Effects of aromatherapy on changes in the autonomic nervous system,aortic pulse wave velocity and aortic augmentation index in patients with essential hypertension,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 705–713, 2010.
- S. H. Cho, “The effects of aroma hand massage on stress response in hospitalized elderly patients,” Kosin University, Busan, Korea, 2005.
- J. H. Hwang, “The effects of the inhalation method using essential oils on blood pressure and stress responses of clients with essential hypertension,” Taehan Kanho Hakhoe chi, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1123–1134, 2006.
- E. K. Kim, “The effect of aroma-neeklace inhalation method in stress, anxiety and physiological response in heomdialysis,” Department of Nursing, Kangwon University, Chuncheon, Korea, 2009.
- K. S. Kim, “Effects of aromatherapy on psychological and physiological responses in the middle aged women,” Department of Nursing, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 2003.
- W. B. Pyun, “Which BP monitoring is better in the prediction of clinical events?” Journal of the Korean Society of Hypertension, vol. 15, supplement 2, p. II-3, 2009.
- T. G. Pickering, D. Shimbo, and D. Haas, “Ambulatory blood-pressure monitoring,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 354, no. 22, pp. 2368–2374, 2006.
- P. Palatini, M. Penzo, A. Racioppa et al., “Clinical relevance of nighttime blood pressure and of daytime blood pressure variability,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 152, no. 9, pp. 1855–1860, 1992.
- S. Battaglia, The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Brisbane, The international Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Queensland, Australia, 2003.
- W. Jäger, G. Buchbauer, L. Jirovetz, and M. Fritzer, “Percutaneous absorption of lavender oil from a massage oil,” Journal of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 1992.
- Y. J. Jung, “Effects of aromatherapy on blood pressure, heart rate variability, and catecholamines in the pre-hypertension middle aged women,” Department of Nursing, Catholic University, Seoul, Korea, 2007.
- G. D. Kim and S. R. Suh, “Meta-analysis about effect of aromatherapy on stress,” Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 188–195, 2008.
- L. Rimmer, “The clinical use of aromatherapy in the reduction of stress,” Home Healthcare Nurse, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 123–126, 1998.
- Y. Lacourcière, N. Crikelair, R. D. Glazer, J. Yen, and D. A. Calhoun, “24-Hour ambulatory blood pressure control with triple-therapy amlodipine, valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide in patients with moderate to severe hypertension,” Journal of Human Hypertension, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 615–622, 2011.
- J. S. Kim, “Effects of the aromatherapy on stress related hormone,” Department of Nursing, Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea, 2007.
- J. Y. Seo, “The effects of aroma inhalation method on stress levels and stress responses of high school students,” Department of Nursing, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea, 2006.