- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 201857, 9 pages
The Association between Yang-Deficient Constitution and Clinical Outcome of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy on People Living with HIV
1Department of Infectious Diseases, Guangzhou 8th People’s Hospital, 627 Dongfeng Dong Road, Guangzhou 510060, China
2Stanley Ho Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Received 5 October 2013; Revised 11 December 2013; Accepted 11 December 2013
Academic Editor: Youn Chul Kim
Copyright © 2013 Yuwen Cen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Zhang, Z. Dou, Y. Ma et al., “Five-year outcomes of the China National Free Antiretroviral Treatment Program,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 151, no. 4, pp. 241–251, 2009.
- K. Joshi, Y. Ghodke, and P. Shintre, “Traditional medicine and genomics,” Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 26–32, 2010.
- S. Chen, F. Lv, J. Gao et al., “HLA class II polymorphisms associated with the physiologic characteristics defined by traditional Chinese medicine: linking modern genetics with an ancient medicine,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 231–239, 2007.
- Q. Wang, “Classification and diagnosis basis of nine basic constitutions in Chinese medicine,” Journal of Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- J. Wang, Y. Li, C. Ni, H. Zhang, L. Li, and Q. Wang, “Cognition research and constitutional classification in chinese medicine,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 651–660, 2011.
- Q. Wang and S. Yao, “Molecular basis for cold-intolerant yang-deficient constitution of traditional chinese medicine,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 827–834, 2008.
- Y. Wu, Y. Zhu, N. Wu, J. Di, and Y. Wang, “The relationshio between diet habits and constitution type in the general population 8448 adults cases from nine provinces or municipalities of China,” Chinese Journal of Health Management, vol. 6, pp. 64–67, 2012.
- F. Tang, Y. Zhu, and N. Wu, “Study on the college students’ psychological characteristics of personality of the nine constitutions in traditional Chinese medicine,” Chinese Journal of Behavioral Medical Science, vol. 21, pp. 63–65, 2012.
- Y.-B. Zhu, Q. Wang, K.-F. Chen, Y.-E. Wu, W.-L. Hong, and L. Liu, “Stratified analysis of the relationship between traditional Chinese medicine constitutional types and health status in the general population based on data of 8 448 cases,” Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 382–389, 2011.
- Y.-B. Zhu, Q. Wang, C.-Y. Wu et al., “Logistic regression analysis on relationships between traditional Chinese medicine constitutional types and overweight or obesity,” Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1023–1028, 2010.
- Y.-B. Zhu, Q. Wang, Q.-W. Deng, J. Cai, X.-H. Song, and X. Yan, “Relationships between constitutional types of traditional Chinese medicine and hypertension,” Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 40–45, 2010.
- T. Makino, K. Kato, and H. Mizukami, “Processed aconite root prevents cold-stress-induced hypothermia and immuno-suppression in mice,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 1741–1748, 2009.
- J. E. Park, Y. J. Kang, M. K. Park et al., “Enantiomers of higenamine inhibit LPS-induced iNOS in a macrophage cell line and improve the survival of mice with experimental endotoxemia,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 226–233, 2006.
- Y. J. Kang, Y. S. Lee, G. W. Lee et al., “Inhibition of activation of nuclear factor κB is responsible for inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase expression by higenamine, an active component of aconite root,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 291, no. 1, pp. 314–320, 1999.
- S. Zheng, H.-J. Wu, S.-P. Yu, et al., “Shenfu injection () suppresses inflammation by targeting haptoglobin and pentraxin 3 in rats with chronic ischemic heart failure,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2013.
- X. Hou, C. Li, W. Gu, Z. Guo, W. Yin, and D. Zhang, “Effect of Shenfu on inflammatory cytokine release and brain edema after prolonged cardiac arrest in the swine,” The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 31, pp. 1159–1164, 2013.
- T. Chen, M. Cheng, Z. Yuan, S. Zhou, and Z. Yu, “Protective role of Shenfu on ischemia-reperfusion injury of rat liver grafts,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 978–981, 2012.
- Q. Wang, Y.-B. Zhu, H.-S. Xue, and S. Li, “Primary compiling of Constitution in Chinese Medicine Questionnaire,” Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 12–14, 2006.
- Y.-B. Zhu, Q. Wang, H.-S. Xue, and Q. Orikasa, “Preliminary assessment on performance of Constitution in Chinese Medicine Questionnaire,” Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 15–17, 2006.
- Y. Zhu, Q. Wang, and H. Orikasa, “Evaluation on reliability and validity of the constitution in Chinese medicine,” Chinese Journal of Behavioral Medical Science, vol. 16, pp. 651–655, 2007.
- M. M. Breuniq, H.-P. Kriegel, R. T. Ng, and J. Sander, “LOF: identifying density-based local outliers,” in Proceeding of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, vol. 29, pp. 93–104, Dallas, Tex, USA, 2000.
- F. Zhang, Z. Dou, Y. Ma et al., “Effect of earlier initiation of antiretroviral treatment and increased treatment coverage on HIV-related mortality in China: a national observational cohort study,” The Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 516–524, 2011.
- A. Gupta, G. Nadkarni, W.-T. Yang et al., “Early mortality in adults initiating antiretroviral therapy (ART) in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC): a systematic review and meta-analysis,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 12, Article ID e28691, 2011.
- F. Zhou, G. F. Kominski, H.-Z. Qian et al., “Expenditures for the care of HIV-infected patients in rural areas in China's antiretroviral therapy programs,” BMC Medicine, vol. 9, article 6, 2011.
- D. Shan, J. Sun, A. Yakusik, et al., “Total HIV/AIDS expenditures in Dehong Prefecture, Yunnan province in 2010: the first systematic evaluation of both health and non-health related HIV/AIDS expenditures in China,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, Article ID e68006, 2013.
- J. D. Neaton, J. Neuhaus, and S. Emery, “Soluble biomarkers and morbidity and mortality among people infected with HIV: summary of published reports from 1997 to 2010,” Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 480–490, 2010.
- X. Tang and S. Li, “Studies on insulin resistance, sexual hormone and β2-microglobulin levels in essential hypertension patients with spleen and kidney yang deficiency,” Journal of Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 193–195, 2008.
- T. Rampp, L. Tan, L. Zhang et al., “Menopause in German and Chinese women—an analysis of symptoms, TCM-diagnosis and hormone status,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 194–196, 2008.
- M. Jones and M. Núñez, “Liver toxicity of antiretroviral drugs,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 32, pp. 167–176, 2012.
- L. Gao, F. Zhou, X. Li, and Q. Jin, “HIV/TB co-infection in mainland China: a meta-analysis,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 5, Article ID e10736, 2010.
- W. W. Yew and C. C. Leung, “Antituberculosis drugs and hepatotoxicity,” Respirology, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 699–707, 2006.
- M. M. Estrella, D. M. Fine, and M. G. Atta, “Recent developments in HIV-related kidney disease,” HIV Therapy, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 589–603, 2010.
- R. D. Cooper and M. Tonelli, “Renal disease associated with antiretroviral therapy in the treatment of HIV,” Nephron—Clinical Practice, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. c262–c268, 2011.
- T. N. Kakuda, “Pharmacology of nucleoside and nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor-induced mitochondrial toxicity,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 685–708, 2000.
- L. Scorrano, “Keeping mitochondria in shape: a matter of life and death,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, pp. 886–893, 2013.
- X. Huang, Q. Chen, G. Yang, et al., “Metabolic profiling study of yang deficiency syndrome in hepatocellular carcinoma by h1 NMR and pattern recognition,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 843048, 6 pages, 2012.