- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 140467, 10 pages
Control Group Design: Enhancing Rigor in Research of Mind-Body Therapies for Depression
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Nursing, 1100 East Leigh Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Received 19 November 2012; Revised 21 February 2013; Accepted 13 March 2013
Academic Editor: Vernon A. Barnes
Copyright © 2013 Patricia Anne Kinser and Jo Lynne Robins. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shaheen N. Awan, “Both direct and indirect behavioral treatments are beneficial for the treatment of voice disorders in teachers,” Evidence-Based Communication Assessment and Intervention, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Holger Cramer, Romy Lauche, and Gustav Dobos, “Characteristics of randomized controlled trials of yoga: a bibliometric analysis,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Patricia Anne Kinser, R.K. Elswick, and Susan Kornstein, “Potential Long-Term Effects of a Mind-Body Intervention for Women with Major Depressive Disorder: Sustained Mental Health Improvements with a Pilot Yoga Intervention,” Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 2014.
- Crystal L. Park, Erik Groessl, Meghan Maiya, Andrew Sarkin, Susan V. Eisen, Kristen Riley, and A. Rani Elwy, “Comparison Groups in Yoga Research: A Systematic Review and Critical Evaluation of the Literature,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2014.
- James J. Newham, Anja Wittkowski, Janine Hurley, John D. Aplin, and Melissa Westwood, “Effects Of Antenatal Yoga On Maternal Anxiety And Depression: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Depression and Anxiety, 2014.
- Lawla L.F. Law, Fiona Barnett, Matthew K. Yau, and Marion A. Gray, “Effects of combined cognitive and exercise interventions on cognition in older adults with and without cognitive impairment: A Systematic Review,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2014.
- Louise Danielsson, Ilias Papoulias, Eva-Lisa Petersson, Jane Carlsson, and Margda Waern, “Exercise or basic body awareness therapy as add-on treatment for major depression: A controlled study,” Journal of Affective Disorders, vol. 168, pp. 98–106, 2014.