- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 183643, 7 pages
Medical Practices and Attitudes of Dual-Licensed Medical Doctors in Korea
1School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University , Yangsan-si, Gyungnam, Republic of Korea
2Korean Medicine Policy Research Center, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-811, Republic of Korea
Received 8 October 2012; Revised 4 January 2013; Accepted 8 January 2013
Academic Editor: R. Govindarajan
Copyright © 2013 Jiseon Ryu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- NCCAM, “Expanding Horizons of Health Care: Strategic Plan,” 2005–2009.
- E. Ben-Arye, “The role of dual-trained conventional/complementary physicians as mediators of integration in primary care,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 487–491, 2010.
- O. Caspi, L. Sechrest, H. C. Pitluk, C. L. Marshall, I. R. Bell, and M. Nichter, “On the definition of complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine: societal mega-stereotypes vs. the patients' perspectives,” Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 58–62, 2003.
- V. Maizes, D. Rakel, and C. Niemiec, “Integrative medicine and patient-centered care,” Explore, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 277–289, 2009.
- L. Rees and A. Weil, “Integrated medicine: imbues orthodox medicine with the values of complementary medicine,” British Medical Journal, vol. 322, no. 7279, pp. 119–120, 2001.
- S. P. Milden and D. Stokols, “Physicians' attitudes and practices regarding complementary and alternative medicine,” Behavioral Medicine, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 73–82, 2004.
- G. T. Lewith, M. Hyland, and S. F. Gray, “Attitudes to and use of complementary medicine among physicians in the United Kingdom,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 9, pp. 167–172, 2001.
- A. Busato, R. Eichenberger, and B. Künzi, “Extent and structure of health insurance expenditures for complementary and alternative medicine in Swiss primary care,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 6, article 132, 2006.
- E. Jeschke, T. Ostermann, H. C. Vollmar, M. Tabali, F. Schad, and H. Matthes, “Prescribing patterns in dementia: a multicentre observational study in a German network of CAM physicians,” BMC Neurology, vol. 11, article 99, 2011.
- B. Barzansky, H. S. Jonas, and S. I. Etzel, “Educational programs in US Medical Schools 1999-2000,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 284, no. 9, pp. 1114–1120, 2000.
- K. Fujiwara, J. Imanishi, S. Watanabe, and K. Ozasa, “Changes in attitudes of Japanese doctors toward complementary and alternative medicine-comparison of surveys in 1999 and 2005 in Kyoto,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 608921, 7 pages, 2011.
- N. Huang, Y. J. Chou, L. S. Chen, C. H. Lee, P. J. Wang, and J. H. Tsay, “Utilization of western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine services by physicians and their relatives: the role of training background,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 827979, 7 pages, 2011.
- J. M. Lee and S. D. Lee, “A study on positive effect affecting medical development with integration of oriental-western medicine in China,” Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 17–33, 1996.
- Indian Medicine Central Council, “Minimum Standard Requirements of Ayurveda Colleges and attached Hospitals,” Regulations, 2012, http://www.ccimindia.org/.
- K. Patwardhan, S. Gehlot, G. Singh, and H. C. S. Rathore, “The Ayurveda education in India: how well are the graduates exposed to basic clinical skills?” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 197391, 2011.
- J. S. Park, B. C. Shin, C. B. Kim et al., “A policy Proposal for the Korean Collaboration of Eastern and Western Medicine according to a model of the Chinese integrative medicine,” Journal of Research Institute of Korean Medicine, Daejeon University, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2010.
- A. F. Hsiao, G. W. Ryan, R. D. Hays, I. D. Coulter, R. M. Andersen, and N. S. Wenger, “Variations in provider conceptions of integrative medicine,” Social Science and Medicine, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 2973–2987, 2006.
- Y. K. Kwon and H. J. Lee, “Attitude of medical professions towards the cooperated medical treatments of Korean oriental medicine and western medicine,” Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 10–14, 2006.
- J. G. Park, et al., Study on the Mutual Development Plan of Western Medicine and Oriental Medicine, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2000.
- K. H. Kim, Survey on the Status of Doctors Co-Operating with Korean Medicine Hospital, Research Institute for Healthcare Policy, 2004.
- D. H. Lee and K. S. Yoo, “A study on cooperative medical treatment system between oriental and western medical practitioners,” Korean Journal of Hospital Management, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 34–61, 1998.
- S. I. Lee, Y. H. Khang, M. S. Lee, and W. Kang, “Knowledge of, attitudes toward, and experience of complementary and alternative medicine in Western medicine- and Oriental medicine-trained physicians in Korea,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 1994–2000, 2002.
- B. H. Choi, G. Y. Han, B. M. Lim, et al., “Characteristics and working status of dual medical licensure holders having the medical doctor and the Korean medicine doctor license in Korea,” Korean Journal of Oriental Preventive Medical Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 117–130, 2011.
- W. S. Cha, J. H. Oh, H. J. Park, S. W. Ahn, S. Y. Hong, and N. I. Kim, “Historical difference between traditional Korean medicine and traditional Chinese medicine,” Neurological Research, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. S5–S9, 2007.
- 2010 Health and Welfare White Paper, Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2011.
- J. S. Ryu, B. M. Lim, B. M. Cho, W. C. Lee, and T. H. Yoon, “Consciousness on co-operative practices between doctors who working in cooperative practicing hospitals and general hospital,” Korean Journal of Oriental Preventive Medical Society, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 29–41, 2009.